• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Gah, I just don't know how to get online in this game! I've done pretty much everything I can think of, I've manually inputted the connection settings and I've put my 3DS outside of my DMZ firewall thing and yet I still can't seem to get in a match!

I get online just fine, the point where I hit up worldwide and try to get in a physical race is when the thing just stops working outright. I get stuck at the "Searching for players!" sign up until the point where I get an inevitable error code (006-0612 or "Connection Error!")

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Gah, I just don't know how to get online in this game! I've done pretty much everything I can think of, I've manually inputted the connection settings and I've put my 3DS outside of my DMZ firewall thing and yet I still can't seem to get in a match!

I get online just fine, the point where I hit up worldwide and try to get in a physical race is when the thing just stops working outright. I get stuck at the "Searching for players!" sign up until the point where I get an inevitable error code (006-0612 or "Connection Error!")

The matchmaking is trash. Nothing you can do, unfortunately.

I've been getting "Unable to connect to server" errors since Christmas Eve. They testin' my patience.

tumblr_lq9c9ofBTE1qe6uhn.gif

Edit: OH NOW IT WORKS. CHOLA GIF IS SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Koodo

Banned
nah, anyone watching the bottom screen knows when lightning's about to come anyways. The only time a problem arises is when someone is mashing the item button and hits lightning before you're able to react. But those times should be rare.
I've seen it happen a lot actually, and you know how much I play... ;)

And that still doesn't make up for the fact that hoarding the blue shell is giving an advantage to the leader. It's a whack tactic, unless the person doing the hoarding wants to get to first place with the shell, which is an interesting but very risky tactic.

Hey, I was having the same error. I ended up selecting the Mario Kart channel and joined the community 'Let's Play'. I played a couple matches and then I was able to get online. Not sure if the two are interrelated but try it out.

Bullza2o

I was playing with ghosts in Maka Wuhu, and I thought a Nintendo ghost did the glitch. Was I seeing things or is it real that genuine Nintendoans do it too?

Emitan

Heh.... I stopped in the Maka Wuhu curve and stopped everyone from doing the cheat. Getting in the way, pushing them out, etc hahaha

I love it when someone keeps trying to pick it, they finally get it, and screw up the glitch and get last place.

Something strange happened today. After being hit by a bomb, I somehow started off with a boost (like when you get dropped from the lakitu and you get the boost) but I am not sure how I did it. I think I was pressing the brake button and then released it together with gas or something. Has anyone done it before? Maybe I am imagining things?

By the way which is your preferred car combination?

For me is B dasher, slim tires and super glider (don't have any other gliders actually)

GWX

Just posted in the Swapnote thread, but I think it's better to leave this here too: If there are brazilian gaffers willing to race, feel free to add me: 4425-1876-8978 (Guilherme is my nickname).

The AI rubberbanding is ridiculous, god.

I took the Maka Wuhu exploit shortcut while trying to unlock a character, and low and behold I wasn't in first place more than 5 seconds when the second placer comes rolling behind me.

The hell? How the? He must have teleported or something?!

Then I got hit with 2 Blue Shells, and when the second placer was close enough, he got non-stop triple red shells. The game wanted me to lose, and it wanted me to lose whether it needed to play fair or not. I ended up squeaking in first place in a race that I should have won with a minute to spare...

Once you hit 150cc, it's not longer you trying to make effective use of items and shortcuts to best the track in the shortest time. The AI wants blood, and it's you versus everyone else. I watched as a CPU racer waited to shoot a blue shell until the second I passed the second place AI CPU! This is nuts, I've played every Mario Kart since 64 and this is the most blatant rubberbanding I've seen. Maybe it's because I can see the items the AI gets... but still, it's horribly unfair and in 150cc it's frustrating being in first for 3 races and then you get hit with a blue shell, lightning, a red shell and then a fire ball bringing you instantly down to 6th place, ruining the last 3 races and making it so you have to redo the entire cup.

The game is still awesome though, I just wish Nintendo would have made more robust AI that didn't need to rely on cheap weapons and too frequent to be coincidental item combos between multiple AI racers.

The AI rubberbanding is ridiculous, god.

I took the Maka Wuhu exploit shortcut while trying to unlock a character, and low and behold I wasn't in first place more than 5 seconds when the second placer comes rolling behind me.

The hell? How the? He must have teleported or something?!

Then I got hit with 2 Blue Shells, and when the second placer was close enough, he got non-stop triple red shells. The game wanted me to lose, and it wanted me to lose whether it needed to play fair or not. I ended up squeaking in first place in a race that I should have won with a minute to spare...

Once you hit 150cc, it's not longer you trying to make effective use of items and shortcuts to best the track in the shortest time. The AI wants blood, and it's you versus everyone else. I watched as a CPU racer waited to shoot a blue shell until the second I passed the second place AI CPU! This is nuts, I've played every Mario Kart since 64 and this is the most blatant rubberbanding I've seen. Maybe it's because I can see the items the AI gets... but still, it's horribly unfair and in 150cc it's frustrating being in first for 3 races and then you get hit with a blue shell, lightning, a red shell and then a fire ball bringing you instantly down to 6th place, ruining the last 3 races and making it so you have to redo the entire cup.

The game is still awesome though, I just wish Nintendo would have made more robust AI that didn't need to rely on cheap weapons and too frequent to be coincidental item combos between multiple AI racers.

Ha! The AI was on to your little game and would have none of that Waka Muhu bullshit

mmxzero

Good races who ever I played from Florida.

Once you hit 150cc, it's not longer you trying to make effective use of items and shortcuts to best the track in the shortest time. The AI wants blood, and it's you versus everyone else.

Haha, yeah I've noticed that all CPUs are against you. Red shells being fired backwards at me when I'm in third place or any items, cpus have drove into me bumping me away from coins and ? boxes , etc. One time Wiggler ran me off Rainbow Road along with himself in mirror, that one surprised me.

One time Wiggler ran me off Rainbow Road along with himself in mirror, that one surprised me.

ha, Shy Guy did the same thing.

It was that GCN Dino course, I was koopa. I'm way ahead in first, but decided to take the gliding shortcut in that cave with the geysers. Out of nowhere, BOOOM Shy Guy comes ramming into me with a mushroom and I go flying off, with him right behind me. We both fell off and Yoshi went to win the race, with me in 4th, making it impossible for me to actually finish the cup in first, barring a miracle where Yoshi came in 4th.

Which wasn't going to happen, because whoever was in front of Yoshi would have "accidentally" made a wrong turn and fell off, allowing Yoshi to quickly move up.

GeekyDad

I got robbed. Tried to try the shortcut on that first race, lost my first place position on the last lap, and it all went downhill from there...

ShinyTeeth, if you're going to spam Maka Wuhu so you can exploit the glitch, could you at least keep it out of the community room? I play against GAFfers to get away from that shit. It's especially annoying when it's a two- or three-person race.

Thanks!

Top Bottom