• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Stopdoor

Is there any reason to do the 50cc Grand Prix or should I move onto 100cc?

150cc clears everything below it, and Mirror & 200cc are separate. So if you're confident in your abilities (and 150cc seems easy in this game), there's no real reason to waste your time on 50cc and 100cc.

Lgndryhr

My local best buy said some people lined up this morning for the game. Was shocked to hear that. Said they were busy before lunch with people picking it up. Surprisingly they still had a lot of Switch consoles left and a bunch of pro controllers.

sleepnaught

Due to purple artifacting in the clouds and reflections in MK8, I'm assuming my Switch is overheating or otherwise defective. Only does it in docked mode. For those of you who have sent in your Switch for repairs to Nintendo, can you share your experiences? Will I keep my saves?

BFIB

Caved. Getting it at Target and will return my unopened copy from Amazon to Target.

Last time in ordering anything Nintendo off amazon.

Neiteio

Did someone named Michael send me a friend request? PM me if so, so I know who you are. Guessing someone from my Pokémon X/Y days.

SuperSah

Banned
So I haved played about 6-7 hours of this game today and I want to praise Nintendo.

I never got to own this on Wii U but it's such a joy to play. Playing with GAF is a blast and the gameplay is so tight.

I usually play exclusively handheld to the point where when the battery needs charging, i'll wait before I can play portably again ignoring dock mode. In MK8, I find myself actually using docked mode more. It's absolutely gorgeous in 1080p and all the colours pop. On the Switch screen it is equally as impressive. Being able to play downstairs, upstairs and anywhere outside makes this game really special.

Great work Nintendo! Additionally, HD Rumble feels good here!

Jeesh I feel like the same 5 maps are our options in this 150cc tourney lol. You can tell because whenever we get a different one, everyone picks it.

jph139

So this is essentially my first Mario Kart since the Wii version, which I barely played (didn't even unlock the full roster), and I'm surprised by how natural it felt. Still need the learn the courses, though.

Battle Mode is tons of fun but I wish they had a "last man standing" version of Balloon Battle. Even so, it's the only place I've dipped my toes in online so far, and I'm loving the chaos of it. Shine Runner is amazing.

J@hranimo

Banned
So is it placebo or did they make it so you can brake and drift? Because I'm not falling off Rainbow Road like a scrub in 200cc anymore do to the drifts lol.

Anyone else notice the audio glitch on Sunshine Airport where your character's voice gets extremely quiet (and possibly other sounds are gone)?

It happens when you go off the first big ramp that sends you up to the track in the sky, and then the audio is messed up for the remainder of the race.

I've only raced on that course with Orange Yoshi—different car parts didn't make any difference though.

The drive assist is a godsend for the 3 year old. He loves watching me play games but I wasn't sure how to get him used to playing games, well here it is.

I'm honestly kinda bored with it. Wish I hadn't bought digital so I could trade it in or return it.

Biggest gripe is that it feels very shallow to me. I'm just cruising along and getting hit by blue turtle shells and I don't get the appeal I guess.

Guess I'm stuck with it.

I feel the same except I've played Mario Kart since the SNES. It's just not clicking for me it feels kind of on rails at times. Ehh idk.

That was a beautiful little moment we had there, Incite. You hit me with the greens, I stopped, stared you in the face, and blew us both up.

I don't have the game yet, still waiting for my Amazon delivery :-(.

But my question is, how can I join GAF on Mario Kart? That sounds fun!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Link looks so out of place in the game compared to the other crossover stars

Feel like Deku Link would have fit in more

Unicorn

I feel the same except I've played Mario Kart since the SNES. It's just not clicking for me it feels kind of on rails at times. Ehh idk.
GBA game was pinnacle of the SNES style of actual kart racing. This is more Mario Party.

Granted battle mode the best it's been, so I'm happy. There's totes gonna be more DLC.... RIGHT?!

Top Bottom