• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Kouriozan

I like Sky Island, really nice for practice!
Edit : and yep, missed HiO by like 10 cm, the ball rolled around the hole!

Edit : Disconnected, noooo!

Anustart

Ugh, I'm getting sick of Mountain Course. Always the same thing, putts go awry in the last 3 holes. Seems odd when I'm reading everything decent before hand :/

MizzouRah

Maybe I'm missing it....where do you get star coins, I have yet to see one. I want to unlock the pipes in the royal garden

Oh man... your game is about to double in size. It is under Mario Golf, Single Player, Challenges.

They're a blast. I was feeling a little jipped after beating the three tourneys, then I found these.

CPU Donkey Kong put on a hilariously poor performance in his star challenge match, I'd think he'd know his way around his jungle a bit better, trapped behind fauna and out of bounds on numerous occasions.

That first hole is generous enough with that barrel cannon to perhaps at last help my achieve my lifelong Mario Golf goal, the Albatross, I can almost taste it at long last!

Anustart

Nevermind, smashed the mountain course on my very next try. :)

Also, got a -20 in the NeoGAF Beach Tourney! Very easily could have made a -23/-24 as I parred on 1 (maybe 2) holes and missed an easy eagle :/

Robin64

4 hours remain on the NeoGAF Rush tournament. (69-2735-2753-2957)

And I already have something else planned to replace it. Please look forward to it!

Jasconius

And I already have something else planned to replace it. Please look forward to it!

Oh right this....

Maybe I should give this one more quick shot. I thought sub-3:00 would be good but not good enough apparently!

Edit: OK finished with lunch, post if you want to play vs~

Totally forgot about that. I'd have to like run straight home to participate but am not in a position to do so.

Oh well, I'll do the next one. ~

Insaniac

It doesn't take into account top/bottom spin or weather conditions.

So, if I understand correctly, the center of the grid is if I hit a perfect shot, and assumes there is no other outside factors like wind, spin or terrain?

Then the circle that signifies where the ball lands takes into account wind? Meaning I don't actually have to compensate for that when I aim my shot?

bart64

Banned
So, if I understand correctly, the center of the grid is if I hit a perfect shot, and assumes there is no other outside factors like wind, spin or terrain?

Then the circle that signifies where the ball lands takes into account wind? Meaning I don't actually have to compensate for that when I aim my shot?

No, the change in trajectory is only affected by the slope of where you are standing.

So wind, spin, terrain, and elevation even, all have to be evaluated. The tutorials do a good job of talking you through everything.

Nothing in the pre-shot trajectory takes wind into account.

daydream

Banned
Damn, my first error with the online then. Wonder what happened..

Edit: Food break for me. Will come back, though, if anyone wants to play later.

Insaniac

Nothing in the pre-shot trajectory takes wind into account.

Okay, that is what i figured. Sorry about the noobish questions but I only have the demo right now and the tutorial didn't explain much of anything except how to aim and swing.

So what is that grid then with the yellow arrow pointing down? It moves when I aim, but besides helping me determines the geography of the terrain, it doesn't seem to have any consistency as to its position relative to my balls trajectory?

Robin64

Okay, that is what i figured. Sorry about the noobish questions but I only have the demo right now and the tutorial didn't explain much of anything except how to aim and swing.

So what is that grid then with the yellow arrow pointing down? It moves when I aim, but besides helping me determines the geography of the terrain, it doesn't seem to have any consistency as to its position relative to my balls trajectory?

Use it to gauge how far your ball will roll. If the yellow triangle is close to the ball's impact area, it's not going to roll much. And similarly, if it's quite far, expect much rolling.

Anustart

Gg's guys! Boxy Brown felt the funk from each and every one of you.

On one of those holes I had a fantastic 80 yd drive off the tee lol :3

CPU Donkey Kong put on a hilariously poor performance in his star challenge match, I'd think he'd know his way around his jungle a bit better, trapped behind fauna and out of bounds on numerous occasions.

That first hole is generous enough with that barrel cannon to perhaps at last help my achieve my lifelong Mario Golf goal, the Albatross, I can almost taste it at long last!
I got an Albatross yesterday and I don't care how lucky it was, it felt amazing. It was hole 17 on the Seaside Course, I had a really long second shot so I took out something like a 3W and just let it rip with super backspin. It took a huge hop and the spin slowed it down just enough for it to fall into the hole. I immediately yelled for joy and tried to explain to my wife what had happened. For some reason I'm not so sure she fully appreciated the feat. :p

Top Bottom