• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

andylsun

So, do I stand a chance against any of you without having unlocked half the stuff. I would like to play online now that I have some extra free time, but I feel like most of you will have a massive advantage.

I've only completed the 50cc cups and am having a blast online.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Sorry didn't mean to press start guys :/ my 3DS freezed up for a bit and I was pressing random buttons to unfreeze it lol

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Random disconnects from communities are infuriating. Can't believe the matchmaking is still so bad a month after the game came out. Guess it's here for good (like the Maka Wuhu glitch).

Dr Prob

Banned
What happened to the community? Checked it this morning and it was at 600+ players, now it's back down to 550.

That's like...300 people who have gone missing.

Skiesofwonder

No one took advantage of the Maka Wuhu trick.

Very classy NeoGaf.

Edit: wow red turtle over water at DK jungle on last lap.

Koodo

Banned
Wow how in the he'll did you pass me Koodona?!?!?
Mushroom Gorge? With a golden mushroom.

ibvq2qNIooVk9x.jpg

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I dunno who S_exy Nerd is, but if the only way you can squeak out a win is by Maka Wuhu glitching, kindly take yourself to WW mode.

Skiesofwonder

Lol nothing like a battle for the top at Luigi's Raceway. Right Medley and Crumpet?

Edit: to clarify I believe they had placed in first or second all three races except the last at Luigi's Raceway which they came in at last and second to last.

Grokbu

So I'm considering getting this. Is there any game breaking lag when playing with people around the world, or people with slow internet?

So what exactly is this Maka Wahu glitch? I've never played on the course in multiplayer, so I haven't seen anyone do it

So I'm considering getting this. Is there any game breaking lag when playing with people around the world, or people with slow internet?

I get disconnected every now and then, but other than that it's been fine for me. And my internet speed is pretty bad

Skiesofwonder

Thanks smith for the bomb that slide me into the pit.

Thanks A LOT.

Edit: looks like everyone is leaving. I'm headed over to some WW matches. :)

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Fucking eh, this game makes me nuts. Horrible blue shell timing, every fucking time. Good racing equates to you getting screwed :/

I've gone back to playing MK Wii a bit and it's amazingly refreshing how much more it rewards good driving. Blue shells are still problematic of course, but you're able to build substantial leads through skill so it's not nearly as bad.

Fucking eh, this game makes me nuts. Horrible blue shell timing, every fucking time. Good racing equates to you getting screwed :/

I realized that today after everyone instead tried to be 2nd, or when I had a big lead in 2 races and lost due to a blue shell...

Single player this problem is non-existant.

Patch this Retro!

Instro

I realized that today after everyone instead tried to be 2nd, or when I had a big lead in 2 races and lost due to a blue shell...

Single player this problem is non-existant.

Patch this Retro!

Oh I dunno, being in first usualy allows you to get away from everyone. Being in 2nd and 3rd leaves you more likely to get item'd to death since you would presumably be closer to the main pack.

NEW NEW PAGE

Perhaps this should be added to the OP?

Oh I dunno, being in first usualy allows you to get away from everyone. Being in 2nd and 3rd leaves you more likely to get item'd to death since you would presumably be closer to the main pack.

I guess it depends on the course, but if you fall off a cliff due to a blue shell no matter what the lead is you are still in a pretty bad position.

Instro

I guess it depends on the course, but if you fall off a cliff due to a blue shell no matter what the lead is you are still in a pretty bad position.

Well sure but I think falling off a cliff in general pretty much screws you, and just about any item can cause that to happen. I just don't feel that blue shells are enough of a deterrent to make me think that trying to avoid the lead until late is a good idea. In my eyes, being in first basically allows you to avoid a significant portion of attack items, so being vulnerable to a blue shell isnt a bad tradeoff. Particularly now when they appear less often, and generally hit a few other racers on the way up, they are not totally crippling.

Thats just my experience though, I've been screwed over a lot more by items other than the blue shell, so its not my biggest worry.

Full room w/ GAF. Gonna get wrecked.

GG, everyone.

*mumble* gravijah...

edit again:

GG, all. I better quit while I'm ahead (by one point).

Top Bottom