• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Robin64

Oh wow, got a "Present from daydream".

It was a World Flag Combo 5.

So guys, play as your Mii with your World Flag set on to spread them around. :)

daydream

Banned
Oh wow, got a "Present from daydream".

It was a World Flag Combo 5.

So guys, play as your Mii with your World Flag set on to spread them around. :)

Yeah, got quite a few of those already (just now one by Xia). Another good reason to play with your Mii!

Underwater course was really awesome (and really tricky at spots).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Underwater course was really awesome (and really tricky at spots).

I like it because creative shotmaking is rewarded. Had to get around those pipes and fight the wind in the last course, did a low fade with super topspin on the second shot.

Being able to ride the wind to land softly with backspin also helped me land in nice flat spots on the greens for pretty easy putts, even if they were 25+ feet out.

Robin64

Mine was to smack the ball because fuck that yellow pipe.
I didn't even realise what was happening, so it blew me to OB several times!
HATES IT.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mine was to smack the ball because fuck that yellow pipe.
I didn't even realise what was happening, so it blew me to OB several times!
HATES IT.

I got hit by it twice early on. My first time playing the course, wasn't sure if they were decoration or actual hazards. Should've known better, lol.

Was happy I was able to come back from 2 shots back towards the end. Should've won by at least 2 strokes, stupid short putts...the greens seem slower than when it's rainy on the outdoor courses, I thought I had made enough of an adjustment lol.

Kouriozan

Was happy I was able to come back from 2 shots back towards the end. Should've won by at least 2 strokes, stupid short putts...the greens seem slower than when it's rainy on the outdoor courses, I thought I had made enough of an adjustment lol.
It did feels slower, and I'm not good at medium/long putt.

daydream

Banned
This may be, dare I say it, my favourite Mario sports title to date. It's certainly on par with the original Golf, but features like customisation, multiplayer options, Castle Club might help surpass it. Never played Sluggers, though, which some people really like.

Well, my strategy was to bounce, bounce and pray x)
There is one shot where the ball refused to stop :lol

Happened to me, too. I wonder if it was on the same spot (think it was on a Green).

Kouriozan

Working on unlocking some star characters for now, and I'm so close of getting Bowser's Course.
But how do you unlock Toad/Kamek and the others 2?

Working on unlocking some star characters for now, and I'm so close of getting Bowser's Course.
But how do you unlock Toad/Kamek and the others 2?

Toad - 40 challenge stars (when unlocked, comes with Star unlocked too)
Kamek - 45 (same as Toad)

Then Para at 50, Birdo at 55.

What I'm wondering is how to unlock Star Diddy Kong? He is the only player that I don't have a challenge match with.

So, some of you might be wondering how to get the costume that requires 3 Albatrosses quickly and efficiently. Simple:

1) Unlock DK Jungle
2) Go into Stroke Play and choose Star Mario
3) Check on Hole 1 to see if the pin location is on the right side of the green. That's the one you want. If not, Start Over.
4) Once you have the right location, hit it into the barrel. I always use a Power Shot and hit the ball from the bottom, with super topspin. You need to hit the ball perfectly straight though.
5) You have a perfectly straight putt from there so just figure out the right power.

The costume's pretty nostalgic and awesome. :3

Damn you Bowser! He birdied on the 18th hole twice in a row to just beat me on the Forest Course Championship.

Loving this game so far. Should I pick up the season pass?

Kouriozan

Star Boo, Star Bowser Jr. And Bowser Castle course get!
Now I'm trying to get Star Diddy but his challenge is on the Sky Island course :(

Yazoo91

Neo Member
Love this game more than I thought I would, especially since I'm not really a golf fan. Painfully terrible on Cheep Cheep Lagoon!

Gurrry

OK guys

I said eff it and bought it.

Im gonna learn how to play a bit then I want to try my hand in a tournament. Do I need to do anything special like add friend codes? Or is it pretty easy to connect to games?

Jasconius

Where are peoples times for the speed GAF tournament ?
I think when I checked the top times were 3:11 or so... and I thought I was really rushing for 3:40 too >_<

Oh and you can check... it's in the tournament menu, click on scores I think on the bottom left.

edit: doesn't look like anyone's playing in neogaf community right now but I'll keep checking the thread, post here if you want to play~

Robin64

OK guys

I said eff it and bought it.

Im gonna learn how to play a bit then I want to try my hand in a tournament. Do I need to do anything special like add friend codes? Or is it pretty easy to connect to games?

You only really need the Community code and you're good to go. When you want to play multi with others, just sit in the lobby there.

LoveCake

I think when I checked the top times were 3:11 or so... and I thought I was really rushing for 3:40 too >_<

Oh and you can check... it's in the tournament menu, click on scores I think on the bottom left.

oh i thought my 6:11 was fast lol

gqtIjgGl.png

there are quite a number of other playing now, you can see their little Mii faces as icons on the course lol

Kouriozan

Ok, just went and challenged Bowser, I want his star character :)
First move, he blow up a bon-omb and mess up pretty badly :lol
Music is the Bowser lair one in N64, really nice remix.

Edit : he blowed another bob-omb and went OB, it's going to be easy :)

Just to get people into tournaments that may not read back a few pages or check the spreadsheet...

There are currently two tournaments running.

NeoGAF EarlyBird
18-holes on Forest Course, Stroke Play, 1 day left.
19-1168-9943-8813

NeoGAF Rush
6-holes on Peach Gardens, Speed Golf, 3 days left.
69-2735-2753-2957

Yes, on the Early Bird, I'm 31st. :D

Now trying the Rush one.

Salsa

watching the GB quick look and Vinny asking Jeff is there's online play..

"I dont think sooo no... and anyway would you really wanna play online golf?"

ewis1.gif

Lebon14

Tried the demo. Totally left me with a good impression.
I still feel that Mario Golf should be more console based though.

VT_Brian

Neo Member
Ugggh

Blew like 3 putts on the early bird and probably a shot at top 15 or 20. Finished at 16 under.

Twice I decided I hit it too far, then hit B to compensate...oh wait I just finished my shot with A...Super topspin and there goes a birdie chance. At least I made a 48 foot putt to make up for one of the bad spins.

daydream

Banned
Love how they use the items in the challenges.

I also unlocked Luigi's costume earlier. You have to
get 50 scorecards on Forest course
, iirc.

Thorakai

Just got this game this morning on a whim, my first Mario Golf game ever. Pretty fun so far! I've taken a shot at the Early Bird Tournament but I suck. Going to try and improve my score. Got my first hole-in-one though!

Kouriozan

Just got this game this morning on a whim, my first Mario Golf game ever. Pretty fun so far! I've taken a shot at the Early Bird Tournament but I suck. Going to try and improve my score. Got my first hole-in-one though!
Gratz about your HiO!
I'm not that good either bu still join tournaments for fun, communities matches are more fun anyway :)

Top Bottom