• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Cheska

Fun times Chet, Grav. See you guys next time.

Raichu___Link_by_ShingenIsen.jpg

Tunavi

Banned
Tinychat is a better place to meet up for mario kart, especially cause people are on it 24/7 anyway. that chat posted above is a graveyard

Wolfe

I've gone back to playing MK Wii a bit and it's amazingly refreshing how much more it rewards good driving. Blue shells are still problematic of course, but you're able to build substantial leads through skill so it's not nearly as bad.

That is still very much the case in this game.

Defunkled

Have people found ways to hack yet? I think I just ran into one. His name is Luis and he was able to constantly accelerate at will. Blue shells did not have an effect on him and he had a ludicrous amount of points. Also he seems to warp to the front of the pack at the end of races.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Have people found ways to hack yet? I think I just ran into one. His name is Luis and he was able to constantly accelerate at will. Blue shells did not have an effect on him and he had a ludicrous amount of points.

What do you mean by "accelerate at will"? Mushroom boosts?

Anyway, hacking is not possible on the 3DS yet.

Defunkled

What do you mean by "accelerate at will"? Mushroom boosts?

Anyway, hacking is not possible on the 3DS yet.

Like his top speed is constantly faster than everyone else's. Someone will have a huge lead on him and he is able to clear the gap very quickly without the use of items.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Like his top speed is constantly faster than everyone else's. Someone will have a huge lead on him and he is able to clear the gap very quickly without the use of items.

Yeah, probably just lag then. The netcode in this game is crap and if someone is lagging it can look like some pretty crazy stuff is going on.

dock

After I play the ghost 8-player races from the mario kart channel they appear to disappear. Where do they go? Can I race them again?

After I play the ghost 8-player races from the mario kart channel they appear to disappear. Where do they go? Can I race them again?

Time trial mode in single player. I think the 7 chosen are close to your record or maybe they're simply the new ones, but it actually stores a lot more. If you choose the '7' opponent, it will give you a random 7 close to your new time. It might not be able to give you the exact same 7 together again, but I don't think that's what you were asking :)

dock

Time trial mode in single player. I think the 7 chosen are close to your record or maybe they're simply the new ones, but it actually stores a lot more. If you choose the '7' opponent, it will give you a random 7 close to your new time. It might not be able to give you the exact same 7 together again, but I don't think that's what you were asking :)

I don't see a 7 opponent, just an option to pick my own ghost or one of the other ghosts from online ranking. Does this unlock after completing mirror mode?

I don't see a 7 opponent, just an option to pick my own ghost or one of the other ghosts from online ranking. Does this unlock after completing mirror mode?

I don't remember it unlocking but maybe it did... Ghost Data x 7 should be top of the list after 'None'.

i'm seriously pissed at this random unlock garbage. i just want the b dasher but i ain't getting it. 3500 coins in and i just know i have to get the other 1000 as well. BS.

WTF how many coins do you have to collect to unlock everything?

Special ones:

The Gold Glider can be unlocked by making 100 StreetPass connections or by collecting 10000 coins.
The Gold Tires are unlocked by obtaining a minimum of one star ranking in all cups of every engine class or by collecting 15000 coins.
The Gold Kart can be unlocked by obtaining 10000VR or by collecting 20000 coins.

Anyone else annoyed there's no way to check you in game stats? I have no idea how many coins I have until I get a message about passing a certain threshold and unlocking something

KarmaCow

Anyone else annoyed there's no way to check you in game stats? I have no idea how many coins I have until I get a message about passing a certain threshold and unlocking something

Go to the Mario Kart Channel and select your Mii. It gives you a bunch of stats like coins collected.

I had a recent 3 player Gaf race where one person 'Kevin' was cheating on Mountain Loop, and the other one was constantly voiting for it but not cheating. Weird...

Good games whoever I just played. I finally understand the point of that air fan on Koopa/Neo Bowser City.

I like how in the middle of a race a national investigator comes to my house to question me about my friend.

It was freaking awkward.

Tunavi, do you know if my online profile will keep the points if I use a new copy of Kart? Because these things are going pretty high on Criagslist, and I might just pick up an Amazon copy and get rid of this one. I know course progression is saved on it, but that's not really a concern. If not I'll just stick to this one.

Edit: Damn you blue shells

Edit: Whoa, why do I keep getting disconnected. I don't mind being last Nintendo ok.

Tunavi

Banned
Tunavi, do you know if my online profile will keep the points if I use a new copy of Kart? Because these things are going pretty high on Criagslist, and I might just pick up an Amazon copy and get rid of this one. I know course progression is saved on it, but that's not really a concern. If not I'll just stick to this one.

Edit: Damn you blue shells
You talking about your VR? I doubt your record is tied to the cartidge because thats through the online system.

Top Bottom