• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Alright guys I'm done for now. I can't deal with Mirror DK Mountain

are you on my list? i wasn't sure if you were.

I don't think so. I posted my friend code in the 3DS friend code thread but not here.

I'm 0130-2087-2081, so if any of y'all wanna add me just shoot me a PM. I'm going to be playing this for years, because I have no life, etc.

TeegsD

Just got a 3DS and this game today. Havent gotten a chance to play it yet cause I decided to let it fully charge first but then I thought it was a great idea and checked for a system update so this is taking forever. Can I close the lid while its on the dock or will the update stop?

I got my 3DS back but I lost all my friends, if somebody wants to add me here is my FC
1891-1561-8915

Also, I cannot find anybody to race against in the community. What's going on? :(

I've been playing with some gaffers on Worldwide but if you're in a community you'll have to post here that the lobby is open or else everyone gets fragmented.

Alright guys I'm done for now. I can't deal with Mirror DK Mountain

I don't think so. I posted my friend code in the 3DS friend code thread but not here.

I'm 0130-2087-2081, so if any of y'all wanna add me just shoot me a PM. I'm going to be playing this for years, because I have no life, etc.

I will add you :)

1891-1561-8915

Panjeet here, those were some great matches we just had. I actually didn't do as bad as I thought I would against ya'll and all the matches were pretty close. Fun times.

y2dvd

Finally sat down with the game yesterday and man the tracks are awesome! Shortcuts abound everywhere and different pathways makes you think if you should travel the slightly longer distance for those coins or just cut the path as close as possible. I need to play the game a few more times before joining gaf games!

You got second! ;-)

10bu10.gif

OK, here are some more impressions on the 3DS wheel.

The most important part of the design for me are the bits that stick out at the bottom, the "horns" as I will call them. These "horns" actually give the last three fingers (other than your index finger and thumb) on each hand something to hold on to, and prevent the corners of the device sticking into your palms. It totally removes the palm pain, as well as the possibility of getting pins and needles - at least in my situation.

The shoulder triggers are a nice bonus, and have almost as much movement as the standard triggers - definitely no more movement than the standard as they simply press the standard triggers. They are hinged towards the middle of the unit which means they feel more responsive towards where your fingers are. They have a different feel and size, which can take a small amount of getting used to.

The circumference of the unit is good. All in all the wheel a couple of cm less wide compared to the Wii wheel. The thickness of the grip itself is slightly fatter than the Wii wheel. The curve of the grip is rounded on the back side of the wheel, and flat on the front.

You put the 3DS into the wheel shoulder buttons first, and there is some soft rubber to make the unit fit perfectly just above the "horns". All in all, it's excellent. Everything you would expect from an officially licences peripheral, and up to Hori's high standards.

One last thought: I think this makes the game feels more like a home console game rather than a handheld, which is a nice side effect.

Here's a comparison photo 3DS wheel vs. Wii wheel:

6541081173_c257f5aea3_z.jpg

Lijik

So I bought this game today and have been playing it off and on in 50CC mode.

Randomly turned on the First person gyro mode on Waluigi's pinball and that shit was exhilarating in 3D. Tried it on a few other tracks and it wasn't as thrilling unfortunately.

Boney

Banned
So I bought this game today and have been playing it off and on in 50CC mode.

Randomly turned on the First person gyro mode on Waluigi's pinball and that shit was exhilarating in 3D. Tried it on a few other tracks and it wasn't as thrilling unfortunately.

pro tip, you don't unlock anything in 50 and 100cc so there's no reason to play those cups.

Dr Prob

Banned
Dateline: Earlier today. Racing on (new) Mario Circuit in a WW. In first at that part before you go into the castle. Hit the jump, off the shroom, through a coin, in the middle of the track and the game tells me I'm out of bounds, laying the groundwork for a screwjob you wouldn't believe. And one I don't recall the details of, but it was bad!

Server is down for maintenance.

Coincidence? I think not.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
was trying to play last night and it was communications errors all over.

I suspect that it's related to rage quits or people leaving and the game just not handling it right. Does it use servers or is it peer to peer? Is peer to peer even possible on a DS?

anyway I watched about 7 live races and got comms errors after every one, usually got halfway through a race before everyone disappeared and then comms errors.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Honestly I think that's the one thing that pisses me off about the items the most in this game is that you can get stars on the very first set of item boxes. No one needs stars that early.

Honestly I think that's the one thing that pisses me off about the items the most in this game is that you can get stars on the very first set of item boxes. No one needs stars that early.

Nah. It's all good. It was that blue shell at the finish line for Neo Bowser City that gets me. No third lap blue shells!

<- EYE, btw.

I'm guessing you get the stars by beating every cup with a given star rating? I saw one player tonight who had a bomb with a star on top instead of the normal stars, what's that about?

I'm been really impressed, over the weekend I played a ton of online multiplayer and I haven't seen a single person use the Maka Wuhu glitch, even when someone suggests it and it gets chosen.

Top Bottom