• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

daydream

Banned
Holy shit, I'm happy to just get par.

How the hell are you guys so good at this?

SZ6KZvx.jpg

Whoever designed the putting system and camera needs to be taken out back and shot
with a job termination slip
. I am mad and furious

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Whoever designed the putting system and camera needs to be taken out back and shot
with a job termination slip
. I am mad and furious

Love the game, but putting stinks just as bad as the last time I played a Mario Golf game.

What's wrong with it? It's pretty much the standard that's been around for over a decade in most golf video games.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This game is soooo legit!

Gonna go buy the DLC now. Wanted to see if I really dug the game, and I'm having a blast!!

What's wrong with it? It's pretty much the standard that's been around for over a decade in most golf video games.

The camera is pretty dumb, but manageable. I kept getting confused by the height indicator. I was never sure how strong of a putt I would need, and I'd mostly overshoot because I didn't know that I was supposed to be going uphill or downhill.

The camera is pretty dumb, but manageable. I kept getting confused by the height indicator. I was never sure how strong of a putt I would need, and I'd mostly overshoot because I didn't know that I was supposed to be going uphill or downhill.

I'll admit that it's slightly confusing in that Hot Shots has me so used to blue meaning downhill and red being up, but there's an arrow that tells you whether the cup is up or down.

XiaNaphryz

The elevation indicator shows where the hole is relative to your position, but the slope in between you and the hole could be different. The glowing lines should be your main focus - if the hole is higher than you but there's a slight downslope for the first 2/3rds of the distance, you'd need to hit that differently than if it's a constant slight uphill putt. Or it could be uphill, but the slope could be inconsistent along the way - if it gets steeper towards the end than in the beginning, the ball will slow down a lot faster towards the end.

XiaNaphryz

So if the arrow is Up and Blue, does this mean the hole is above me, or am I above the hole?

The impact point is above your ball position. You can see this yourself as you setup a shot from the fairway - move your target down into a valley or up on a hill and see how the arrow changes.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Despite my name, I'm not so good at this game. :(

I really don't get Manual yet...

olimpia84

Maybe a played this a bit rushed but can you not play tournament against the AI only like you were able in previous games? It seems like the game wants me to play online tournaments only against other people...am I missing a step in the menus or what?

Vysetron

Neo Member
After Mario Tennis Open handling Miis terribly I was really worried, but it seems to actually be balanced this time around what with star characters and all. And the gameplay is rock solid. I am happy. Need to unlock Kamek ASAP.

Loco4Coco

I've been playing this all day and I've come to a conclusion that I cannot putt to save my life. So many eagle and birdie opportunities ruined. Also is there a way to take off the visor or any other piece of clothing?

ohlawd

hey uhh how do you hit a specific part of the ball and have it curve left or right or whatever?

like I don't get it. It says to touch the side you want to hit but then it triggers the charging stuff.

Darkgran

Game is really great. Surprised at how much content they have packed into it.

I am going to put A TON of hours into this...

Effect

Opening the game now. How are the Easy and Manual swings handled in tournaments? Getting your handicap?

I guess I mean in terms of balance. It's looking like you can switch between the two during a match. So even if you use manual you have a better chance of screwing up and doing well while with easy it's just a more reliable shot?

So Castle Club only has the three courses? Are the dlc courses available in that mode? Single player ain't that long is it?

Also how do you unlock more characters?

Kinsei

Banned
I tried the Gaf tourney again and got -19.

The extra putting challenge can go die in a fire. You have to sink 7 really hard putts and you're only allowed to miss three times. It wouldn't be so bad if you could memorize the holes, but they're random.

Maybe a played this a bit rushed but can you not play tournament against the AI only like you were able in previous games? It seems like the game wants me to play online tournaments only against other people...am I missing a step in the menus or what?

Castle club has tournaments against the CPU.

XiaNaphryz

Is there any place to see current standings for private tourneys?

Also:

zlCfzR4U-HQSTfLXCn

So many 2 putts on the back nine. :( Most of those should've went in on the first putt but were just short.

After playing Kirby for a bit today (great game) I decided to finally try the demo for this. Lets just say it was instantly bought on the eshop. Really enjoyed the demo and played every course they let you try. Now to see how long I last before I buy the pass.

Here I thought I was going to wait on this game....

Top Bottom