• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Symphonic

Picked this up yesterday, 3 starred 50cc and got all gold on 150cc. What do you get for 3 starring 50-150cc?

Will add the communities and what not. Looking forward to online.

Communities were implemented terribly. No group browser and no ability to join and spectate a group with races in progress drives people to WW mode.

I've now spectated a total of two community matches before being dumped into the second race.......no rhyme or reason to it so far......it usually dumps me into a room alone.

Symphonic

Anytime my internet strength dips below 1 bar it just quits. Screw that.

edit: The fuck, this is ridiculous. The game refuses to hold a constant connection. Literally if I move my 3DS an inch and the internet changes, the game gives up.

taku

I love Mario Kart.. Fuck this game!
Rubber banding in this one is amazing, and blue shells always (always) come flying in the last round.

Why can't Nintendo just implement a "this item: yes/no"-list like the one in Bomberman?

Symphonic

Rubber banding in this one is amazing, and blue shells always (always) come flying in the last round.

Why can't Nintendo just implement a "this item: yes/no"-list like the one in Bomberman?

Not sure if happy or not.

dock

There are a couple waiting for a race now, if anyone's up for a 4-6 player thing :)

Blue shell hording is pretty tricky because of how common lightning is. I haven't found hording effective at all in MK7.

Let me in

Or better yet, like from Super Smash Bros., one of their own series.

-KRS-

Damn... I think I need to play more single player before I venture into the online again. O_O
I don't even know how to do the damn tricks in the air lol. I never played Mario Kart Wii much.

Cranzor

Played online and in the GAF community for the first time with moblin, iCham and Azu as Jesse the Shy Guy. Maybe I should change my name on the 3DS to Cranzor as I can see myself playing in the community a lot. Good games guys, I had a lot of fun.

Symphonic

The heck happened at the beginning of that DK round? I was playing Ackbar and all of a sudden everyone behind me was gone.

Then I disconnected because fuck this game.

edit: Holy shit, I can't do this. Constant disconnects. Goodbye Mario Kart 7.

Symphonic

Thanks for starting the game and then leaving ACKBAR.

Can't we just wait for a freakin whole room for once?

...sorry. I guess it's my internet that's causing the issues. I also got dropped from the DK round. I really don't know what's going on, I won't play until I can figure it out.

Sorry again.

...sorry. I guess it's my internet that's causing the issues. I also got dropped from the DK round. I really don't know what's going on, I won't play until I can figure it out.

Sorry again.

Ha, it's cool of course :)

I'm just annoyed at how many people press start the game without waiting at all.

Symphonic

Ha, it's cool of course :)

I'm just annoyed at how many people press start the game without waiting at all.

It's mainly because I was frustrated about dropping from the last match after getting a good head start -- I wanted to jump right in again. Will wait if I ever get it working.

Symphonic

So do bots get random advantages or are they just randomly expert players? There's been multiple matches where I'm doing fine way out front and then out of nowhere a bot is right on my tail, way ahead of the others.

SmithnCo

Just bought Mario Kart 7. Love it. Played a few games online but am wondering how/where do I put in the GAF community code, also what is the code?

Quote the OP to see the hidden codes in the message, you put the code in the community section online after you've set up the data by clicking on the Mario Kart channel option.

-KRS-

So do bots get random advantages or are they just randomly expert players? There's been multiple matches where I'm doing fine way out front and then out of nowhere a bot is right on my tail, way ahead of the others.

I think that's what they call rubber-band AI :(

Koodo

Banned
People who hold onto blue shells to mess with the heads of the race leaders are the true pros.
It's a horrible tactic that ends up backfiring more often than not due to lightning bolts.

I know I personally don't care how long someone hoards a blue shell when I'm in first. The longer, the better, since that reduces my chance of getting another. I do rage when I'm not in 1st though, because that reduces my (and everyone else's) chance of getting to the top.

The only "smart" usage I've seen is hoarding it and somehow getting to 1st place, but this requires an amazing amount of luck to plow through the middle of the pack untouched while essentially being naked.

Edit: OPEN LOBBY W/ 3 PEOPLE. Come~

Shoogoo

Once I'm done with the single player I'm not touching it ever again and I'll stick to online.

Fuck those blue shells in the 3rd lap just before the last fucking corner.

Yen

Can someone PM me the online codes? I'm on the webapp, and it would take forever to scroll down (I already tried :))

It's a horrible tactic that ends up backfiring more often than not due to lightning bolts.

nah, anyone watching the bottom screen knows when lightning's about to come anyways. The only time a problem arises is when someone is mashing the item button and hits lightning before you're able to react. But those times should be rare.

Wizpig

Maka Wuhu...4 times in a row.

How did they fuck this game up so bad?
Nintendogs stole their development time.

More importantly why the fuck won't they fix it?

An update you can download from the shop and put on your SD... and this update changes the Lakitu spawn after that fucking fall in Maka Wuhu? is it so hard?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Heh.... I stopped in the Maka Wuhu curve and stopped everyone from doing the cheat. Getting in the way, pushing them out, etc hahaha

Top Bottom