• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

dock

I seem to have trouble with the fire flower and raccoon tail. It's unclear to me how long these things last! Especially as they don't have music or push you forward like the Bullet Bull and Golden Mushroom.

Anyone else have trouble judging the duration of these? Maybe I'll get used to it.

zoukka

Hmm how do you gain speed underwater without drifting? Do I need to pull up while driving underwater or something...

Quote the OP. Near the bottom.

Yeah people should also mention WHICH community they are using :b

I can't see anyone in the biggest group :(

Boken

Banned
NeoGAF 150cc All Items

NeoGAF 150cc BOB-OMBS ONLY!

NeoGAF Mirror Mode All Items

AusGaf Community

NeoGAF Balloon Battles

CODES HIDDEN IN EMAIL TAGS
TO VIEW CODES, QUOTE THIS POST

I assume most people would use 150cc all items.

Huff

Banned
Hmm how do you gain speed underwater without drifting? Do I need to pull up while driving underwater or something...

Yeah people should also mention WHICH community they are using :b

I can't see anyone in the biggest group :(

150cc All items is the only one I've played. I assume it's the biggest

I seem to have trouble with the fire flower and raccoon tail. It's unclear to me how long these things last! Especially as they don't have music or push you forward like the Bullet Bull and Golden Mushroom.

Anyone else have trouble judging the duration of these? Maybe I'll get used to it.

I could be wrong but I think they deplete with usage as well as time. Spam the fireflower and it won't last long.

zoukka

Whoever played me... that fucking green shell :DDD

THIS GAME IS EPICX

Thank you Daffy and Horse, that was fun gotta go to Sauna.

daffy

Banned
LOL last time I take it easy on a gaffer! :p You kept disappearing and reappearing I was like "wait what!" at least 10 times pahah! Clearly there is voodoo in that horse face! Good games you and zoukka! :)

I have a question concerning Wuhu Island (i think) there is a part where a player could "magically" disappear and get far into the lead. Are they exploiting a glitch or is it my idea? I have noticed a gaffer doing that once. I am imagining there is a gliding exploit where you can reach to a higher level which is a later part of the level, which would work since that level is not based on repeating laps.

Teknoman

This game's soundtrack is possibly worse than the Wii one.
Seriously, MK music hasn't been nice since the Super Famicom og, but this is just cringeworthy.

No way. Wuhu tracks are great, the way the remix the main theme for various Mario, Toad, and Bowser tracks, as well as the new Rainbow Road are all great.

And nothing was wrong with the Wii Kart soundtrack.

I assume most people would use 150cc all items.

Thats where the biggest pop is. Balloon Battles is fun for quick fights, Bob-ombs is probably the purest mode as far as racing goes.

Kazerei

Banned
storafötter;33321477 said:
I have a question concerning Wuhu Island (i think) there is a part where a player could "magically" disappear and get far into the lead. Are they exploiting a glitch or is it my idea? I have noticed a gaffer doing that once. I am imagining there is a gliding exploit where you can reach to a higher level which is a later part of the level, which would work since that level is not based on repeating laps.

This

maxmars

I feel like the Wii version was much worse. I haven't had nearly as many problems with 150cc this time around.

Same here. I think part of the reason is that this time around I found a configuration that I feel confident with early in the game.

By the way, love the game. This is even better than the Wii version IMO, I like the vehicles better (but I miss a couple of tracks). The in-cockpit view and the 3D are really cool. Finally the AI is much less "rubberbanding" for the lack of a better term.

Anyone else got their preorder bonus, the MK7 3DS bag?

JoeFu

Banned
lol just played a game on the 150 all items stuff with n8, jeeves, and len1978! Fun stuff, made a bunch of mistakes and totally screwed up in the last race, but this game is so fun.

I need to unlock more stuff!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I hate that every single time we're waiting for more players the first fella that shows up automatically decides to start the race by himself.

I miss the Wii's chaotic 12 player races. Being in the middle of the pack was positively frightening.

There's a part of me that misses that, sometimes I get into first place in this game and as I break away from the pack due to everyone behind maiming each other I can't help feeling like i'm missing out on the delicious chaos, due to my stubborn refusal to use bikes in Wii I often spent that game in the middle of the online pack and it was madness, in a good way.

I've only got one 1st place, but should have at least 4 of them. It seems like every time I'm about to cross the finishing line, I get hit with a blue shell or a red shell and finish 3rd. I hate this game!

Tuck

Finally played all the tracks. I think I love every single one - there isn't any track that I think "This sucks.'

Underwater parts are alright, though its the flying that really makes some tracks shine.

EDIT: I do agree that I miss having 12 players on a track at once, instead of 8).

tassletine

Not sure how it was on the wii but the online seems to be seriously broken.

I've regularly been in 6th (or so) when the rest of the pack (about 5) pass me.
I've done a mushroom jump off a log onto a clean track (with no cliff) only to have the game act like I've gone over the edge and penalised me with a restart.
Loads of karts jumping around the track, disappearing/falling off edges only to reappear seconds later ahead of me.
Knocked someone off the edge only to have them drop and speed off ahead of me as I'm still going full speed.
I've come in 2nd and the game says 1st?

This is crap. How can a game be fun if the representation of the other racers isn't accurate? I know there's a lot of luck in MK but this is beyond dumb.

KaYotiX

Banned
Not sure how it was on the wii but the online seems to be seriously broken.

I've regularly been in 6th (or so) when the rest of the pack (about 5) pass me.
I've done a mushroom jump off a log onto a clean track (with no cliff) only to have the game act like I've gone over the edge and penalised me with a restart.
Loads of karts jumping around the track, disappearing/falling off edges only to reappear seconds later ahead of me.
Knocked someone off the edge only to have them drop and speed off ahead of me as I'm still going full speed.
I've come in 2nd and the game says 1st?

This is crap. How is a game fun if the representation of the other racers aren't accurate?

sounds like your connection is bad

Boogiepop

That was a bit ridiculous in that first Match with the Lakitu and DK (I was a Wiggler), just got perfect items at the end and shot up into first. And the star at the end of Maple Treeway with DK caught me off guard and actually made me laugh a little, heh. Well played.

Top Bottom