• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

WEGGLES

Arg. Why did I bring my 3DS but not the charger with me for a weekend away? Loving the game so far, though. Need to work on my putting. The first 300 yards or so are fine... it's the last 10 that get me.

Got a -23, but I can go a few strokes higher for sure since I choked on a Par 5 - got Par - and kept on sucking with my Power Shots in general.

Protip: Use Star Mario or stronger.

Kouriozan

Alright, one last match for me, if anyone want to join the GAF community it's time!
Edit : nevermind, will wait until more people get the game, feeling lonely x)

Kouriozan

Oh...my....god...

G9Ow8yz.jpg

Loving this game more and more!

daydream

Banned
I've only managed 1 Eagle so far. On the other end of the spectrum, I rarely get anything under Par, though. Basically how it's always been for me since the original. Speaking of the original, I'm still waiting for the day they bring back the Mini-Golf mode. I remember spending hours with Baby Mario in that.

On a side note, why is the Handicap Tournament only an option for Forest Course?

On a side note, why is the Handicap Tournament only an option for Forest Course?
Well, it seems that if your handicap round goes really, really badly then you get placed in a higher handicap tournament and have to keep on practicing until you can win the Low-Handicap one. From there the game assumes you're competent enough to beat the game so they aren't needed anymore.

LoveCake

Where do i enter the code to enter the GAF competitions ?

How are you taking the screenshots, when i press the L&R nothing happens !

sikkinixx

Getting used to the controls (more specifically the top/backspin BA, BB, AA, AB stuff. Messes me up big time.

Everything feels and looks great except that fucking putting grid is terrible. The low res 3DS screen really does it no favours at all. Hot Shots on vita, even though it was rendered lower and was a bit fuzzy grid wise, was at least easy to read. In this game I have to zoom around to get a sense of things on the green. Sucks.

Not a bad debut for me -11(only losing by 13-14 strokes...) in the first tourney and just over 4 minutes in the other one. Not bad considering the only other thing I had done before was the handicap round which gave me a 9.0.

No eagles yet, just missed one during the stroke play tourney though.

Salsa

lemme know if you guys want some change in the lobby rules. I think only I can change it?

is there another gaf tourney going on besides early bird?

Robin64

lemme know if you guys want some change in the lobby rules. I think only I can change it?

is there another gaf tourney going on besides early bird?

Lobby rules seem cool to me. Also:

There are currently two tournaments running.

NeoGAF EarlyBird
18-holes on Forest Course, Stroke Play, 1 day left.
19-1168-9943-8813

NeoGAF Rush
6-holes on Peach Gardens, Speed Golf, 3 days left.
69-2735-2753-2957

Velcro Fly

Got this and Kirby both.

I'm going to start with Kirby and play around with it a little bit because I know Golf is going to consume my life tonight

Also have enough CN codes to be pretty close to platinum for next year already. Gosh darn!

505zoom

I didn't like sharing the top spot, shaved a couple more off.

eXDuB50.jpg

Missed the sweetspot on 10 and in turn missed the driveable green, then lipped a 40 footer on 11. -28 is definitely doable without any super long hole-outs. Will give it a few more tries this evening.

Top Bottom