• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

daydream

Banned
Whoops.

Db7ZwkM.jpg

It's coo', Birdo don't judge.

Robin64

How else would they be able to showcase all of the DLC ahead of time? Stuff like this has to be tested for bugs months in advance, and the Mushroom pack is already out.

When you select a Mushroom Cup Trial tournament, it's asks you to first download the trial version of the DLC and directs you.

Strider

I want this after playing the demo but I''m already buying/bought 4 other games this month, 2 of which come out next week. What do I do :( My poor wallet.

I'm probably buying it

Ludist210

Downloaded it last night and bought the Season Pass...so total, $45 plus tax. Most retail 3DS games new are $40 plus tax, so I don't have a problem with the price.

I've only played three holes of a practice round with my Mii so far, and I dig it.

Timeaisis

This will be a perfect have-in-my-3DS-at-all-times game.

Side question, are items only available on the
"Special 9-hole courses"?

Moosehole

Just getting started, haven't played since N64. I'll leave my friend code here if anyone wants to play:

Moose - 4313-0639-4892

Kouriozan

Woa, finally decided to go to the shop, there is tons and tons of stuff to unlock/buy, and the last category have stuff like get 40 birdie medals etc...

Anyone know the conversion rate for Play Coins to ingame coins?
Saw somewhere that 10 play coins = 1000 coins.

Something about seeing Mario and chums chilling out in a VIP room at castle club alongside their nemesis Bowser manages to go beyond the usual oddity of playing sports with the Koopa King.

centracore

I don't know if this is well known or not, but I was exploring the Castle Club and found a spot with Xs, Os, triangles and squares floating around, walked up to it and pushed A and Magikoopa (I think?) showed up. He lets you convert 3DS Play Coins into Mario Golf Coins at an exchange rate of 10:1000.

scrj5kE.jpg

Kouriozan

Finished the World Tournament with a score of -6...
Got 2 Bogey... Rain screwing up your shots/putts...
First place to 7th have a score of -20!!
Oh well, I have 12 days to get better gears.

Oh and you get Game Boy gears for participating, not NES.

Teggy

I added everyone from the OP, but now I'm reading it's not necessary? Anyway I'm
1650-1593-4695
Teggy

Now to look up how to enter the tournament...

Robin64

Community is just a permanent lobby then? Didn't see an option to join a club structure or anything.

Yeah, effectively. Just a private lobby for GAFfers to meet up and play without having to add everyone as friends and hope they all add you back.

How else would they be able to showcase all of the DLC ahead of time? Stuff like this has to be tested for bugs months in advance, and the Mushroom pack is already out.

Your asking how a developer can showcase DLC if it's not on the cart? Couldn't possibly have taken screenshots and video from their dev version of the game that has all the DLC installed?

Jasconius

Woo, figured the early bird tournament would be a good warmup, so that was the first thing I did! Took a couple of holes to get used to everything again but got a chip-in eagle on hole 4, not bad~

It's weird that you can't see the leaderboard for the tournament as you are playing (that I could see at least), but I knew -13 wasn't going to be good enough anyway. Need to get some practice in, I guess!

DirtyLarry

Thinking about it since I got the game for $30 going to pick up the Season Pass.
Can one do so from a website or something along those lines or does it have to be done in game?

I got Mairo clothes for participating in the Mario Tournament, but I can't find the clothes anywhere. They aren't in the shop. My score shows for the tournament, but no gear.

If the DLC is locked on the cart then please explain why you have to download 440-something blocks when you buy the Mushroom Pack, and why the Season Pack, which has Gold Mario while the Mushroom Pack does not but otherwise the two packs are identical right now, has another 40-something blocks.

And keep in mind that the base game is 4200-something blocks. So the Mushroom Pack download is a tenth of the game's size. Also, for the Toad Highlands trial tournament you have to download like 187 blocks or something like that.

Yeeeeah, I don't think that's how on-cart DLC works...

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Woo! Got it and already got the Season Pass. Woo!

FC: 1934-0670-6722 3ds name: GalaxyFork

Woo

Robin64

I got Mairo clothes for participating in the Mario Tournament, but I can't find the clothes anywhere. They aren't in the shop. My score shows for the tournament, but no gear.

Just press start, go to change outfit, they're there. No need to buy them from the shop.

Kouriozan

Just unlocked Yoshi Lake at 7 star coins.
There seems to be quite a lot of content :)

Edit 2 : that's not even a spoiler, it tells you in game how to unlock stuff.
It should be in your inventory already.
Edit : too late.

do you get used to putting after a bit? Just couldn't get a good handle of it in the demo, and just booted up the gbc and gba one and was surprised how much easier it was to putt in those :/

Just unlocked Yoshi Lake at 7 star coins.
There seems to be quite a lot of content :)

Edit 2 : that's not even a spoiler, it tells you in game how to unlock stuff.

It should be in your inventory already.
Edit : too late.

That's nice that you get the item without also having to buy it. I was expecting to have to use coins for it.

do you get used to putting after a bit? Just couldn't get a good handle of it in the demo, and just booted up the gbc and gba one and was surprised how much easier it was to putt in those :/

It's essentially the same grid based system they've used for the N64 and GCN releases if that helps you mentally at all...

Exile20

I really want to buy this but MK8 is so close. Looks like great fun.

Is the single player deep? How is the multiplayer?

Kouriozan

So after playing about 3 straight hour, yep it's addicting and I played the same forest course 3 times :lol (GAF tournament + Handicap course + World tournament).
Did some star coins challenge, beated Daisy and she was not that bad but kept saying how she was ready x)
So I got her Star character.

On the fence about this, as I loved the GBC and GBA games (finished them both) but didn't really have much love for the GC game.

Need to play the demo a bit more, obv.

Also: help me decide.

hort22

so some have mentioned the ghost balls or whatever you want to call them in the online tourneys...so does it just show the ghost ball of your best round? is it showing every GAF player's ghost ball that has entered the GAF tourney?

Teggy

so some have mentioned the ghost balls or whatever you want to call them in the online tourneys...so does it just show the ghost ball of your best round? is it showing every GAF player's ghost ball that has entered the GAF tourney?

It's showing all the other players with their Mii as the marker. When you finish the tournament it asks if you want your ghost data to be included.

Kingbrave

try having the game in hand but waiting on an ebay shipper to ship a 2ds to you...lol

That doesn't help. Unless you want to start a club of hate toward people that already have and are playing right now. I'm thinking of walking to one of their house's and punching right in the throat!

Top Bottom