• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Cairnsay

Banned
God this day is dragging, just want to get home and golf some.

To people already playing, does it appear there is anyway for team online play, either match or stroke play. Can you imagine getting a Gaf Ryder Cup going?!

Kouriozan

Ugh, my internet is super slow today, and getting errors while downloading the DLC, yay my luck >.<
It would have been better if it was on cart DLC for me :lol
Edit : nevermind, too much WiFi connections at my house.

How do you play games with people at the same time, like not asynchronously? Is there a way to do that online or local only?

Robin64

For the asynchronous tournaments, does latency matter? As in can I play at work tether to a phone?

Latency doesn't matter for this. The tournaments are played "offline", technically, you only connect to get the tournament and, at the end, upload your score.

daydream

Banned
Alright, got my copy!

Quick checklist for myself:

- Join GAF community
- Join first GAF tourney
- Play in World Tournament 1

Schlocky

this game is so good, i haven't played toadstool tour since it came out, forgot how addictive mario golf can be.
also golden mario shitting out coins for me everywhere is glorious, although the golden ball bouncing like its on the moon is a bit shit.

daydream

Banned
There's a Shy Guy in the Castle Club lobby.

WPSuIXA.gif

Robin64

how much extra stuff is in this? Is there a big enough hook to keep playing ala, shit to unlock, gear, trinkets, etc.

There are LOADS of things to unlock. Mostly gear for your Mii, all of which affects stats. A huge chunk of it only comes from tournaments too, such as the Callaway stuff, so it's going to take a while based purely in when those run.

brerwolfe

You guys are really making me want to buy this. I've had Hot Shots Golf on my vita since launch, it's the only game I continue to play daily, mainly because of the daily tournaments.

I think I might get this tonight. I haven't touched my 3ds in almost a year.

Kouriozan

Just got -13 in the GAF tournament, all those Pangya years were worth it!
But I got a shameful double bogey and missed 2 eagle, time for some practice!

Current results :

1) Hannah -19
2) Katze -18
3) Godot -14
4) Kouriozan -13
5) Xater -12
6) Pira-tan -12
7) Salsa -12
8) andymoogle -11
9) WelshGamer -8
10) Fluxx :D -8
11) Robin -7
12) Tenck -7
13) Teeny -6
14) Sam -6
15) Khaz -6
16) Billy +5

Robin64

Oddly I do much worse in the tournament than when just playing an offline match. Maybe I just can't take the pressure!

jacobeid

Banned
I'm going into Gamestop today to trade in Pokemon X and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon to pay off my Mario Kart 8 preorder. It's gonna be super tough to resist picking this up. If they were selling it for $30 like Amazon I'd probably bite.

Any idea what happens if you finish an online tournament and aren't online? Does it become a wash or does it save your stats until next time it has internet? It stands to reason that a wifi only mobile gaming system would save it for next internet access, but you never know! Just wondering since I'll be playing this on the road this weekend.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gonna be picking mine up later today, here's my 3DS FC:

XiaNaphryz/XiaNaphryz - 5241-1921-7740

Ibuki

Banned
How exactly does the DLC pass work? Is it released over time like a normal season pass, or is it all released today?

Timeaisis

Played for like an hour yesterday. Did the handicap thing on the Forest Course. Got a 9.0 (whatever that means).

Looking forward to unlock more stuff. Is that mostly through Castle Club stuff or the "Mario Golf" stuff?

Oh, and add me!
0731-4970-3925

Raven77

Anyone with the game care to comment on the quality of the courses?

Are they fun, interesting to look at, etc. etc.

I loved the courses in the Mario Golf for Gamecube.

Just realized the game came out today. I really really enjoyed the Gamecube and GBC Mario Golf games so I'm thinking about picking it up.

How's the game so far? Online stuff sounds great but how are the courses? I remember loving the Toadstool Tour courses and I really can't imagine this game having courses on par with some of those but I hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom