• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

thatJohann

I don't understand why the CPU is such a dick. I'm minding my own business racing and drifting and all this damn blue turtle shells raining down on my parade. I don't like this. Why are they attacking me? Let me enjoy my game.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don't understand why the CPU is such a dick. I'm minding my own business racing and drifting and all this damn blue turtle shells raining down on my parade. I don't like this. Why are they attacking me? Let me enjoy my game.

Sometimes they don't think it be like it is but it do.

Shikoba

Some questions from someone who doesn't play a whole lot of mario kart:

What exactly are the coins for in races?

How do you get the boost at the start of the race?

Does the Kart/wheel/parachute choice matter?

Thanks!

Murugo

Internet is down until the Comcast technician comes Sunday. Gonna use the free WiFi at McDonald's or somewhere to play some online matches.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Some questions from someone who doesn't play a whole lot of mario kart:

What exactly are the coins for in races?

How do you get the boost at the start of the race?

Does the Kart/wheel/parachute choice matter?

Thanks!

They make you go faster

Hold gas when 2 sec appears solid

Yes - press + to see your stats

Effect

So haven't done any races yet. Just pure battle mode but does anyone see the smart steering being a problem? I know in tournaments you can set it to be off or on. Also that it's on by default but can easily be turned off by pressing +. It should do a better job of letting you know it's on though.

Is it really just a thing that stops you from going over the edges but doesn't give any advantages right? You still have to race. Know how to drift, etc?

Ogodei

Damn, no fanfare on character, cup, or class unlocks, just the kart parts.

Last 4 cups are all new to me since i bought none of the MK8 DLC (since i focused on Smash Bros in late 2014 and Splatoon in 2015)

jph139

Yeah Shine Thief is the best mode, and not just because I won that round either. It's so hectic.

Yeah, it really is great. The fact that everyone has their own separate timer, the slowdown on whoever has the shine, the slow build of pressure... I would play Shine Thief all day.

Arkam

Am I missing something or is online battle mode always a random game mode? I just want to play balloon battle :(

Guys, what wireless router are you using that you find works well with your Switch? (Was gonna ask this in the general Switch thread but it got locked.) My Netgear router decided to crap out the day I got my hands on MK8 :(

I'd rather not get another Netgear router as their support and customer service has turned out to be crap.

So haven't done any races yet. Just pure battle mode but does anyone see the smart steering being a problem? I know in tournaments you can set it to be off or on. Also that it's on by default but can easily be turned off by pressing +. It should do a better job of letting you know it's on though.

Is it really just a thing that stops you from going over the edges but doesn't give any advantages right? You still have to race. Know how to drift, etc?

Having it on won't allow you to get the ultra mini turbo (pink sparks)

Top Bottom