• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Kouriozan

Do we yet know what getting all the moon coins gets?

Given normal challenges in this are rock hard, I doubt I ever will!

I hope nothing, maybe just the pro difficulty for quick play versus CPU.

EDIT : I saw that you need 100 moon coins for a costume... >.<

krae_man

Rain on putts really messes me up. Seems like you need 50% more power but that is sometimes still not enough. This is really bugging me. I hate it when my puts come up short and I got the line right. Power should be the easy part.

Okamid3n

I'm such a choker.

Neogaf BeachTrip:

zlCfzR5HmYw0C8wASR

Amazing front, only half as good on the back 9. I'm still happy, of course.

I should go back to unlocking the game's content. Which character has the longest drive?

Schryver

Nice job on the FAQ. Best part of having a new handheld is playing games while watching tv. Basketball tonight. Go Clippers!

Nice Alby!

I've still only ever gotten one (as a HIO). I wonder if a Double Alby is even possible...

There was a course on Toadstool Tour which made a double albatross possible. It was a mountain like course in the mushroom kingdom where you're supposed to swirl your shots up the mountain, but if you used a high iron and put power on it with a power character and timed perfectly off the tee, you could hit the ball straight up on the green and potentially straight in the hole in one shot on this par 5.

Morgoth

Banned
I got this game on Saturday. I have never played a golf game outside of wii sports. I being one who loves to golf and haven't golfed in YEARS, thought this would be a fun game. I am ADDICTED! I never knew a golf game could have so much depth. I'm having a ton of fun online.

daydream

Banned
Phew, glad the Bowser's Castle costume challenge wasn't too challenging, managed to do it with 22s left on the clock. Had like 1:30 minutes left for the last hole which turned out to be pretty devious.

Boo costume looks kinda silly, though. :p

Kinsei

Banned
Since someone else posted a picture of their (presumably) first albatross, here's mine. I also got a second one on DK Jungle hole 1 during the club slots challenge with star DK.

zlCfzR5HpLY94HYXxz

I now have the moon coin challenges, but I'm going to get all 120 star coins before trying them.

zlCfzR5IRHIXfijFmD

Eeyup. It's a shame most of it is in Mario Golf mode where, judging by some people in this topic, a lot of people won't even know it's there.
Yeah, when I beat the triple crown tournaments yesterday and saw the end credits I was like "WAT!" but then I read the FAQS linked in the OT and realized that there's still tons to do.

I'm not in love with the gear being awarded for beating courses and courses getting unlocked by collecting stars, it feels like it should be the other way around but I can deal.

cube444

So what's the consensus guys and gals? I absolutely loved Mario Golf:TT on my GCN. Easily one of the best games for that console. How does this one measure up? Reviews seem lukewarm at best.

maxcriden

You guys are getting me psyched for this game and I don't care for golf in general at all. I really need to try the demo again!

th4tguy

I feel like I'm missing something. I've just been playing the Mii clubhouse area. I've beaten the three tournaments, failed two of the peach challenges, and working on finishing the putting challenge. I've done the world tournament and the national ones too. Am I missing something? How do you unlock characters? Is this really all the content?

M.W.

I feel like I'm missing something. I've just been playing the Mii clubhouse area. I've beaten the three tournaments, failed two of the peach challenges, and working on finishing the putting challenge. I've done the world tournament and the national ones too. Am I missing something? How do you unlock characters? Is this really all the content?
Mario Golf mode.

So what's the consensus guys and gals? I absolutely loved Mario Golf:TT on my GCN. Easily one of the best games for that console. How does this one measure up? Reviews seem lukewarm at best.
The game's great, aside from how figuring out where all the content is and how the online works can be confusing, as demonstrated here:
(Challenges in Mario Golf mode, dudeninja'd)

That and most agree that the camera can be annoying but workable. Hate having to use the gyro to look up in certain star coin challenges, however.

That said, the general consensus seems to be that the game's great once you figure out the menus and shit.

daydream

Banned
Honestly, the menus seem totally fine to me. Kinda surprised at how many people are having trouble figuring out where 80% of the content is for a game they just spent 30-40 bucks on. First thing I do with a new game is check out all the menu options.

I think it's one of the best Mario sports titles to date. Aside from the lack of a quick restart (on very few challenges) and lack of text chat in the lobby, I wouldn't even know what to criticise. The camera on the course seems totally fine to me, but I get why some people would like more control.

As you can see, I'm really nitpicking here. Game is amazing on all fronts, imo. Camelot redeemed themselves for sure. (Not gonna go into my thoughts on so-called "reviewers".)

cube444

Thanks for the posts guys.

So you can't save any replays at all? That was a great feature on MG:TT when you'd get a hole in one and show off to your buddies.

So it seems that to unlock the best clubs you need to pretty much buy out the boutique. Not 100% confirmed yet, but it seems to be the case. Will solve this soon... Well, I would, but this popped up in my email:
Hello! Can you please take the test tomorrow instead. I need to make it a better test.
EDIT: Gold Mario helps immensely with this BTW. Curse you Camelot. ><;

The replay feature is broken ontop of that. If you hit a hole in one or a chip in. It goes straight to the celebration. You can't even really get a replay.

Grizzo

This fucking game :(

I was doing awesome on Mountain Course up until hole n*5 when I started messing up, but I was still ahead of everybody. And now we're on hole 15 and all of a sudden Mario scores like nobody's business and I think I'm gonna place 2nd or 3rd and lose once again (this reminds me of the rubber banding in Mario Kart 64).

I hate when everything goes fine and then it all turns sour right in the middle of a course. Makes me feel like I wasted my time and it frustrates me to no point. Plus I still don't know how to deal with that shitty wind most of the time.

Seems like buying out the rest of the boutique wasn't the trick

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ALL THAT TIME WASTED AAAAAAAAAAH

...At least I got that over with. But why the fuck won't those clubs unlock in the boutique?

Kinsei

Banned
I currently have 110 star coins. I just need to do the Koopa Park challenges and I'll have every single one available until the next DLC pack comes out.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
So is it known how you unlock new clubs yet? I've got half a dozen new clubs unlocked, but I have no idea what I did to get them.

So is it known how you unlock new clubs yet? I've got half a dozen new clubs unlocked, but I have no idea what I did to get them.
Most clubs are unlocked by just playing a lot. Then like 6 more are unlocked through playing after you bought a lot of stuff in the boutique it seems.

It's the final group that I can't figure out. ><;

Top Bottom