• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Prinny

I guess then... And how good are the last pieces for the car ? Does it make a difference ?
The kart pieces are unlocked at random so it depend on the one you get first.
If you mean the Beast Glider and the gold parts, they have similar stats to other parts.

I just checked the Mario Kart website and saw this on the Q&A page:

So yeah you might be right and it only bumps you up a mode if the VR is high enough, but doesn't take you down if the VR is low.

You were right. When I thought back on it, everyone in the race had a star or more. It went off mirror the next race when more people joined in.

It's a pretty cool feature though, I never knew until now!

clemenx

Banned
To anyone who played MKWii time trials, is it me or in MK7 the 2nd staff ghost is a lot better here than on Wii? I can barely beat most of them and in Wii I used to destroy them :( It has me frustrated!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how are you guys doing on VR? I'm around the 2000 but don't get to play much. I tend to still be getting top 3 on average (blue shell nonsense not withstanding) most of the time in world wide.

I find the items not too bad. if you treat it like a series of poker games, you should go up in standings consistently if you're decent despite having quite a few robberies here and there.

I find the items not too bad. if you treat it like a series of poker games, you should go up in standings consistently if you're decent despite having quite a few robberies here and there.

Yeah, this is the right way to look at it. Everybody gets screwed over by items all of the time, but anyone who's played in a Worldwide group for a few races can easily discern who the better players are.

Azuran

Banned
how are you guys doing on VR? I'm around the 2000 but don't get to play much. I tend to still be getting top 3 on average (blue shell nonsense not withstanding) most of the time in world wide.

I'm around 2500 right now. I haven't played much WW.

At least the game is a lot more fair this time around. I usually place in the first three spots consistently, which was something I never did in MKW. The items in that game were completely broken. Yes, you're still gonna get screwed once in a while in 7, but at least it's not a constant event anymore.

Grakl

Can't play on the shipyard. Too hard for me! Or maybe, I just question my sanity on every map I don't pick, haha.

I'm done, ggs.

Wolfe

Best MK, I think. ~30 hrs played so far!

Oh man I'm well over 100 hours at this point :p

Just pulled off my first blue shell dodge using a mushroom in WW, feels good man. Was great cause it was on snes rainbow road and literally at the final thwomps on the final lap, would have cost me the win.

Can't play on the shipyard. Too hard for me! Or maybe, I just question my sanity on every map I don't pick, haha.

I'm done, ggs.

The problem I have with the underwater segments is that the physics are so different. That turn in the tunnel on Wario's Shipyard after the first set of jumps is frustrating as hell.

Bleh my "always come in 1st" with randoms online for rainbow road snes is gone , got 4th lol

12 straight times I got 1st on there, my favorite course B^)

I'll add something to the other thread about maka wuhu

Grakl

Bleh my "always come in 1st" with randoms online for rainbow road snes is gone , got 4th lol

12 straight times I got 1st on there, my favorite course B^)

I'll add something to the other thread about maka wuhu

Yeah, my favorites are the SNES and GBA maps. I do the best on those and generally win whenever I pick them.

Cant get the internetz to my 3DS at the moment so playing offline, what a misery..:(

Finally managed to get 3 stars in all the 150cc now and god was there loads of annoying moments before I got there...was dissapointing tho that it didnt unlock anything... oh well time to more on to try mirror mode.

Is there any unlocks for a new title screen? It looks so cheap with the normal one with the boring white background..

Wizpig

How do you figure narrower tracks are better? All they do is make item spam even worse.
In the recent ones that may be true [although i don't feel it a lot in MK7], but a return to form would be narrower (= maybe harder, more skill based) tracks and less items.

I dunno, maybe place less "?" boxes around the map...

Mario Kart 64 was like that, and the blue shell in that one was also more avoidable.
I hate it when in Mario Kart Wii / 7 you use the brake but it was too late and you still get your blue shell as you're 2nd. :(

I think this is awesome http://youtu.be/bSVlfmErW1c
And Waluigi Pinball from MK DS too, while being large, is skill based and fun.

The huge tracks and Lakitu placing you more close to the goal than the place you fell off are all things from Double Dash, where they casualized the whole game, and while i can't argue that the driving model from MK DS / Wii / 7 is far more fun than the difficult ones in MK SNES and MK 64 i also think MK 64 is still the best one while looking at the game as a whole.

But what left me speechless about Double Dash when i recently watched again some videos of it is how fast it is... F-Zero Double Dash? i don't remember it being so fast.

Is there any unlocks for a new title screen? It looks so cheap with the normal one with the boring white background..
You do get new backgrounds after finishing Mirror

This white sh** must end! MK Wii was like that aswell D:
And the 3-2-1 Go font is so cheap... the one in Double Dash was so colorful.

