• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

GeekyDad

Being about a month lttp, I'm guessing this has been discussed before, but the Neo Bowser's City theme is just so...dreamy. But I feel like I've heard that melody before somewhere else. I wanna say it sounds like something from a Sega game, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Developers really need to go back to giving us sound-test areas again. Some of these soundtracks are just so fun to listen to on their own.

I don't know where that came from, but could it be a misunderstanding? The game lists your top 100 most recent/active rivals, and probably does something similar for communities if you add enough. Bearing in mind that chancing into a new community will automatically add it to your list (I think).

I was google searching "Active 150cc Communities" and ran across an article from one of the gaming sites that passed out this information.

Oh well, it's great when there are people in the Gaf community, but in other communities by the end of the four races there are usually 2 or 3 people left in the room.
Or people are impatient and want to start the game immediately with few people in the room.

Sianos

Being about a month lttp, I'm guessing this has been discussed before, but the Neo Bowser's City theme is just so...dreamy. But I feel like I've heard that melody before somewhere else. I wanna say it sounds like something from a Sega game, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Developers really need to go back to giving us sound-test areas again. Some of these soundtracks are just so fun to listen to on their own.

It's based off of Toad's Turnpike.

I know its been said a million times but it bears repeating... fuck the blue shell. Just cost me 1st place. It hit me literally a foot away from the finish line and a person 5 seconds away caught up and stole it. How the fuck does the blue shell help someone in last place Nintendo? Geez....

I was in Toys R Us. I could have bought this game along with Ace Combat 3DS. But I didn't, because I'm a sad person.

Next time there's a Buy One Get One X off I'm hopping on this mad train. The community talk in this thread has convinced me.

Frost_Ace

I still don't know why I'm so fucking slow, even with the star I can't outspeed shit

this is really frustrating.

EDIT: there's a room open right now^

Good games, everyone!

And sorry, "purists", but one of the things I love about MK7 is when a well-thrown bomb or well-timed lightning bolt takes out a big group of racers, and the coins just rain down. The sound of two dozen coins bouncing on the pavement is so, so satisfying.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I still don't know why I'm so fucking slow, even with the star I can't outspeed shit

this is really frustrating.

I've played a ton of this game and it seems like the top speed stat is just incredibly inconsistent. Even if I'm using a Lucky 7/Slick combo and have 10 coins, I'll still watch people in starter parts gain on me on the minimap. It makes zero sense.

(I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to put top speed rubberbanding in MP)

Insaniac

there is nothing quite like gliding through all the star rings at the end of rainbow road. Also best rainbow road / RR music ever

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You guys are probably getting tired of this question, but how is this as a single player game? It's unlikely that I'll be able to go online often with my 3DS, but I love me some Mario Kart...

You guys are probably getting tired of this question, but how is this as a single player game? It's unlikely that I'll be able to go online often with my 3DS, but I love me some Mario Kart...

Is basically like any previous Mario Kart, so if you liked DS and Wii you're good to go. Definitely start at 150cc.

Berordn

No mission mode, no single-player versus mode. You can still do Battle Mode in single-player though. Still spectacular, but nothing like MKDS's single-player content.

Synless

So, do I stand a chance against any of you without having unlocked half the stuff. I would like to play online now that I have some extra free time, but I feel like most of you will have a massive advantage.

Top Bottom