• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

y2dvd

A friend of mines banned us from using Shy Guy in our group play. Is he top tier or something? She said he's used all the time in online play.

SmithnCo

Was just in a game where 4 people voted for Maka Wuhu and the other 3 voted Wuhu Loop...

I give up on this game :(

At this point everyone knows the glitch, so I don't know why people bother to play the same course over and over. Maybe they hope that one or two people don't know it and they can get a few places ahead. Hooray?

Hopefully this shows someone at Nintendo that patch functionality should actually be used sometimes.

suikodan

Hey guys,

Here's my 3DS friend code 4296-3100-5474

I'd like to have some of you guys mostly for time attacks. I'd love to receive a challenge thru a Ghost and try to beat it.

I also try looking for groups in the Gaf Community but it's always empty when I look it up. I mostly play between 6-10PM EST.

Was just in a game where 4 people voted for Maka Wuhu and the other 3 voted Wuhu Loop...

I give up on this game :(

That's because the Wuhu Loop glitch is the new hotness. Seems you have to drive sideways across the second speed boost on the dirt track, and hop off the edge. Just found a room with a bunch of guys doing it.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Ugh @ random idiots getting into community races. I played MK Wii for a few hours the other night with some other gaffers and it's sad how much of a better experience it was.

Edit: Sorry for glitching Prinny, had to screw that Metal Mario out of his win.

Edit 2: And he left lol.

waicol

Banned
Damn now that i remember i played against him on"peel out" before going to gaf, kid was spamming maka wuhu and i spammed snes rainbow road to counter, he dc´d before losing the GP against me, guess he followed me.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
There should definitely be a vote ban option in the community. We'd probably lose some innocent participants that way though.

Nintendo's complete mishandling of communities makes me wish we could get a kart racer from Valve or something. How great would it be to have a MK-like experience on Steam?

Nintendo's complete mishandling of communities makes me wish we could get a kart racer from Valve or something. How great would it be to have a MK-like experience on Steam?
It would be fantastic. How about we get Nintendo and Valve to go on a blind date and see if we can make some sparks fly.

Bullza2o

A Steam-like experience on MK would be best, imo. My PC specs aren't that high so I have to stick with consoles/handhelds.

clemenx

Banned
I've been lucky thus far in Worldwide... Mostly decent racers who don't choose Maka Wuhu. And it seems I've missed it in the GAF community :/ It's a shame it happens. I was Clemente btw, for the 3 guys that were racing bout an hour ago :p

Rehynn

I've been lucky thus far in Worldwide... Mostly decent racers who don't choose Maka Wuhu. And it seems I've missed it in the GAF community :/ It's a shame it happens. I was Clemente btw, for the 3 guys that were racing bout an hour ago :p

I was one of them, thanks for the race:)

Wizpig

So...who in here has MK Wii and would like to play sometime? I've gone back to it and am having much more fun.
Not directly related but since you brought it up: after hundred of hours on MK Wii this is what i think after playing it again post MK 7.

+ No Wuhu glitch
+ Wii Wheel is fun; seriously, it's awesome
+ I still like the POW item since it's avoidable

- "Balance" issues.
- 12 players; if actually in 12 players of Mario Kart 64 and pre-Double Dash MKs will feel the urge of strangling themselves because of the items spam.
- No coins
- Less fun steering system, both Automatic and Manual (similar to MK 7; not quite the same)
- Things like the Mega Mushroom are a Star reskin, Bullet Bill is broken
- Bloom
- Hackers

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Having 12 players doesn't actually mean more item spam. It's worse in MK7 because of narrower tracks, extremely effective red shells and item boxes that don't disappear.

Also, I do like coins and playing MK Wii makes me miss them, but really, with the amount of item spam in MK7 all they do is exist to be dropped when you get combo'd.

Every single course in the game has a mirror equivalent. Work on that muscle memory!

The thing was that I never knew you could play mirror mode tracks online, I thought it was only single player or a special exception on a community. This was a random race with random people and someone still got it.

OMG Aero

The thing was that I never knew you could play mirror mode tracks online, I thought it was only single player or a special exception on a community. This was a random race with random people and someone still got it.

I think the mode you play on in worldwide mode is dependent on the rank of everyone playing. If every has a low rank you play 50cc tracks but if everyone has a high rank then you can play 150cc or mirror mode.

Frost_Ace

I think the mode you play on in worldwide mode is dependent on the rank of everyone playing. If every has a low rank you play 50cc tracks but if everyone has a high rank then you can play 150cc or mirror mode.

Naaah even when I had a low rank I don't remember playing at 50cc

OMG Aero

Naaah even when I had a low rank I don't remember playing at 50cc
I just checked the Mario Kart website and saw this on the Q&A page:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nintendo_3ds/mario_kart_7_44817.html said:
Q. I know that it's possible to hold online races with 150cc karts and on mirrored courses, but I don't know the conditions for achieving this.
A. When all the players taking part in a race have a high VR, it becomes possible to select 150cc karts and mirrored courses.
So yeah you might be right and it only bumps you up a mode if the VR is high enough, but doesn't take you down if the VR is low.

orioto

Good Art™
Lobby with 2 people!

Wow that was not even funny lol, i couldn't even reach you...
I don't get it actually, as there is no snaking (or is there ??), how do people just go way more fast than you.... Even in simple portions of the race with no big turns.

Prinny

Wow that was not even funny lol, i couldn't even reach you...
I don't get it actually, as there is no snaking (or is there ??), how do people just go way more fast than you.... Even in simple portions of the race with no big turns.
By getting 10 coins and doing the trick with R at every jump.

Wizpig

Having 12 players doesn't actually mean more item spam. It's worse in MK7 because of narrower tracks, extremely effective red shells and item boxes that don't disappear.

Also, I do like coins and playing MK Wii makes me miss them, but really, with the amount of item spam in MK7 all they do is exist to be dropped when you get combo'd.
Narrower tracks are good though, it's what made Mario Kart so fun.
Although not every track is an example of good game design: i don't know why some people hate on the Wario track, i think that's actually quite good compared to tracks where an item can easily throw you off.
I love Koopa City for example, but in one of the spots it's almost impossible not to fall off the track if you get hit by a BS. (more than one meaning)
Same on new Rainbow Road.

Red shells are very strong here, but you almost always have something to destroy them (bananas, etc.)

I recently played Mario Kart DS online and in that game you can't even put an item behind your kart. (DS limits i guess)
Red shells are broken there, imho.

Another thing i wanted to say: I think sometimes Mario Kart 7 has the Sega All-Stars Racing effect.

For those who didn't play that game... basically... the 1st player was almost unbeatable, because players in lower positions would continue to spam items amongst them while the first will continue playing as if in a time trial.

Now don't get me wrong, i know Mario Kart still has the blue shell, but if you have a really huge difference from first to second it's very hard for the others to catch up.
Of course, the first player must be quite skilled and/or the other players not very good.
I actually like this since, along with coins and other stuff, i think it makes for a more skill-based Mario Kart.

orioto

Good Art™
By getting 10 coins and doing the trick with R at every jump.

I guess then... And how good are the last pieces for the car ? Does it make a difference ?

I also realized the worldwide online is not 150cc and i'm used to it, then when i play in GAF community i'm surprised by some turns -_-

Top Bottom