Wolfe

I also think MK 64 is still the best one while looking at the game as a whole.

The N64 one will always get my nostalgia goin, I think one of my favorite things about that game was some of the things they did visually with the game. For example using mushrooms felt way more intense/fun as it kinda did that screen bounce thing like you were actually getting rocked by the force of the boost.

The N64 one will always get my nostalgia goin, I think one of my favorite things about that game was some of the things they did visually with the game. For example using mushrooms felt way more intense/fun as it kinda did that screen bounce thing like you were actually getting rocked by the force of the boost.

Also, 5 bananas!

Although MK64 really doesn't hold up, in my opinion. Some of the courses are great, but several are way too wide and/or exploitable and items are broken as hell. I wish I hadn't tried to play it recently, my memories of it are so good.

Roo

Play N64 Rainbow Road while you hear this.
Then you will know what nostalgia is =)

It brought a tear in my eye =,(

when is toads highway gonna be a retro course, that course was amazing and in mirror mode was hard as hell.

hopefully it will be included in a mario kart wiiu

I'm also in the N64 mario kart was amazing , still holds up for me :D

when do people normally play on Saturday?

Roo

when is toads highway gonna be a retro course, that course was amazing and in mirror mode was hard as hell.

hopefully it will be included in a mario kart wiiu

I'm expecting to see all the N64 tracks left making an appearance on the Wii U version

-Toad's Turnpike
-Yoshi's Valley
-Royal Raceway
-Wario Stadium
-Rainbow Road

If anything, imo, the only one still in danger of not making the cut again would be Rainbow Road
and just because it is way too long and the 5 minutes limit per race online.
The have to make the map smaller or spam the track with boost ramps

«þ»

I'm over 10k VR and something very weird just happened to me online for the first time...

I was playing Rainbow Road with 7 others, and just moved into 1st at the curved rings before the jumping mushroom (the guy who was 1st just fell off unexpectedly), suddenly the race ended with the message "A communication error has occurred" and then the results screen appeared with me in 1st place and VR added to each player. By the next race only 2 people were still racing.

Has this happened to anyone before?

So: anyone on right now? Having just been validated, I'm on 150cc All right now. Gotta get this community favorites!

I'm called Genny, btw.

—Where did you get your setup, Prinny? Items were the only things keeping me afloat, and I wouldn't have overtaken you if I had wanted to. :|

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Bested again by that damn Wuhu Loop glitch. It's the only thing that really bothers me in the game because I can't do it :/

I haven't even bothered looking in to how to do it, I just quit the game once I noticed people started spamming Wuhu Loop in addition to Maka Wuhu. Even if you play in a limited item community to get away from the spam, you still have to deal with track glitches. It's a real shame how this game turned out.

Prinny

Where did you get your setup, Prinny? Items were the only things keeping me afloat, and I wouldn't have overtaken you if I had wanted to. :|
Great games last night! I use the Koopa Clown/Mushroom Wheels/Beast Glider, high speed/handling but low acceleration. It's a good kart combo as long as I don't get hit by too much item.

Am I the only one who drifts around the edge of the dining hall on Daisy Cruiser? It's more fun like that and doesn't seem to lose any time, possibly faster if you get the boosts right.

Also, I'm so slow I never realised until this game the tables are meant to be sliding because of the ship swaying, I used to think they were haunted or something.

You need to hit jump right before plunging to the water.

I discovered that picking up a golden mushroom at the end is faster than taking the glitch shortcut, I'm going to try relying on luck.

Wizpig

I haven't even bothered looking in to how to do it, I just quit the game once I noticed people started spamming Wuhu Loop in addition to Maka Wuhu. Even if you play in a limited item community to get away from the spam, you still have to deal with track glitches. It's a real shame how this game turned out.
I decided to turn off my router when Maka Wuhu comes up.

An extreme solution for an extremely annoying fucking glitch.

One could say "but you don't know if they were going to cheat if you quit earlier!" but after the glitch was discovered i only had one game where nobody used the glitch.

1/2943847373 games.

Do i lose VR points for doing so? i don't care either way, i can't stand idiots using that just because they suck on the other courses.

Great games last night! I use the Koopa Clown/Mushroom Wheels/Beast Glider, high speed/handling but low acceleration. It's a good kart combo as long as I don't get hit by too much item.
Fuck, I can't beat that in a 2P race where you always have an advantage in speed and handling. You'll always get in front and apply a safety net, so that only blue shells can break you!

I need to play SP more before I can hang with the big guys.

Prinny

Duh, I should have made the connection. Good penguin but I don't know if anyone is ever going to beat Graphic Horse's horse. That thing is WOW.
I didn't actually create it, I found it on youtube. I agree horse look a lot better.

Edit: Missed the start boost in wario shipyard typing this :(

Top Bottom