• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
HAHAHA lalalala kak :p

Good match man, it was tight. Can't believe you fell at the end.

Edit: darn it missed the lobby of six? :/

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Man I really can't play all items anymore after spending most of my time in the banana peel only community lately. Having every race determined by items is pointless.

Is there a group playing right now? I want to crash the party.
let's do it

000sqsbt

braves01

Banned
Well, GAF kicked my ass and then I get blue shelled constantly during 150 cc Special Cup. This game makes me want to smash my 3DS so much sometimes.

Is there a list of "best" kart/part combinations for each character--setups that most play to their strengths? Also, do the coins have a cumulative effect on speed, or is it only that brief boost?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Is there a list of "best" kart/part combinations for each character--setups that most play to their strengths? Also, do the coins have a cumulative effect on speed, or is it only that brief boost?

A mix of speed, handling and acceleration is best for all characters, but speed generally will not be very important in actual races because of the never-ending item spam. For time trials otoh, you'll want full speed.

And yes the effect of coins is cumulative.

A mix of speed, handling and acceleration is best for all characters, but speed generally will not be very important in actual races because of the never-ending item spam. For time trials otoh, you'll want full speed.

And yes the effect of coins is cumulative.

Isn't weight useful for nudging people, though? And thanks.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Isn't weight useful for nudging people, though? And thanks.

Mildly, but if you're close enough to get bumped into by someone, chances are either you are them are going to get it by an item of some sort anyway. And even if you do have a heavy kart, someone using the lightest combo possible can still fling you off the track if they bump into you while using a mushroom boost. I'd focus on the other 3 and not worry about the rest.

Tbqh, items determine the winner unless you're in a limited item mode of some sort, so don't worry too much about your combo. Just avoid combos with very low handling.

Mildly, but if you're close enough to get bumped into by someone, chances are either you are them are going to get it by an item of some sort anyway. And even if you do have a heavy kart, someone using the lightest combo possible can still fling you off the track if they bump into you while using a mushroom boost. I'd focus on the other 3 and not worry about the rest.

Tbqh, items determine the winner unless you're in a limited item mode of some sort, so don't worry too much about your combo. Just avoid combos with very low handling.

Good to know, thanks. I've never felt like I needed to ask for help in a Mario Kart game before, which is weird.

Good game to Prinny, Greg, smith and fuzzy. You guys are seriously skilled, I was struggling not to be last each time.

Hey, we were tied so you can't be that bad ;)

Has anyone figured out how the point system works? I lost 50 points since yesterday and I noticed that most of the GAF leaderboard have lost half the points they had a week ago.

I don't remember 150cc being so difficult in other MK games; I just don't feel like I'm fast enough.

edit: Also, 10 coin, all first place on the 100cc Mushroom Cup and it gave me 1 star--am I missing something?

clemenx

Banned
I don't remember 150cc being so difficult in other MK games; I just don't feel like I'm fast enough.

edit: Also, 10 coin, all first place on the 100cc Mushroom Cup and it gave me 1 star--am I missing something?

If it's the same as MKWii, getting offroad/falling off the course affects the Star Ranking as does the time you do on each course.

That's one disappointment for me on this game, though. Getting Star ranks seems a lot easier. I never got to 3 starts on every cup on MKWii, it was difficult to do. I have most of the cups on 3 stars on this game in no time and 2 stars come off with almost no work.

If it's the same as MKWii, getting offroad/falling off the course affects the Star Ranking as does the time you do on each course.

That's one disappointment for me on this game, though. Getting Star ranks seems a lot easier. I never got to 3 starts on every cup on MKWii, it was difficult to do. I have most of the cups on 3 stars on this game in no time and 2 stars come off with almost no work.

Yeesh, I better brush up on my skills then. And how does one do "tricks"? I see the CPU doing flips as they get into the air.

Top Bottom