• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

DarkKyo

Lol Amazon rep ASSURED ME its arriving today, Friday, when it hasn't even shipped yet. Is he just BSing me to get me to go away or is there any possible way that's happening?

Is this game up on the US eShop yet? I'm at work until 7am local time (9am EST) but I'm hoping it's up by the time I go home so I can download while I sleep today and have the game ready to play by the time I leave for work tomorrow night.

I have a Japanese account as well but I don't know if I want to go thru the eShop digital code loop to get it a bit earlier.

KaYotiX

Banned
Is this game up on the US eShop yet? I'm at work until 7am local time (9am EST) but I'm hoping it's up by the time I go home so I can download while I sleep today and have the game ready to play by the time I leave for work tomorrow night.

I have a Japanese account as well but I don't know if I want to go thru the eShop digital code loop to get it a bit earlier.
It's been up for a few hrs

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Lol Amazon rep ASSURED ME its arriving today, Friday, when it hasn't even shipped yet. Is he just BSing me to get me to go away or is there any possible way that's happening?
I've had stuff from them ship in the middle of the night and delivered the same day. It leaves no room for error though, if they miss the early ups pickup driver or if he delivers it to the sorting facility after your route driver has departed then you're boned.

Did 2 cups on 150CC. Felt too easy (last MK was double dash). Put it on 200CC, FAST AS FUCK. Still got first in 3 races and 4th in Shy Guy Falls lol. Felt pretty good.

Anyways to make the item box stop faster?

KingBroly

Banned
I feel like I'm always a split second too late on bringing items out against a Red Shell or a Boo.

The game does feel more frantic and not in a good way. Red Shell, Red Shell, Blue Shell, Red Shell. Just...come on.

ChrisD

does not matter this game will easily sell 3X what Zelda sold LTD

Once systems actually get out there, anyways. And Ninty are probably already running their supply line as much as possible!

Not buying this for a while, but all the positive impressions on new modes and portability are, well, positive to see! Weird seeing this thread move so slowly though. But MK8 didn't have Discord, so it makes sense.

Played 2 online matches

Won in first game

10th in the second game...I was 2nd the entire time until the final turn. I was like that gif :(

Edit: yeah, that one ;_;

deoee

2SggXw1.gif

DarkKyo

I've had stuff from them ship in the middle of the night and delivered the same day. It leaves no room for error though, if they miss the early ups pickup driver or if he delivers it to the sorting facility after your route driver has departed then you're boned.

Lol geez, why do they decide to play this game on every single release date delivery? Been boned on this too many times now.

Well thanks for the answer! I need my Kart fix so I really hope it does come today(or Amazon will catch hell for this)!

After playing a bit:

1. Battle mode is really fun
2. 1080p makes a huge difference

but most of all

3. LOADING TIMES!! They are so short compared to the wiiu version, it makes it so much more fun to play.

qko

Amazon reps are full of BS, at launch with Zelda, after preordering when preorders opened, my copy got pushed back a week. One rep assured me that the benefit I was getting as a Prime member was the discount and it shouldn't matter when the game arrived.

Downloading now.. with a 200 Mbps connection... it's going slow as fuck. But yeah add me if you want to play once it's done. SW-0323-1787-8409

And yeah why would you want the inconvenience of swapping carts for a game you know you won't be selling off? Go digital, you pansies.

How often will you be looking at the box? Box art, schmox art.

DarkKyo

Amazon reps are full of BS, at launch with Zelda, after preordering when preorders opened, my copy got pushed back a week. One rep assured me that the benefit I was getting as a Prime member was the discount and it shouldn't matter when the game arrived.

Lol wtf!!!!
Ugh. I guess I can't be that made because it's my brother's Prime account that I use, but god damn Amazon has gotten so much crappier over the last 3-4 years or so.

Cuburt

The HD Rumble feels nice. Nothing too mind blowing but I wish there was an option in the system menus to adjust the "volume" of the HD Rumble. Some games have felt a little too "loud" but this game feels a tad too soft. The usage is subtle and nice, but some of the feedback feels so good I just wish they made it a tad stronger. That's why being able to adjust the "volume" of the HD Rumble would have been nice.

And yeah why would you want the inconvenience of swapping carts for a game you know you won't be selling off? Go digital, you pansies.
You know the arguments from the naysayers. From "you are only renting a license instead of owning the game," to "you cannot trade/share the game," and so on.

Whatever.

But yeah, I agree. Download the game. All digital for me, personally.

fernoca

Some mentioned that the assists are turned on by default, but both were off in my case. Though I started with a Pro controller.

Some quick notes:
-Game looks cleaner
-Faster loadings compared to Wii U
-Better organized ghosts/options
-I still suck

Wtf, it took me roughly 15 minutes to download MARIO Kart 8 Deluxe for me
Mine is 14MB. ;p
Though 6.5GB usually takes an hour.

I did realized after it finished, that I forgot I had to use my "DMZ IP" on Switch like with all Nintendo hardware, so that may have had an effect. Without the DMZ, it downloads stuff but never lets me play online. Same as Wii U and 3DS. Noticed when it failed to connect online. Fixed that and played two races.

Crazyorloco

Blows my mind that this is portable now.

Nintendo has two killer apps on the switch...

Three if you consider 1, 2 switch one. I have it and don't like it, but I always show it off to new people and after I do - i usually hear "I'm getting a switch".

Cuburt

Serious question: to be people like that this is possible? This is part of why I dislike the game.

I've had experiences like that online. Especially since everyone is in a bigger pack online, they know how to use items well, and are really aggressive.

Top Bottom