• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Branson

Finally got gold last night on the Forest Chamionship. Destroyed the AI FINALLY after only getting -3 as my best. -12 last night while the AI had 0 all the way up to hole 8 or 9 which was weird. Feels satisfying.

Okay so here's what is happening in case somebody knows what's going on.

(I'm sorry for the vertical video, but it was easier for me to catch everything that was happening with only one hand)

Just my luck :( Nintendo doesn't release bugged game usually, do they? That would be a first for me...

Hey, I was doing the exact same thing as you until I figured it out. You are only clicking the outfit once, you need to click it twice. Your Mii will change outfits on the display screen, and then you click OK. Hope I could help

EDIT: Beaten. Glad you got it figured out :)

Grizzo

Join us in the GAF lobby to celebrate! One spot left.

I'm really bad for now (like it's rare that I manage to get a Birdie), but why not! I'll try to join in a few minutes.

Edit: The game must download an update for me to play online. I'm waiting!

I'm playing with the buttons too, that's why I couldn't help.
Anyway, glad the problem is fixed.

I should do just that, getting the stylus in and out is getting tedious, haha.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Got a positive handicap now. Hope that doesn't make any of the courses too tricky.

Won the first two tournaments and unlocked three of the shorter courses (up to wiggler world). Got 11,000 coins but so far not much worth buying IMO - too many of the items compromise my control for length

I'm using buttons mostly, but often using the touch screen for backspin - easy reach from my left thumb, plus it means I can just hit I the ball with A and not worry about combos.

Kouriozan

Moutains course is alright, harder than beach/forest obviously, there is some though holes but it should be fine.
I'm currently unlocking DK Jungle for my matches tonight :)

daydream

Banned
This is great. They outdid themselves with the multiplayer. Text chat is the only thing missing, really, but oh well.

Edit: GG everyone. 4th, but I'll take -1 for my first go at this. I'll be up for more matches later!

Robin64

This is great. They outdid themselves with the multiplayer. Text chat is the only thing missing, really, but oh well.

The symbols ingame are fine, but it does definitely need a text chat in the lobby. Hard to know if someone wants to wait around or not.

Jasconius

Edit: GG everyone. 4th, but I'll take -1 for my first go at this. I'll be up for more matches later!

Yeah this has been a lot of fun, even without chat. The only thing I wish is that there was a way to see other players good shots (chip-ins, etc)... I have no idea how they would implement it though and still keep the pace fast like it is now, though. ;p

EDIT: I must have missed the explanation somewhere but how do you unlock the other courses? ~.~

Robin64

Just to get people into tournaments that may not read back a few pages or check the spreadsheet...

There are currently two tournaments running.

NeoGAF EarlyBird
18-holes on Forest Course, Stroke Play, 1 day left.
19-1168-9943-8813

NeoGAF Rush
6-holes on Peach Gardens, Speed Golf, 3 days left.
69-2735-2753-2957

Kouriozan

Yeah this has been a lot of fun, even without chat. The only thing I wish is that there was a way to see other players good shots (chip-ins, etc)... I have no idea how they would implement it though and still keep the pace fast like it is now, though. ;p

EDIT: I must have missed the explanation somewhere but how do you unlock the other courses? ~.~
Star coins challenges in the Mario Golf mode.

How do you even have so many Eagle badges? Par 5 Eagles are mostly okay, if you power to the green, but on a par 4.. HOW?
With front tees, certain star characters can just power their way through to the green on some holes in just one shot. You need consistency with your timing so you keep on getting Nice Shots when using your Power shots, though, since you need a lot of those.

Easiest way to prevent this is to use Back or Tournament tees, which shouldn't be an issue once more people get star characters.

Grizzo

Thanks Robin, I just entered the Early Bird tournament!

I'm awful when it comes to the Green. I can't direct my ball well enough to make it fall in the hole, it always turns left or right. I know practice makes perfect but I have much work to do about it, haha.

Soup Bar

Just to get people into tournaments that may not read back a few pages or check the spreadsheet...

There are currently two tournaments running.

NeoGAF EarlyBird
18-holes on Forest Course, Stroke Play, 1 day left.
19-1168-9943-8813

NeoGAF Rush
6-holes on Peach Gardens, Speed Golf, 3 days left.
69-2735-2753-2957

Just tried that first tourny. I was bogey free until 18. My approach shots suck.

Schryver

Speed tournament was a lot of fun. It's cool seeing the other balls and knowing whether or not you are behind/ahead of the pace. Will have to give it a few more tries later.

Robin64

Went into Community, sat on the loading screen now for five minutes. Not going anywhere, no way to cancel. Have to turn the 3DS off! And this isn't the first time either.

daydream

Banned
Just did the Rush tournament. I don't spend that much time on my shots, anyway, so I really enjoyed that ruleset.

Now to improve my score in the Early Bird tourney.

Robin64

EarlyBird tournament has hit over 100 scores! Really interested now in seeing what the prize for first place is.

Kinsei

Banned
I have a +7.3 handicap in Castle Club mode and I haven't even tries out the seaside course yet. The tournaments are super addictive.

EarlyBird tournament has hit over 100 scores! Really interested now in seeing what the prize for first place is.

Probably a ton of coins. I don't think you'll get a trophy since there doesn't appear to be trophy icons on the standings screen like the official tournaments..

Robin64

Probably a ton of coins. I don't think you'll get a trophy since there doesn't appear to be trophy icons on the standings screen like the official tournaments..

Yeah, it's coins, but apparently the amount depends on the number of participants. I wonder how many tourneys will get as many entries as GAF ones. I bet our prize amount will be substantial.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Well, I have waited 10 min. In the lobby, nobody showed up.
Then it seems like I can't get in other people's lobby >.<
Or I'm really alone trying to have a match.

Edit : yay, finally someone x)

How does the lobby work - just go Vs/community/list/neogaf?

Top Bottom