• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

I just did my first World Tournament and it said I unlocked all of the GameBoy items, but I do not see them. Do I have to wait until the Tournament itself is over or am I looking in the wrong place for them?
TIA
DL
The tournament stuff automatically gets added to your locker. If you pause the game and go to "change outfit" you should see it there.

Anustart

Just hopped into the costume challenge on yoshis course. Oh, club slots, that shits easy.

Get in game, oh my, seems a bit different than the ones I've done in the other mode lol. There I am teeing off with an iron on a par 4.

maxcriden

You guys are getting me really interested in this game. I just offered someone $22 on eBay for a cart only shipped. I really shouldn't have, I've spent a lot on games lately. We'll see what happens, I don't even like Golf normally but all of your enthusiasm has been infectious!

Grizzo

You guys are getting me really interested in this game. I just offered someone $22 on eBay for a cart only shipped. I really shouldn't have, I've spent a lot on games lately. We'll see what happens, I don't even like Golf normally but all of your enthusiasm has been infectious!

Ah I'm happy to hear that Max! :D

Well I'm not that happy about your wallet, but I'm sure you won't regret this! It really is a neat game, with lots of content and an awesome online mode (which is pretty rare for a Nintendo game, imo). Can't wait to play with you!

Velcro Fly

-15 with a few awful dreadful holes on the Seaside course with Daisy. I don't know how I birdied so many holes with how awful many of my drives were. I clutched about 4 approaches from bunkers because I mishit so many drives. Could easily be -20.

Anustart

I've always liked golf games, but I've never owned one outside of Wii sports.

Played a couple tiger woods games, loved monkey ball golf, and now I'm really glad I grabbed this. So much fun online, even though were technically competing I can't help but hope you guys make your putts when I get to see people shooting.

-15 with a few awful dreadful holes on the Seaside course with Daisy. I don't know how I birdied so many holes with how awful many of my drives were. I clutched about 4 approaches from bunkers because I mishit so many drives. Could easily be -20.
Try a more accurate character until you get more accurate with your button presses. Paratroopa can still reach the green in 2 on Par 5's with good Power Shot usage and is overall more consistent than Daisy. That's what I used for my "quick" run.

It's when you want to get past -22 that you should be using the power characters. If you're not even getting close to that then they aren't worth it, really.

Kinsei

Banned
I've always liked golf games, but I've never owned one outside of Wii sports.

Played a couple tiger woods games, loved monkey ball golf, and now I'm really glad I grabbed this. So much fun online, even though were technically competing I can't help but hope you guys make your putts when I get to see people shooting.

One thing I've always loved about golf is that it is a more social sport where everyone is buddy-buddy. It seems to be the epitome of "It doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you have fun.".

Velcro Fly

Try a more accurate character until you get more accurate with your button presses. Paratroopa can still reach the green in 2 on Par 5's with good Power Shot usage and is overall more consistent than Daisy. That's what I used for my "quick" run.

It's when you want to get past -22 that you should be using the power characters. If you're not even getting close to that then they aren't worth it, really.

I'm normally really good with her. Just haven't played in a couple days.

Don't have Paratroopa unlocked yet even :(

XaosWolf

Man I really need to jump online at some point! D=

I'd jump online on my Nightshift lunch breaks, but the Wifi code is ever changing.

Hopefully people are playing tomorrow during the day so I can try it out.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ok the tournament thing is making it hard not to buy this gaf :(

Velcro Fly

Grinding star coins for secret characters now. Up to 31 total. Some of the get the star coin ones are fun. Ring isn't too bad. Speed golf is nerve wracking :(

Star Yoshi is a godsend on some of these.

...Something I *just* realized is that in this MG game, due to the introduction of hybrids to the golfing world since TT, different characters carry different clubs. And, for certain characters they carry different clubs depending on if they're starred or not. For example:

Regular Daisy: 1W, 3W, 5W, 3H, 4H, 5H, 6I, 7I, 8I, 9I, PW, AW, SW, Putter
Star Daisy: 1W, 3W, 5W, 3H, 4I, 5I, 6I, 7I, 8I, 9I, PW, AW, SW, Putter
Regular Yoshi: 1W, 3W, 5W, 7W, 4H, 5H, 6I, 7I, 8I, 9I, PW, AW, SW, Putter
Star Yoshi: 1W, 3W, 5W, 7W, 4H, 5H, 6I, 7I, 8I, 9I, PW, AW, SW, Putter

Similarly, your Mii's club selection changes depending on what club set you are using. Or something like that.

At first it just seems like flavor and not really relevant. However, the different clubs possible for a position actually have different sweet spot and control stats. This is most evident when comparing characters with the 7W to characters who use a 3H instead. Off the tee, the 7W has a bigger sweetspot than both the 5W, which is expected, and the 4H... which is not expected.

I was wondering why sometimes I had a 3H and sometimes I didn't. Glad to have that figured out. It's a minor detail but a pretty neat one.

rekameohs

Banned
Downloaded the Season Pass. I've never played MG64, so this will be a ton of new content for me. I love the plethora of courses here in this game!

Also, Gold Mario is terrible. Sure, the coins are nice, but how the fuck are you supposed to combat his shots bouncing all over the place? Probably never going to use that character.

Timeaisis

Woo just posted -18 on neoGAF beach trip! Two lucky eagles and a couple silly screw ups (missed a really easy eagle putt, fudged a chip in with backspin).

Velcro Fly

It's so gratifying to line up a shot, execute, and then sink a ridiculous putt in order to clear a ring challenge.

Second one on Yoshi's Lake was fun

Landed in front of the cactus lol. =(

EDIT: I think that's literally the first time I've gotten a bogey in this game. Why am I playing so horribly? =(

Velcro Fly

I am the biggest fucking choke artist of all time when I'm playing challenges. It's disgusting how clutch I am when playing a round but put me on challenges and I'm the love child of Greg Norman and Jean van de Velde

Okamid3n

I am the biggest fucking choke artist of all time when I'm playing challenges. It's disgusting how clutch I am when playing a round but put me on challenges and I'm the love child of Greg Norman and Jean van de Velde

Challenges are evil, especially the costume challenges.

I just upgraded my neogaf beachtrip tournament score to -25, but...Put me in front of a coin challenge in the mii castle and I curl up, preparing myself for the inevitable failure. Playing a normal round of golf is a completely different beast than clearing a challenge.

Top Bottom