• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I feel like Mario Golf is a little less sim-like. It's easier to pull off stuff like backspin and super backspin here than in Hot Shots. Further, thus far, I feel like greens (at least on the first two courses) are flatter here than there. Finally, there's more visual cues about shot projection.

Yeah, the button inputs for spin are generally a bit easier in MG than in HSG. And I also have noticed the greens in the first few courses are generally flatter even compared to previous MG games. I get the feeling the harder courses will have tougher greens.

The visual shot path and impact point is probably the biggest difference, but that can at least be disabled for tourneys - can it be disabled for single player?

As for "sim-like," I think the differences are minor enough given I don't think HSG is that great on the sim side either.

On another note, just had my first encounter with a few rainy holes. I've forgotten how much more power you need on putts to get distance on the wet surface.

Kouriozan

Oh well, back in the lobby, I won't cheat with Gold Mario this time x)
I should have finished the match to keep the coins I guess.

EDIT : Looks like I'm alone, so I'll come back tonight for some matches.

Grizzo

I was doing okay in Mario Golf GBC, like 15 years ago (by the time of its release). Actually, I think I was pretty good.

But it seems like I forgot everything I knew about Mario Golf (haven't played since then). I'm so bad, it's tragic. 10 minutes ago, my ball hit a rock and rebounded straight into the water. And just now, I was on the green and my ball stopped right in front of the hole, like on the edge of it. I can't play tournaments for now.

I hope I'm gonna get better at it.

Jasconius

Good game~

Interesting you get outfits based on your national colors and swap with other people if they have different ones? Sounds cool~

Khaz

Wish we could quick-save halfway through a single player match to go and play multi.

A quick-save option is really needed. Right now, if you start a 18 holes course you'd better be able to finish it, else you just lose your progress. Can't pause halfway through and do something else!

Robin64

Yeah, not a fan of this Community system..

Sitting in a lobby waiting, unable to even chat. Got up to 3 members a moment ago, but then back down to 2.. It's not ideal.

Grizzo

I'm still having the same issue so I'm gonna repost my problem in case somebody knows what's going on:

Does anybody else have issues changing his outfit?

So I'm trying to put on the Thwomp Combo I just bought for my character but every time I press "ok", he reverts back to his old (and ugly) clothes?

Same goes with shoes, I just tried putting on the Pokey shoes I just bought, but when I press "start" it switches back to "normal shoes" and says "do you want to play with this outfit and equipment?".

I don't get it. It's nothing too serious but I'd like to be able to customize him :(

Kouriozan

I'm still having the same issue so I'm gonna repost my problem in case somebody knows what's going on:

Does anybody else have issues changing his outfit?

So I'm trying to put on the Thwomp Combo I just bought for my character but every time I press "ok", he reverts back to his old (and ugly) clothes?

Same goes with shoes, I just tried putting on the Pokey shoes I just bought, but when I press "start" it switches back to "normal shoes" and says "do you want to play with this outfit and equipment?".

I don't get it. It's nothing too serious but I'd like to be able to customize him :(
Are you sure you're pressing the "OK" (or something) in the bottom right corner of the touch screen?
Pushing start ask you if you want to cancel I think.
Edit : nope.
It should work, select stuff to wear with A, press start/touch OK and done.

Man, 2 horrible games just now, lol (I was Fluxx).

Still had fun though! Good games :) I'm free until 5pm today so I'll probably be on for a while.

Robin64

That was really fun!

Also got this set for taking part:

i5Kte3M.png

Grizzo

Are you sure you're pressing the "OK" (or something) in the bottom right corner of the touch screen?
Pushing start ask you if you want to cancel I think.
Edit : nope.
It should work, select stuff to wear with A, press start/touch OK and done.

Yeah, I'm doing all of that and it still won't let me change my clothes :(

Could it be that... my game is bugged? I'm gonna do a video of what's happening and upload it.

Robin64

Yeah, I'm doing all of that and it still won't let me change my clothes :(

Could it be that... my game is bugged? I'm gonna do a video of what's happening and upload it.

It could be that it's bugged, I guess.. I mean, no problems here. I pick gear, hit okay, hit yes and boom, changed.

Robin64

Top Bottom