• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Yeah sometimes the wind just doesn't function at all.

Hey it's blowing straight at me 13 mph. And then I hit and it's like it doesn't even exist and I roll onto the fringe. Then other times it's right to left at 4 mph. Then my ball goes flailing into the bunker without even touching the green.
Switch to m/s. Then it's like this:

Adjust 2y for every m/s when using an iron
Adjust 1y for every m/s when using a wood
Adjust 1.5y for every m/s when using a hybrid

That's an approximation but close enough really.

Jasconius

Woo, got 60 points on the Americas Points tournament - 15 birdies and 3 eagles. Not too bad although I was hoping for 62 with eagles on all the par 5s. I tried once with my Mii decked out in all of the longest yardage gear but even though I did pretty well there were just too many pars due to bad shots to make up for the couple of eagles I was able to get with the extra yardage. Much more success with a more modest 248y drive but a ton of sweet spot/control.

daydream

Banned
Woo, got 60 points on the Americas Points tournament - 15 birdies and 3 eagles. Not too bad although I was hoping for 62 with eagles on all the par 5s. I tried once with my Mii decked out in all of the longest yardage gear but even though I did pretty well there were just too many pars due to bad shots to make up for the couple of eagles I was able to get with the extra yardage. Much more success with a more modest 248y drive but a ton of sweet spot/control.

Congrats! :)

Btw would you mind posting what equpment you're using? I'm at 217m currently and kinda stingy about giving up more sweet spot/control.

Jasconius

Man my putting has been atrocious this round... >_<

Edit: Here's my gear for my Mii currently:

Hammer Bro Clubs
Birdo Ball
Short Sweet-Spot Shirt
Short Precision Pants
Lakitu Combo
Hammer Bro Visor
Lakitu Glove
Spike Shoes

Thanks for games y'all. Finally played with some gaffers :) heading out after this one with Cony, be on tomorrow night a lot hopefully

*edit* ah lame it timed me out in the 20 seconds it took me to type that up :|

Kinsei

Banned
Great games everyone.

Here is the reward for getting three albatrosses.

zlCfzR5rPzkI1AsUPd

daydream

Banned
^Oh man! And I haven't even gotten one, yet!

Thanks, Jasc, I'll take a close look at those tomorrow. I also seemingly unlocked the next tier of balls which give like +8 for a minimal loss of sweet spot.

Quick question for y'all: Are the online tournaments set up to allow someone to retry as many times as they want in the allotted time? I played 'em once to get them out of the way, would be pretty silly if it allows for retries

Kinsei

Banned
I just checked the upcoming tournaments list, and one of the ones starting tomorrow in the Americas only lasts for 11 hours.

I just checked the upcoming tournaments list, and one of the ones starting tomorrow in the Americas only lasts for 11 hours.
Are you sure you aren't confusing that with the tournaments ending tomorrow, which end in 11 hours?

Damn it now I feel obligated to check

"Americas One-On, One-Putt 1"

If anybody is wondering what that weird dog whine they're hearing is from, it's me upon seeing that.

We have until June 5th to prepare. GLHF

Velcro Fly

Yeah I think I want my Mii to be like Star Yoshi. Give me 245-250 yards drive and as much control/sweet spot as I can get. It's fun to use the heavy hitters sometimes but I find Star Yoshi to be much more fun to use.

Velcro Fly

I got my Mii up to 241 yard drive with Sweet Spot about half a notch below being at 50% and control about a full notch away from 50%. I still have some clubs and balls to unlock and who knows how the stuff we get from future tournaments will be. I could change balls and lose 4 yards on my drive for more sweet spot and control though.

Green Shell gear looks awesome as hell though.

Kinsei

Banned
What the hell do I do with these coins I get at the end of a round? When do other courses unlock?

You use coins to buy gear for your Mii from the shop in the Castle Club. You unlock courses through challenges. Check out the FAQ in the OP.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The one thing that surprises me is there's no place for the DLC courses to show up in Castle Club if you buy them, as the Mario World courses show up in the gardens as you unlock them. Would have been nice thematically.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Who the fuck is this Benoit guy and how'd he score a 72 in the Americas Point Play tourney?

I call hax

Who the fuck is this Benoit guy and how'd he score a 72 in the Americas Point Play tourney?

I call hax
Let's see....

Birdie = 3 points
Eagle = 5 points
HIOs, Albatrosses = 8 points

Standard 4 Eagle 14 Birdies would put him at 62 points. That leaves 10 points to be gained.

If he used a 269+Y set-up then there are actually plenty of holes to get some extra Eagles on. It would pretty much have to be a perfect run, though it's believable.

Could easily luck into a hole in one or an albatross too though.
One HIO boosts the score up to 67 and two boosts it up to 72 so that's another possibility but that still requires insane consistency.

Albatrosses only give you 3 extra points though since it's replacing an Eagle and not a Birdie.

Top Bottom