• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
2 player game and they have kicked my ass :(

I dont feel im any good at this game.

2 player games with items is more about luck than skill since the guy in second is seen as being in last and thus can get all the awesome item that they would usually not get. This is why you a nope option is required when someone decides to start the race.

2 player games with items is more about luck than skill since the guy in second is seen as being in last and thus can get all the awesome item that they would usually not get. This is why you a nope option is required when someone decides to start the race.

Well in this case he was in second all the time, still couldn't get me.

Well in this case he was in second all the time, still couldn't get me.

Yep :(

And I dont know but I only got a good item, the blue shell that nearly made me win becuase i threw it just as he was going through a gap. The rest were all shitty 1 red shells (he always had a banana in the back, so they were useless) or normal shrooms.
The only two I was near a win were Luigis Mansion and the plant pipes one.
Im pretty sure, that even if im not very good, the kart pieces people with 3 stars have are usually better that what I have.

Maxrunner

I cant currently play online at all, i keep getting 06-0612 errors or the standard communication error message appears. maybe its my new ISP router config?

Orcastar

Finally tore myself away from Skyrim long enough to finish all the 150cc cups. Thought I might as well try an online race now that I have all the characters unlocked. Go online and check the NeoGAF community: nobody there after five minutes of waiting. Nobody in the PonyGAF community either, but that's hardly surprising.

Oh well, let's try some other community. How about this Mario Cup thing that's on my recommended list for some reason? Only have to wait a minute or so and I've got five opponents, three from Japan, one from Germany and one from Italy IIRC. First race is Rosalina's Ice World. I proceed to dominate the race before getting bumped to second place by a blue shell in the final lap. Frustrating, but fun. Online play seems like a blast.

Then things started getting suspicous. Second race is Koopa City. Hmm, that Metal Mario is getting pretty large lead. I'm playing almost a perfect game but I just can't catch him. He's in first place, I'm in second and the rest are far behind. I get hit by a red shell and lightning a couple of times but keep my second place throughout the race. Oh well, maybe this guy is just that good.

From the third race on, everything starts going to hell. Luigi's Mansion. I can see from the start that something is wrong; Metal Mario is dominating again, but now there's another player racing as Mario who seems to be warping all over the place. At some points he seems to be going backwards, meaning towards me, but then he warps to the other side of the track again, and a second later somewhere else. Metal Mario is in a league of his own, and this warping Mario is second for the whole race, with me in third. Can't get past him and shells seems to have no effect on him. Anyway, I finish on third place, but after the finish line there's a huge delay. When the continue option finally appears, I notice that I've been bumbed to fourth place. WTF, I finished third and the fourth guy was nowhere to be seen! Whatever...

Final race, Toad Circuit. Metal Mario speeds off immediately after the first turn and I don't see him for the rest of the race. Normal Mario keeps warping from one side of the track to the other. Only now there's another player, playing as Koopa, doing the same. I think I'm playing pretty good, but it doesn't matter, these three seem impossible to beat. Finish in fourth place. Third in final standings.

So yeah, not very impressed by my first MK7 online experience. The first race was fun and overall the game was nice and smooth, but these guys were clearly cheating at least in the last two races.

Gravijah

So yeah, not very impressed by my first MK7 online experience. The first race was fun and overall the game was nice and smooth, but these guys were clearly cheating at least in the last two races.

it was likely lag. i've had some very strange stuff happen because of lag.

Finally tore myself away from Skyrim long enough to finish all the 150cc cups. Thought I might as well try an online race now that I have all the characters unlocked. Go online and check the NeoGAF community: nobody there after five minutes of waiting. Nobody in the PonyGAF community either, but that's hardly surprising.

Oh well, let's try some other community. How about this Mario Cup thing that's on my recommended list for some reason? Only have to wait a minute or so and I've got five opponents, three from Japan, one from Germany and one from Italy IIRC. First race is Rosalina's Ice World. I proceed to dominate the race before getting bumped to second place by a blue shell in the final lap. Frustrating, but fun. Online play seems like a blast.

Then things started getting suspicous. Second race is Koopa City. Hmm, that Metal Mario is getting pretty large lead. I'm playing almost a perfect game but I just can't catch him. He's in first place, I'm in second and the rest are far behind. I get hit by a red shell and lightning a couple of times but keep my second place throughout the race. Oh well, maybe this guy is just that good.

From the third race on, everything starts going to hell. Luigi's Mansion. I can see from the start that something is wrong; Metal Mario is dominating again, but now there's another player racing as Mario who seems to be warping all over the place. At some points he seems to be going backwards, meaning towards me, but then he warps to the other side of the track again, and a second later somewhere else. Metal Mario is in a league of his own, and this warping Mario is second for the whole race, with me in third. Can't get past him and shells seems to have no effect on him. Anyway, I finish on third place, but after the finish line there's a huge delay. When the continue option finally appears, I notice that I've been bumbed to fourth place. WTF, I finished third and the fourth guy was nowhere to be seen! Whatever...

