• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Anyone else having issues getting the season pass? It keeps hanging up for me around 28%. Tried disabling my firewall and adding the 3DS to the DMZ... same crap. Called Nintendo and they said there was nothing else they could do. Ugh.
Have you checked your SD card space? Alternatively, try copying your data to another SD card.

Sloane

Banned
I'm pretty disappointed but it's my own fault.

I didn't really care about the game in the beginning because when it comes to a game / genre like this, I'm only interested in the offline multiplayer aspect, and I didn't expect Mario Golf to have any being on 3DS and all. (Don't know why they've never released a Mario Golf on Wii or Wii U which would have been a great fit, but whatever.)

Then I read somewhere that it featured "local multiplayer", forgetting that's just what the Wi-Fi multiplayer is called, and bought it. Remembered what it actually was, whatever, that's fine, it's still local, just get another 3DS... and then it doesn't even offer download play? Meh.

Other than that (and that you can't save while on a course for some stupid reason) the game seems pretty well done after playing it for an hour or two, it's just not my thing.

I'm pretty disappointed but it's my own fault.

I didn't really care about the game in the beginning because when it comes to a game / genre like this, I'm only interested in the offline multiplayer aspect, and I didn't expect Mario Golf to have any being on 3DS and all. (Don't know why they've never released a Mario Golf on Wii or Wii U which would have been a great fit, but whatever.)

Then I read somewhere that it featured "local multiplayer", forgetting that's just what the Wi-Fi multiplayer is called, and bought it. Remembered what it actually was, whatever, that's fine, it's still local, just get another 3DS... and then it doesn't even offer download play? Meh.

Other than that (and that you can't save while on a course for some stupid reason) the game seems pretty well done after playing it for an hour or two, it's just not my thing.

Well, saving in the middle of a course is kind of pointless since you can just close your 3DS.

Triple Bogey. HEKDJGKFKWNFKVICJSNSNCKGITPSJC
I accidentally sliced because of a twitch in my hand off of the tee. The ball landed maybe five feet in front of the tee box. I was tapping the emotes to show my dissatisfaction and ended up slicing another shot.. found my way into 2 bunkers in a row.. Not my best hole..
I DID IT AGAIN FUUUUUU

Jasconius

Triple Bogey. HEKDJGKFKWNFKVICJSNSNCKGITPSJC
I accidentally sliced because of a twitch in my hand off of the tee. The ball landed maybe five feet in front of the tee box. I was tapping the emotes to show my dissatisfaction and ended up slicing another shot.. found my way into 2 bunkers in a row.. Not my best hole..

Ugh that is the worst thing to happen... :/

I always forget how brutal the greens on this course can be...

That game was SO hard haha. That course was a lot easier in Mario Golf 64 or where ever it was from.

Starting in a few for anyone who wants to play.

Edit: starting!

Robin64

Just a reminder before I head to work. (Booo, work, cutting in to Golf time!)

HaWJjIY.png
iEw53gB.png

A couple of tournaments created by me:

PTSD: 53-4250-9822-9017 (18-hole Sky Island with strong winds, ends in 4 days)
Do u even golf!?: 42-8294-1392-9692 (random 18-hole Forest course with strong winds and no shot line, ends in 6 days)

Oh, and another notable one that I found funny:

Expand Dong Open: 41-4292-5459-2575 (basically the beach tournament, ends in 6 days; you're not forced to play as DK, but you should lol)

Jasconius

A couple of tournaments created by me:

PTSD: 53-4250-9822-9017 (18-hole Sky Island with strong winds, ends in 4 days)
Do u even golf!?: 42-8294-1392-9692 (random 18-hole Forest course with strong winds and no shot line, ends in 6 days)

Oh, and another notable one that I found funny:

Expand Dong Open: 41-4292-5459-2575 (basically the beach tournament, ends in 6 days; you're not forced to play as DK, but you should lol)
Awesome, gonna try these~

Don't forget to add yours to the spreadsheet in the OP!

