• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Kouriozan

Woohoo, got my first HiO!
Time to party!

IEyQ3St.jpg

Camelot need to add the save replays feature in an update!

Also, my score in the 2nd GAF tournament is 4:14,1, that's pretty bad haha x)

Okay, guys. It's settled. Buying the season pass. Seems if you buy the season pass, you get one pack free. And I love to play those N64 courses again. The tryout has been fantastic.

One question, though, if I buy a new 3DS in the near future, will this content also be transferred to the new one, because it will be connected to my old 3DS and the account...

Robin64

Okay, guys. It's settled. Buying the season pass. Seems if you buy the season pass, you get one pack free. And I love to play those N64 courses again. The tryout has been fantastic.

One question, though, if I buy a new 3DS in the near future, will this content also be transferred to the new one, because it will be connected to my old 3DS and the account...

If you do a system transfer from the current 3DS to the new one, the DLC will go with it.

Time to party!

Hot damn!

oti

Banned
I thought Everybody's Golf on Vita would get me over the initial launch hype of this game. 40€ for a golf game sounds ludicrous to me, but man, Everybody's Golf is such a soulless game. Mario Golf looks like so much fun.

Time to party!

IEyQ3St.jpg

Camelot need to add the save replays feature in an update!

Also, my score in the 2nd GAF tournament is 4:14,1, that's pretty bad haha x)

Man, I was just thinking about replays. They really should have had that in here :( Wish they could add it later on but I extremely doubt it's possible.

Just sank a 115 ft putt in the rush tournament. Previous best was 30 something. That felt amazing.

Love this game even though I suck compared to others here. :p

Edit: Actually in 4th right now in that one.Yay!

Robin64

Where do you find the items you win. I'm in the locker room but cant see the items won?

Ones from tournaments are usually a little bit further down. The Game Boy stuff is over halfway down, for example.

Stuff that appears with a coin value needs to purchased, though.

I have so much to finish (both Phoenix Wright DD and Layton vs PW), but I might have to get this. And may get eshop version as I'd like to just have it always ready to play a few holes

B00TE

Got the game last night, it's really addicting. Glad my Mii doesn't sound as ridiculously annoying as it has in other games where they are playable, Mario Kart Wii for example. Just beat the second Castle Club tournament thing and my handicap reduced to 0.

Been spending most of my time with the online stuff trying to improve my score/standing though, it's way too fun. Really like the ghost data that plays alongside you and seeing some of my friends shots, the little bit of extra info before I take my shot is nice. Need to try out community vs at some point to see how well it works and maybe pop into some GAF tourney action. o:

matthwq

Banned
It's such a great game, probs best Mario Golf ever (even though I'll never be as good as you guys....), but MAN the putting in this one feels way more strict in comparison to other MG / Hot Shots games. So many birdies/eagles missed.

Robin64

Blah. Totally botched my hottest start yet... lipped eagles on 10 and 12, then parred 14. Could have been -27.

kecG5n1.jpg

:/

How do you even have so many Eagle badges? Par 5 Eagles are mostly okay, if you power to the green, but on a par 4.. HOW?

Grizzo

Does anybody else have issues changing his outfit?

So I'm trying to put on the Thwomp Combo I just bought for my character but every time I press "ok", he reverts back to his old (and ugly) clothes? I don't get it. It's nothing too serious but I'd like to be able to customize him...

Kouriozan

Decided to be crazy and entered the first GAF tournament with bouncy Mario (also needed some money).
It turned out OK I guess.

AYagnAs.jpg

I'm currently 9th, would be nice if I'm still in the top 10 at the end.

I just did it also. what else is there to do in single player?

anything?
There is the 90 challenges in the normal Mario Golf mode.
Also the Sky Island 1 shot/1drive challenge.

Edit : Oh, there is that pipe that started to glow just after the credits, I have to check this out.

chronosic

Became forest course champion and got my handycap down to 3, awww yeah.
Edit:Guess I was drunk last night and my handicap is actually 0 now!

hort22

man i think i fudged up when i didnt get the XL...seems like alot going on, on the smaller 2ds screen...

where are these mario challenges everyone is talking about...only did the mii forest 3 tourneys so far.

depward

Wondering if anyone is like me:

Big everybody's golf fan. Tried this demo and for some reason just disliked controls and such.

Those that maybe just bought and played through that: any luck in liking it?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Controls don't seem all that different to me from HSG, and I've been playing both these series from the start. I could just be so used to golf games in general that I no longer notice the minor differences though.

jiggles

Banned
I screwed up an order on the Game UK site, and ended up buying this twice. The download version, too, so I'll probably not be able to get a refund.

So if anybody wants a UK code, I'm selling. Cost me £29.99, so I'd like to get all of it back, obviously, but it's dead money right now, so I can come down to whatever you want. (Just please don't take advantage)

Appleman

Decided to be crazy and entered the first GAF tournament with bouncy Mario (also needed some money).
It turned out OK I guess.

AYagnAs.jpg

I'm currently 9th, would be nice if I'm still in the top 10 at the end.

There is the 90 challenges in the normal Mario Golf mode.
Also the Sky Island 1 shot/1drive challenge.

Edit : Oh, there is that pipe that started to glow just after the credits, I have to check this out.

I don't know how you managed that, Gold Mario is just too weird for me... I didn't even realize there were gameplay changes until I entered the tourney

Gurrry

I screwed up an order on the Game UK site, and ended up buying this twice. The download version, too, so I'll probably not be able to get a refund.

So if anybody wants a UK code, I'm selling. Cost me £29.99, so I'd like to get all of it back, obviously, but it's dead money right now, so I can come down to whatever you want. (Just please don't take advantage)

do UK codes work for US?

Gurrry

Im checking out the demo right now, I already love the game lol.

Is there online play? How is it if so?

Anyone know of the features in this game yet? Or is it pretty bare bones?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I need help.

I haven't played Mario Golf since the N64 game and I'm having a hard time with the extra level in the shot practice range.

I can't get down how much I have to move the ball to take into consideration of the wind and I keep missing the star coin target, or I'll get the target but miss the range. I know up and down on the dpad changes the golf club you're using, and L and R change the length of your shot, but I can't understand how to set up the shot properly.

Any advice?

I just did it also. what else is there to do in single player?

anything?

I was kinda wondering the same thing. Seems like there is a half-ass story for you to beat the first 3 championships. But, after that it seems like you just play courses to get better scores. Very weird. Maybe I'm missing something...

Controls don't seem all that different to me from HSG, and I've been playing both these series from the start. I could just be so used to golf games in general that I no longer notice the minor differences though.

I feel like Mario Golf is a little less sim-like. It's easier to pull off stuff like backspin and super backspin here than in Hot Shots. Further, thus far, I feel like greens (at least on the first two courses) are flatter here than there. Finally, there's more visual cues about shot projection.

Top Bottom