• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
13899638087_d7be88e02d_z.jpg

Vanillalite

Android-GAF gaming hangout is going physical except for me. So I just posted my pics of it downloaded. I know when they see it they are all gonna be like FUUUU! LoLz

Vanillalite

Do I want the season pass guys?

I've never been a huge Mario Golf guy, and I wonder if the base game will be enough.

Salsa

Do I want the season pass guys?

I've never been a huge Mario Golf guy, and I wonder if the base game will be enough.

Just play for a few days and see for yourself. No rush.

I love Mario Golf but im still gonna wait cause I dont know if i'll be able to get Tomodachi Life later

Have you tried Hot Shots Golf on the vita? You can see all the balls there as well.

I have major problems with HSG tourneys. Can't wait to see how this works out.

No, I haven't tried that game yet. My PS+ just ran out too now that it's free there. :/ I guess I should get another 12 months.

Ive had to go through like 10 loading bars (download game, download server info, download dlc store info, download dlc, download mii, transfer data, etc.), but I'm almost able to play a bit.

Schryver

You bastards convinced me to get the digital version. Got the Best Buy one since I needed to use up my rewards money. No email yet though TT

Add me too! Hopefully I will be able to find some wifi and play online while on vacation next week

Schryver - Schryver - 4613-8413-1124

Keikaku

Retailers opens at 10am. No regrets. #teamphys4lyfe
This guy gets it.

When the heat death of the Universe finally takes the Nintendo digital store offline, I'll pull out my carefully maintained physical copy and wave it in the faces of all you smug digital hooligans :p

Played one full 18-hole round - tried Gold Mario

Its immediately apparent that getting coins is not going to be an issue if you use him, but his golf balls are made of rubber or something and bounce all over the place. It got annoying fast. Finished the course with only -8 or so, I still have no clue how to read the green slopes. Do the lines get faster/bigger/more of them?

There's an outfit based off of each country's flag

To get other countries you need to play people from a different country

Hey Salsa you are going to be very popular soon. How do you feel?

And how do I take part in the online tournaments like "Americas Near-Pin 1"?

It's telling me that there are 6 days remaining, but I can't seem to the round to participate .

Edit: okay, weird, I backed all the way and reloaded the tournaments and I was able to enter them.

There are basically two "campaigns": Mario Golf's is Challenges, with two sets of 90, and then there's the Castle Club. You'll have to play both, though not necessarily beat both, in order to get all the courses.

Challenge mode is also where you get new characters BTW. Lots and lots of coins needed, yep.

rekameohs

Banned
I'll probably be downloading this game at some point this weekend. Is there a GAF friend code list thing that I can add my name to?

Salsa

I noticed something weird, if you're outside on castle club and turn off 3D the water drastically changes its color

weird

-19 in NeoGAF Early Bird tournament.

Missed a lot of opportunities. Pretty lackluster run overall. Expect a score a ways into the -20s tomorrow. Not in the mood for that right now though ><;

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tomorrow I'm going to be turning the GAF FC list in the OP into a spreadsheet anyone can edit because I'm lazy.

In that case I'll slip mine in here before you do that :)

5327-0890-9892

Will add everyone in this thread I don't already have, after trimming some AC friends (100 limit right?)

Shot a -11 in the practice round to determine my handicap. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. They gave me a -9. I'm guessing this game gets a lot tougher the deeper you get into it.

Everybody gets a 9.0 handicap to start out with. Such a troll, Camelot. ><; Why have us do that practice round if our score doesn't matter? Whyyyyyy? lol

Robin64

Nice to see people on the leaderboard for the NeoGAF EarlyBird Tournament. :)

Currents standings are...

Hannah / -19
Katze / -18
Godot / -14
Xater / -12
Pira-tan / -12
andymoogle / -11
WelshGamer / -8
Fluxx :D / -8
Robin / -7

Draconian

I'm gonna aim for middle of the pack in this tournament when I get the game tomorrow. I already know I'm not going to put up anything near -19 with the way I've played on the demo. :p

Cairnsay

Banned
Played one full 18-hole round - tried Gold Mario

Its immediately apparent that getting coins is not going to be an issue if you use him, but his golf balls are made of rubber or something and bounce all over the place. It got annoying fast. Finished the course with only -8 or so, I still have no clue how to read the green slopes. Do the lines get faster/bigger/more of them?

From my experience of the demo, greens that slope but are reasonably flat are fairly straight forward and only require subtle adjusting, its when you land on the green and the cup is shown as being level with you, but theres a huge slope to neogitate between here and there is when I ran into trouble.Guess its deciding if I want to improve my aproach play so I can steer clear of those areas or get better at putting.

Just started work now, it will be waiting for me when I get home!

Kawl_USC

This game is really awesome. Having a lot of fun over the past two hours just playing around on the forest course. Will definitely be spending a lot of my free time with this game over the next couple of weeks.

Top Bottom