• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Elija2

I need to stop racing against you guys. My wins/losses ratio has only gotten worse ever since I started.

Good games though.

ffdgh

I'm done. Either I stink or everybody's way better than me. I just finished last 7 out of 8 races in a row.

Mushroom wheels+ zucchini and any glider aside from standard/gold/beast would have been better lol

All that extra acell doesn't do anything since it's not at 2.75.

Go figure The game gave me a "cool" pair of wolf claws to enjoy.

Edit: I'm just decent. WW usually destroys me with the randomness lol.
LOL, I was telling Prinny last week how unfair it is that you can put freeze on those. I try to use mine sparingly since they seem so OP.

Now that I'm at an actual computer instead of my PS3, here are my impressions from last night:

Not item-dragging (except when I forgot for a brief moment but that never really made a difference) was pretty enjoyable except for Rosalina's Ice World because fuck you guys. <3 I will say that early on my timing for blocking the reds was horrible, but once I got it down it felt... right.

It also drastically reduces the amount of cheesey bullshit I can do. I can't drag bananas and shells into people. Also, I will say that I think I did just fine last night, considering my self-imposed handicap.

I will say that I do think there's a good chance MK8 will be like this because we know the earlier builds of the game had MK7's item system but in the trailer they're holding their items. That suggests that in the past half a year or so the developers changed their minds about how to handle items. No guarantee, but it's likely.

Now that I'm at an actual computer instead of my PS3, here are my impressions from last night:

Not item-dragging (except when I forgot for a brief moment but that never really made a difference) was pretty enjoyable except for Rosalina's Ice World because fuck you guys. <3 I will say that early on my timing for blocking the reds was horrible, but once I got it down it felt... right.

It also drastically reduces the amount of cheesey bullshit I can do. I can't drag bananas and shells into people. Also, I will say that I think I did just fine last night, considering my self-imposed handicap.

I will say that I do think there's a good chance MK8 will be like this because we know the earlier builds of the game had MK7's item system but in the trailer they're holding their items. That suggests that in the past half a year or so the developers changed their minds about how to handle items. No guarantee, but it's likely.
Well I didn't notice a difference :lol

Out of curiosity, were you the poor soul that I hit with a bomb while driving on the ice while I was under it? Because that moment made me wish that the 3DS had the PS4/Xbone game streaming function. It was almost too funny.

big_z

I just got the game on boxing day and ill join the online once I unlock some stuff but right now I have a question about the drifting. How does it work? Im used to the DS game where you can rip sparks as fast as your thumb will move.

In this one I cant tell if im not moving the circle pad straight enough or if theres a time delay between blue and red sparks.

Elija2

I just got the game on boxing day and ill join the online once I unlock some stuff but right now I have a question about the drifting. How does it work? Im used to the DS game where you can rip sparks as fast as your thumb will move.

In this one I cant tell if im not moving the circle pad straight enough or if theres a time delay between blue and red sparks.

In MK7 you don't have to quickly move the circle pad left and right to gain boost. you just have to hold a drift long enough. The sharper the turn, the quicker you gain boost.

big_z

In MK7 you don't have to quickly move the circle pad left and right to gain boost. you just have to hold a drift long enough. The sharper the turn, the quicker you gain boost.

so basically you hop and hold and that's it. no left-right-left boosting at all?

I'll be playing WWs with some buddies in a few minutes. If anyone wants in and doesn't have me added then post so I can add you. FC: 3050-7685-5267

Just a warning: A couple of these guys can destroy me. D:

Room's up. Maybe things will go better this time. ;P

Also, if you join and you're "new" then I highly recommend posting and saying "Hi".

I'm on my way!

Edit: New players posting to say hi? Oh no, it's always so much better for them to just show up and hit "Start Game" without asking :/

Edit: Wait, is that ffdgh in his true form? Why am I afraid :{

Edit: Nope, not ffdgh. But I know that he's out there... lurking...

Shark and Nate are having the most adorable argument in the history of the internet.

"Shall we get started?"

"Let's wait for more players."

"Shall we get started???"

"Let's wait for more players!"

"SHALL WE GET STARTED?????"

"LET'S WAIT FOR MORE PLAYERS!!!"

Top Bottom