• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

The fact that it's based on luck is stupid. Are you going to defend everything Nintendo does?

No, but I'm not blaming them for bad luck like you are...if you were in a race, and were the one who got 2 blue shells would you post "This game is so unfair! I hit someone with 2 blue shells"? No, you wouldn't. So, again, STOP WHINING

Madao

i feel like having an alternate community with no items allowed (or only bananas or mushrooms) would be healthy for some members.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Blue shells should hit everyone ahead of the user, no exception.

Personally I'd be fine with lightning appearing more frequently but nerfing it so it only reduces the top speed of everyone but the user. Get rid of the blue shell altogether.

uchihasasuke said:
i feel like having an alternate community with no items allowed (or only bananas or mushrooms) would be healthy for some members.

I'd love to join limited item communities but none of them are very fun because the options are so limited. An option for green shells+bananas+mushrooms only would be pretty great (with bullet bill to catch up).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got the game on christmas and have stuck to SP so far to unlock people, but I've seen a blue shell in every single race except two, and in some I've seen it more than once. I've done each cup twice so far.

The AI is ridiculous, it's a lot like MK Wii was for me with literally impossible to win races where I do nothing wrong but can't catch up. Getting hit by 4 different fireballs in a row that the CPU perfectly throws behind them in a drift, getting hit by a blue shell right when I need to jump a gap so I fall, then lakitu drops me and I get pelted by a red shell.

They just need to make the blue shell be ground based and stay there. If it can hit the people in front of the person using it(which it can now), it still will be useful, but give it the chance to break on something. Or, even better, if they keep it airborne they really should have a new weapon just for first/second that is a complete anti-blue shell item, but holding onto it would leave you vulnerable in the back to the other shells.

I really like the tracks in the game atleast, I just want to get the characters before I go online.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano

It probably would be but it would also see a lot less activity than the other gaf communities. And those see almost no activity at all.

Or, even better, if they keep it airborne they really should have a new weapon just for first/second that is a complete anti-blue shell item, but holding onto it would leave you vulnerable in the back to the other shells.

They have EXACTLY this. It's called a mushroom.

Blaming the people who made it luck based for bad luck, my goodness what craziness.

As for the rest of your post, stop taking complaints about Nintendo games so personally.

Stop trying to make assumptions about my posts just because you disagree. Saying "I defend everything Nintendo does" and "take Nintendo games so personally" does nothing but make you look childish. There are a lot of things I have to complain about in this game. Complaining about bad luck, and when I can just as easily get super good luck, isn't one of them

Does anyone else get knocked offline all the time while playing Online Multiplayer? I can't go more than two games in a row without getting dropped. I have no connectivity problems with any other game or system that I play.

Does anyone else get knocked offline all the time while playing Online Multiplayer? I can't go more than two games in a row without getting dropped. I have no connectivity problems with any other game or system that I play.

The servers have been getting hammered since Xmas. It was pretty smooth and without problems around when the game came out. Hopefully they deal with the problem soon

Cranzor

Just played with 3 other guys in the community as the Shy Guy. Did anybody see me hit myself with the red shell on Bowser's Castle? I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

SmithnCo

I would like blue shell more if I didn't have to check the bottom screen to see if anyone has one. Maybe if there was a bigger warning it would be more fun with more people trying not to be first.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I would like blue shell more if I didn't have to check the bottom screen to see if anyone has one. Maybe if there was a bigger warning it would be more fun with more people trying not to be first.

I always panic and think the item box is a blue shell in the corner of my eye.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I hate lightning and blue shell until i get them. Then, i love them.

Especially when you get lightning on a track with lots of pits, gosh, it feels so good.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
This is how Mario Kart works. It's a game. The bullshit is you projecting on it, you are able to not like the game...this is an option.

Play something that fulfills your expectations.

There has always been an element of bullshit in Mario Kart, but the problem with MK7 is that it takes it to a staggering degree. It doesn't fix the biggest problems MK Wii had (thunder cloud aside) and it makes it worse by adding worse items, making tracks narrower (so items are harder to dodge) and nerfing the top speed stat so good driving simply is not rewarded as much.

Sinthetic

My girlfriend went out and bought a new Ice White 3DS with MK7 and we've been playing online together (not in the same house), it makes it 10 times more fun racing Worldwide with someone you know (that is great at the game).

There has always been an element of bullshit in Mario Kart, but the problem with MK7 is that it takes it to a staggering degree. It doesn't fix the biggest problems MK Wii had (thunder cloud aside) and it makes it worse by adding worse items, making tracks narrower (so items are harder to dodge) and nerfing the top speed stat so good driving simply is not rewarded as much.

I haven't played MK Wii but isn't the only new item the Lucky 7?

Top Bottom