Final race, Toad Circuit. Metal Mario speeds off immediately after the first turn and I don't see him for the rest of the race. Normal Mario keeps warping from one side of the track to the other. Only now there's another player, playing as Koopa, doing the same. I think I'm playing pretty good, but it doesn't matter, these three seem impossible to beat. Finish in fourth place. Third in final standings.

I only had a similar problem in one of the races I played yesterday also in the Mario Cup. I played something like 5 championships before it happened though, and all of them I won. Well, I was dominating all the races (not to brag, I say it as its uncommon and yesterday it seemed that I played really good, or the rest were bad, and some of them had 3 stars already), and people were coming out, and coming in. There was a guy with Rosalina (3 stars and a strange symbol) that im pretty sure was fed up with me, and then in some of the last races came also a Metal mario (3 stars also) that was placed all the time second or third. Well in my last two races we were only the rosalina and metal mario guys and then came a toad. The toad was a reeally bad player, but in my second to last race he started to fuck with me, throwing me all he could but he couldnt get me, so I was third, until the last lap, when I get to the first place before the finish line, it felt awesome... until again toad, threw a blue shell and I got third place. BTW this toad did some pretty strange things, you could see him appering and dissapering infront of you, or doing strange movement on the map for example.
Well, Im still first in the total points and theres only a race.
The toad disconnects, and we are 3 racers to play Rainbow Road. I nailed it, first with a great advantage, until the last part of the race. Magically, and I dont know how the fuck could this happen, the FUCKING TOAD APPEARS AGAIN! Last place, starts to do some strange things in the map, and here it comes 3 fucking blue shells, one behind the other, ive never seen this in my life. Of course I get last place. Fucking unbelivable.

OMG Aero

Yeah that warping around is due to lag, not cheating.
Someone doesn't have a smooth connection so the game is trying to work out where they are and when it does it will place them on the track there then show them driving depending on what they are doing, but since either you or the person in question doesn't have a good connection the game will suddenly get data that they are not where it thinks they are at all and it will put them on the track where they actually are which is causing the warping effect you are seeing.

If someone was actually cheating then they would just have infinite gold mushrooms or something instead of teleporting backwards and forwards.

So that was shaping up to be a great match between Horse, BDGAME and I, but the game disconnected as I was about to win on the last race....

We got a small lobby right now if anyone else wants to join.

So that was shaping up to be a great match between Horse, BDGAME and I, but the game disconnected as I was about to win on the last race....

We got a small lobby right now if anyone else wants to join.

Just as you were about to win, huh :p I was half a lap ahead on mine, but I may have been frozen in place on yours, had that happen to me once.

I may return later.

jwhit28

I have noticed that my 3DS doesn't pick up my wifi signal as good as my laptop but you can easily turn a laptop into a wifi repeater in Windows 7 without connectify or any of that stuff.

1. Open a Command Prompt with admin rights (Start->Accessories->Right click Command Prompt->Run as Admin)

2. Now type in this command: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=name key=password
Change "name" and "password" to your liking, password must be 8 characters, for example: ssid=Laptopwifi key=password

3.Open Network and Sharing Center (click on your wifi signal symbol in the bottom right hand corner)

4.Click on Change Adapter Settings in the left pane

5.Right click your current internet connection, properties, then go to the sharing tab

6. Check the Internet Connection Sharing box and go to the new connection you made in the drop down menu

7. Go back to the command prompt and type in the command: netsh wlan start hostednetwork

I haven't dropped a match since.

BowieZ

Banned
Can you guys wait for me? I'm a-joinin'!!

Also, moblin, I sucked yesterday cos I was half-watching Naked Gun 2.5 and 33.3333 at the same time. I JUST HANDED YOU POINTS ON A SILVER PLATTER

Wow, Never been given a triple mushroom in first place before! Apologies to my opponents.

It's for all those blue shells.

Honestly, I've been quite pleasantly surprised at the item distribution in MK7. Not perfect, and it falls apart with fewer than 4 players, but it's much better than MKWii. 8- rather than 12-person races help, too.

Boney

Banned
I still don't understand how gravs with a lightweight character in a car that doesn't specialize in top speed can go faster in straights than me with 10 coins.

I just don't!

Okay, Greg. That was an amazing bomb throw. It hit the thwomp on Rainbow Road, the blast radius hit me from above and I spun off the map. I tip my hat to you for that one.

Good games.

EDIT: Open lobby now.

Top Bottom