• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

dLMN8R

So what's the deal with the aiming triangle when you're taking a shot? Even when I get a perfect hit, that triangle never actually represents anywhere close to where the ball ends up.

Soul Beat

Not a bogey in front of Reggie and Iwata!
7sU1Z2c.jpg

Robin64

So what's the deal with the aiming triangle when you're taking a shot? Even when I get a perfect hit, that triangle never actually represents anywhere close to where the ball ends up.

Think of it as the finishing distance of the ball if you hit the triangle marker on the power meter, but look at your ball's impact marker for position.

After 5 download errors I finally got it. Bought the season pack and I'm getting errors downloading that. I'm enjoying the game, but this is bumming me out. Anyone else having problems or know of a way around this?

Kouriozan

Are The Reggie & Iwata Miis being pulled from your Mii plaza or the Mii creator? I've noticed that two other Miis I have in my creator show up in the background. But I haven't seen any from the street pass plaza.
I still have mine, with some RE:Revelations gold pants characters.

dLMN8R

Think of it as the finishing distance of the ball if you hit the triangle marker on the power meter, but look at your ball's impact marker for position.

But that's never the case for me. I'll get a perfect hit on the triangle marker on the power meter, but the ball usually ends up resting way far away from the marker on the field. Sometimes it's closer if I add top/back spin though.

3DS FC: 0576-4298-6518
Name: Lammy

Soul Beat

Are The Reggie & Iwata Miis being pulled from your Mii plaza or the Mii creator? I've noticed that two other Miis I have in my creator show up in the background. But I haven't seen any from the street pass plaza.
The ones I've encountered so far are from Mii Maker, I think. I haven't encountered any other special Mii like Aonuma's or Konno's. I'll keep an eye out though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does the 'flight line' show where your ball will go including wind and lie, or is it a line showing where you'd go with a flat lie and no wind?

Also, where the hell do you find the vs mode for the community, and the private tournament? The basement only seems to have official tournaments

Edit: right back out at the main menu and select mario golf / Vs for community. That wasn't obvious..

Robin64

Does the 'flight line' show where your ball will go including wind and lie, or is it a line showing where you'd go with a flat lie and no wind?

Also, where the hell do you find the vs mode for the community, and the private tournament? The basement only seems to have official tournaments

Quick Play, not Castle mode.

SummitAve

Banned

I ignore it on my approaches and focus more on the spot of impact.

Marcel

Any tips on putting? I don't seem to be having trouble with a whole lot else, but my putting is usually a toss-up. Sometimes I can nail that birdie, other times it's a double bogey.

Chopper

I really want this. Just not yet. Am I gonna miss out on Gold Mario (or anything else) if I don't jump on it now?

SoupyFlow

Banned
How does everyone like the multiplayer? Can you join large online tournaments and actually play with other people online?

I was a bit disappointed in the Hot Shots Golf for Vita's multiplayer. :(

Robin64

How does everyone like the multiplayer? Can you join large online tournaments and actually play with other people online?

That's exactly what we're doing. ;)
It's awesome!

24 people on the EarlyBird tournament leaderboard so far. First prize will probably be fairly decent!

NotLiquid

The Online multiplayer is a lot of fun. You don't play against opponents live, you challenge your foes on a score board that updates and when the tournament time limit runs out the awards ceremony is held.

So for example if you finish a course with a score of -15, opponents will have to beat that score. You can still see ghosts while playing though, such as the opponents' drive and their shots while you're playing.

The Online multiplayer is a lot of fun. You don't play against opponents live, you challenge your foes on a score board that updates and when the tournament time limit runs out the awards ceremony is held.

So for example if you finish a course with a score of -15, opponents will have to beat that score. You can still see ghosts while playing though, such as the opponents' drive and their shots while you're playing.
Just before anybody gets confused, you *CAN* play against other people live. Playing against other people live is the only way to get the country outfits. The post I'm quoting is just about the tourneys.

daydream

Banned
I'm on the fence too. I want to be sold on it gaf, sell it to me :( Why should i get this game?

I think the formula is executed wonderfully. Castle Club is a great addition and the multiplayer modes add a lot of longevity (there's a ton of content), so does the GAF competition. Digging the soundtrack and the visual flourish as well.

I'd also say that, while it loses some camera control, the whole thing is just a perfect fit for the 3DS.

NotLiquid

Just before anybody gets confused, you *CAN* play against other people live. Playing against other people live is the only way to get the country outfits. The post I'm quoting is just about the tourneys.

Yeah, I'm sorry about not being specific, since the post I was responding to mentioned tournaments.

Kouriozan

I'm loving Wario's Birdie animation.
But did you see Waluigi's one? Hahaha :)
Those animations are excellent, can't wait to get better so I can see their Eagle ones more easily.

Edit : Waluigi's double Bogey animation is like the opposite of his Birdie one x)

Hey guys, quick question.

One thing that's preventing me from snagging this right away is that I fear that the Mii customization stuff might be kind of broken and one sided. After I learned that this game had a similar system to Mario Tennis, which was completely broken in that game, I wonder if things are similar here.

Is the Mii overpowered? Are there reasons to keep using the Mario characters? Will certain combinations completely dominate in MP? What's the early impressions on this?

Robin64

Hey guys, quick question.

One thing that's preventing me from snagging this right away is that I fear that the Mii customization stuff might be kind of broken and one sided. After I learned that this game had a similar system to Mario Tennis, which was completely broken in that game, I wonder if things are similar here.

Is the Mii overpowered? Are there reasons to keep using the Mario characters? Will certain combinations completely dominate in MP? What's the early impressions on this?

I don't think the Mii will ever be overpowered. It all seems fairly balanced so far. And even if it does, you can restrict tournaments to certain characters anyway.

I don't think the Mii will ever be overpowered. It all seems fairly balanced so far. And even if it does, you can restrict tournaments to certain characters anyway.

Good enough for me. Tennis was completely ballsed up online so I'm glad that there are options to avoid such things if it turns out that way.

Appreciate the quick answer. Thanks.

But did you see Waluigi's one? Hahaha :)
Those animations are excellent, can't wait to get better so I can see their Eagle ones more easily.

Edit : Waluigi's double Bogey animation is like the opposite of his Birdie one x)
Not yet, I'm doing my first 18 holes now. I'll make sure to check him out. All of the animations from the demo were great, so I'm assuming all of them are fun.

Good enough for me. Tennis was completely ballsed up online so I'm glad that there are options to avoid such things if it turns out that way.

Appreciate the quick answer. Thanks.
Well, there are the Mii-only tournaments in the Castle Club...

...But Miis aren't really OP there. Certain combos will probably be better than others in that mode though. Working on unlocking equipment in the shop right now by doing the first 3 holes on Sky Island over and over.

After 5 download errors I finally got it. Bought the season pack and I'm getting errors downloading that. I'm enjoying the game, but this is bumming me out. Anyone else having problems or know of a way around this?
Background download worked for me with the demo.

Speaking of the demo: how do the challenges featured in it compare to those in the full game in terms of difficulty?

Vysetron

Neo Member
First attempt at GAF tourney was -11. I can do better.

Edit: -12 on second attempt, so many missed Eagles. I'll give it another go later.

For those who haven't noticed, I am not adding FCs anymore. There will be a spreadsheet soon and then you can add your FCs there. The list in the OP will be replaced with the link to that spreadsheet when I do it, which will probably be within the hour.

daydream

Banned
Anyone tried the DLC Trial Tour 1? Already bought the Season Pass, so I'm curious if you get an exclusive item out of it.

Top Bottom