• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

tassletine

sounds like your connection is bad

My connection is good. It's just that the game sets me up with people round the earth from where I actually live. I just joined the gaf community. Red shelling 3 people just before the finish line and came in second. The leaderboard said last, even though I was cheering in the animation. Fuck this game. What the hell is the point of having a world wide option when it doesn't work?

King_Moc

Banned
Not sure how it was on the wii but the online seems to be seriously broken.

I've regularly been in 6th (or so) when the rest of the pack (about 5) pass me.
I've done a mushroom jump off a log onto a clean track (with no cliff) only to have the game act like I've gone over the edge and penalised me with a restart.
Loads of karts jumping around the track, disappearing/falling off edges only to reappear seconds later ahead of me.
Knocked someone off the edge only to have them drop and speed off ahead of me as I'm still going full speed.
I've come in 2nd and the game says 1st?

This is crap. How can a game be fun if the representation of the other racers isn't accurate? I know there's a lot of luck in MK but this is beyond dumb.

sounds like your connection is bad

Mines the same. My connection is 50Mb, normally with good ping. I have no problems at all with online games on any other format.

Insaniac

My connection is good. It's just that the game sets me up with people round the earth from where I actually live. I just joined the gaf community. Red shelling 3 people just before the finish line and came in second. The leaderboard said last, even though I was cheering in the animation. Fuck this game. What the hell is the point of having a world wide option when it doesn't work?

i've played plenty of worldwide games with no noticeable problems

waicol

Banned
tumblr_lqiryaFDtJ1qfkkv5o1_500.gif

watershed

Banned
I really hate Rock Rock Mountain. Why does the camera shift when going uphill so you can't see the boulders coming?

The key is to hit the first jump. If you do that the camera will shift up more than if you hit the two boosts on the side of the jump platform. When I race that stage I always take the jump over the boosts just so that I can see the boulders coming. Try it out and see if it helps.

The key is to hit the first jump. If you do that the camera will shift up more than if you hit the two boosts on the side of the jump platform. When I race that stage I always take the jump over the boosts just so that I can see the boulders coming. Try it out and see if it helps.

Will do. I just got creamed twice by the boulders and there was no way I could've avoided it.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I can relate to Bowser when I get a low position in a race. Head looking up, mouth open. Long sigh.

Wizpig

Why hello there people spamming Wuhu Mountain worldwide for a sad and easy win abusing the glitch!

I hope your 3DS explodes in your hands.

ps. oh and when another track actually comes up? you suck.

Boogiepop

Well, I sucked in most of those races, ha. Also, damn at the ONE race I do good in being Maka Wuhu, with Toad using the exploit (I assume, he jumped WAY ahead in the middle) to steal away first.

Teknoman

bowser.gif

Gwarrr!

lol sorry about that last minute bump, I was trying to hang on for dear life. Train+monster is not good for hugging corners. That Wario Pinball had to be the best first lap i've EVER had though.

This is a racing game right? With an entire portion of the game devoted to times right?

So why the hell did Nintendo remove any sort of time tracking during the grand prix!?!

As far as I can tell, you are no longer given your lap times.

And whats worse...youre no longer given your competitors results.

The days of knowing you beat someone by 1 millisecond? Gone.

The days of knowing you beat someone by 1 minute? Gone

WTF is this? Did I purchase the beta version by mistake?

Boogiepop

So, I definitely suck at avoiding bombs. Like, so hard. Such great suck. Anyway, I'm in for one more round before I duck out and do actual work.

Sinthetic

Worst session I've ever had. Played against various Japanese players, I couldn't believe it. I got slammed off the stage 3 times, 3 fucking times in 1 race.

The funniest thing I saw was in a race, 7 Japanese people, all 5000 points, all choosing the gimped Wuhu Island track. Fuck you all.

Firo

BY2K and Will! That was a fun game, I messed up at the end of Rainbow Road and became 3rd, I was yelling at everything. LOL.

finally unlocked all characters. Wiggler is teh awesome

now Anasui has levelled up and is bigger, better, badder. Prepare yourself, Gaf

random comment: the new Rainbow Road is the most impressive track I've seen in any MK. It's so wonderful!

Boogiepop

Yes! Waluigi Pinball is where it's at! That took me from 4th overall to 2nd, I think. Anyway, with that I think I'm done for the night. See you guys tomorrow!

Top Bottom