• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

I was walking around in Castle Club and left my character there for some time, because I had to do something. Well when I came back, he was standing asleep, lol. :) Nice touch.

B00TE

Community Vs is a lot of fun. Played for close to three and a half hours now. The few emotes you get are a fun way to communicate. Wish there were more you could unlock or something though.

daydream

Banned
People already playing with Star Chars. Need to catch up.

Edit: Also, I'm screwing up badly with Waluigi. Am more used to my Mii, at this point.

Salsa

I cant hear you guys over all the whining :(

738JVcbl.jpg

Steam_Summer_Getaway_Emoticon_B1.png

honestly I screwed up TWO very clear birdies like an ass so I thouht mr.klaw would caught up, but I got a couple eagles in, in which case the extra distance really does help quite a bit

star characters seem like the way to go once you master hitting the sweet spot tho. They're all fun and games until you miss it by one inch and you end up completely screwing up

lemme know if you guys want me to take them out from the lobby rules

Robin64

Maybe we should say no star characters unless everyone in the group is picking them?
I dunno, I don't want to be FUNKILL McANTIFUN, but maybe it's fair?

daydream

Banned
Maybe we should say no star characters unless everyone in the group is picking them?

Yeah, I actually teased you guys with Star Daisy, but felt it was a bit unfair that way.

First time playing Lagoon, the music is really nice~

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So the underwater course, you basically treat the ground as always wet like when it's raining? Not gonna get as much roll.

It doesn't take long at all to get some star characters. Heck, you can get a good one within 10 minutes of starting the game. I know because that's the first thing I did before doing anything else.

I'd rather tell people who don't have star characters to go get a few than restrict us to the crappy no-star characters.

Salsa

I think everyone playing with star characters is probably more fun tho, or at least there's an argument for that

I mean, it kinda broadens the point system to where you can get some eagles in some holes in which going with regulars is almost impossible. All normal turns into wether or not you can get the birdie, which probably ends up in more draws?

I dont know, we can try

daydream

Banned
I think everyone playing with star characters is probably more fun tho, or at least there's an argument for that

I mean, it kinda broadens the point system to where you can get some eagles in some holes in which going with regulars is almost impossible. All normal turns into wether or not you can get the birdie, which probably ends up in more draws?

I dont know, we can try

I agree, but we should give it some time till everyone has familiarised themselves with all the modes and the Star chars.

XaosWolf

Did a round on Robin's EarlyBird tourney. -11 with the Mii.
Certainly not my best, and I always feel like the ball hates me whilst putting. =P

Will join some versus once I have some more time and less work. Tomorrow night perhaps. =D

Salsa

I guess ideally we'll all end up playing with our Miis, since the sweet spot for the longer-shot star characters gets stupid and might not be worth it for some

I was dreading screwing up with each shot, it's a milisecond away from hitting the ball like one crooked meter, lol

I bet the Callaway gear is the best for that.

So how do we get Star characters? I've only been playing tournaments and Vs, so have no idea.

In the challenges section, each course will have one or two characters to challenge. When you beat them in a challenge (best of 5 for 9 holes) you unlock the star character :)

I guess ideally we'll all end up playing with our Miis, since the sweet spot for the longer-shot star characters gets stupid and might not be worth it for some
Yeah, those 270+ drive stats we've seen Miis have in trailers are going to be a lot different than star characters. :p

Top Bottom