• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Wolfe

One of these days I'll get in on this, totally thought it was Wed for some reason.

Gotta show off that gold cart!

Smilax

Yep, I'll spend all of my free time between now and then doing good public works like feeding the homeless.

Hopefully that will at least get my karma to the point where my own items aren't hitting me anymore :{

Your karma is fine. You just had some rough races, and bad luck.... a lot of bad luck.

Your karma is fine. You just had some rough races, and bad luck.... a lot of bad luck.

Some part bad luck and some part a lack of track awareness. Most of the things that happened were avoidable if I had been paying attention to what was going on around me.

There's still plenty of time to practice before MK8 launches but I just hope they don't change things so much that it feels like I'm starting from scratch again :{

I'll be ready for tomorrow though, I'll join at 12 noon sharp.

Is the MK7 community gonna die once MK8 comes out?

Considering the install size of the Wii U versus the 3DS, I doubt that.
I expect that things will be very active in the Wii U community for the first month or so and then die down a lot. We may want to just form a joint MK community for both games down the road as I don't expect MK7 to get abandoned completely any time soon. MKDS and MKWii coexisted for a really long time.

It won't die right away because you won't be able to stop in the middle of a choke point and spam the Tanooki Tail.
Of course not, you'll just be able to stop in the middle of a choke point with a piranha plant now instead :/

The new Fire Flower looks even more spammable in the videos to me.
It coud be worse...Waiting at a tight space with a mega mushroom....So many mario kart wii troll nightmares.
I sometimes think that the entire concept of trolling was originally derived from MK. The game is practically designed to bring out the very worst in people which is probably why it's so incredibly popular.

Of course not, you'll just be able to stop in the middle of a choke point with a piranha plant now instead :/
You'll be able to actually hit them with a shell or fireball though. Part of what made Tanooki Tail trolls and, as ffdgh reminded us, Mega Mushroom trolls a pain is that you couldn't hit them to give you some time to safely drive past them.

The Piranha Plant also forces you to move forward at regular intervals (thank god).

You'll be able to actually hit them with a shell or fireball though. Part of what made Tanooki Tail trolls and, as ffdgh reminded us, Mega Mushroom trolls a pain is that you couldn't hit them to give you some time to safely drive past them.

The Piranha Plant also forces you to move forward at regular intervals (thank god).
I forgot about the boost from using the plant, that was a good design decision. I've got to think that there's still going to be a road rage item in MK8 though, there always is.

Edit: Hmm, maybe not in MKDS though but all the items seemed pretty toned down in that game.

ffdgh

I forgot about the boost from using the plant, that was a good design decision. I've got to think that there's still going to be a road rage item in MK8 though, there always is.

There's still that...could be lucky number 8 and that horn item we don't know about.

Good thing the star, bullet bill and blue shell have been nerfed in 8.

There's still that...could be lucky number 8 and that horn item we don't know about.

Wait, the star and bullet bill have been nerfed? Star nerf is fine but goddammit the Bullet Bill sucked in 7 to the point where it has actually killed me before.

I read someone in another thread speculating (or joking, who knows) that the horn item will turn into the red button that was shown on the gamepad in early screenshots. I can imagine that being applied to all kinds of annoying behavior knowing Nintendo.
Thanks,

I will try to join.
Wait, I thought we were starting at noon on Saturday. Is it 3PM now?

ffdgh

Wait, the star and bullet bill have been nerfed? Star nerf is fine but goddammit the Bullet Bill sucked in 7 to the point where it has actually killed me before.

Oops I mean knockback wise. They're basically hit as stong as shells now instead of that annoying double flip in 7.

Star looks faster and no clue about the bills speed.

Yep, it kind of reminds me of the auto-pilot item in most of the Wipeout games in that it's pretty critical that you chose when and where to use it. Sometimes it will just drop you into the middle of a turn making you drift off into oblivion :{

It's even better when it just drops you onto an obstacle like a thwomp or pinball though :lol
Yes, my brain was thinking noon but my fingers typed 3 PM EDT.

WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS CORRECT ME FFFFFF-
How exactly does something like that happen? Were you on a platform in the middle of the Atlantic so it threw you off? :p

Been doing my utter best to get 3 stars on every cup. Only have two left on Mirror mode.

Must have tried a dozen times now, can't get it for the life of me.

Playing against the CPU so much, we have N64 levels of catch up bullshit in the game.

Elija2

Did anyone else see that bomb/blue shell nonsense that happened at the end of the first lap? I threw a bomb and it blew up in the air, and then a blue shell went completely off course and landed off the side of the map.

Top Bottom