Edit: Haha, you can only use your Mii for the PTSD one? How fitting~

Thank god these new tourneys aren't on Toad Highlands. Would have had to kill you if they were. :)
2800 free blocks. Farthest it's gotten was 51%, but usually doesn't make it into the 30's. : ( So frustrating.
Pretty sure it's either internet issues or your current SD card is an asshole. :/

Jasconius

Those were both fun, but in both I felt like I did really well except for ONE stupid mishit of a button that resulted in a bogey both times. ~.~

I really enjoy the no shot lines tournaments - sometimes I feel like I overthink the arrows when trying to adjust for wind and everything anyway... >_<

I'm finding the Extra practice games much easier with the touch screen controls. There's no way I can be that accurate with the circle pad.

zlCfzR5cBCc88z9X_6

BAH GAWD, THE 14 YEAR MARIO GOLFING GOAL HAS BEEN REACHED!

I'd like to say it was an epic encounter, it was much grief in the DK Jungle against my greatest foe, the inconsistent green of hole 1.

Robin64

I'd prefer a thread of these than the google doc?

I make one every time I create a new tournament in an effort to promote it a bit and hopefully get a whole bunch of people joining in. (I don't think any will ever hit the dizzying heights of around 170 for the first one, though) It's just a personal thing.

But the spreadsheet is still the best way to see what is actually going on right now.

maxcriden

Ah I'm happy to hear that Max! :D

Well I'm not that happy about your wallet, but I'm sure you won't regret this! It really is a neat game, with lots of content and an awesome online mode (which is pretty rare for a Nintendo game, imo). Can't wait to play with you!

Thanks, I'll be eager to play with you, too! :)

That eBay deal fell through but I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good price so I can jump in and hit the links soon!

rugioh

Banned
Good game Rugi! Didn't expect it to end in a tie, you're lucky I overpowered 2 putts right over the hole :/

I was wondering who I was playing against, I was thinking about waiting for 2 more to join up but I didn't want to keep you waiting, good games. I went in expecting to get my ass kicked, my putting and approach game still needs alot of work. It was still very enjoyable kicking back and playing while watching some NBA playoffs!

Tarps

Managed to get -12 on the BeachTrip tourney with Star Daisy. I managed to miss a couple of easy putts too, but I'm happy with that score for now.

Most of my time has been spent in the online tourneys, for all the free swag. I really need to start unlocking stuff now - I have only 10 Star Coins, and I haven't even beat the Seaside Course in the club yet. Feel like I have loads to do.

This game has been a great investment, really glad I picked it up.

Anustart

Down to a -17 in the world tournament, got my first hole in one there also!

And.. Some of the fun stats so far:

Best score: -20
Avg. Score: -13.4
Avg. Putts: 1.2
Birdie Break Rate: 10.2%

Vlade

I love this game.
I've hit a few -18s, feels good.
Still have only hit -7 for the peach garden tourney.

It seems like kind of a big deal that my mii talks to Nintendo characters.

zlCfzR5cBCc88z9X_6

I'd like to say it was an epic encounter, it was much grief in the DK Jungle against my greatest foe, the inconsistent green of hole 1.
Congrats!

^Cheers!

That feeling when club slots hands you an eight iron for your furthest hitting club on a Par 5, no koopa costume for me.
Could've been worse I guess.

DirtyLarry

The tournament stuff automatically gets added to your locker. If you pause the game and go to "change outfit" you should see it there.
Thanks. I was going to the Toad store in the clubhouse and not seeing it, this explains why!
DAMN. Forgot my 3DS at home as I needed to charge it, cannot get my golf in at lunch or on conference calls. This is why I just ordered a spare charger from Amazon yesterday to have at work!

Timeaisis

zlCfzR5cBCc88z9X_6

Well done! I'm still trying myself. Was really with close chip in yesterday, just needed to roll a little further...;_;

One day...

XaosWolf

Well played! =P
Cornezays got an Eagle on the first hole too!

That was such a fun match! Putting for joint first at the end got pretty intense for me.

That was some fine putting work there. Though I was heading for the cliff on that last one. =O

lt519

Is there anyway to do tournaments where only one round is allowed? I'd like to see this instead of getting to play a tournament over and over again until you score really well. It'd put more pressure on the one round that you get.

Top Bottom