• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

150cc is so easy it's insane. Every race I end up like half a lap ahead.

I wish the game had some difficulty options generally. It's neat that the game has 4 speed classes but because difficulty appears tied to these, I feel obligated to play at the fastest class to get a closer race.

RAWRferal

150cc is so easy it's insane. Every race I end up like half a lap ahead.

I wish the game had some difficulty options generally. It's neat that the game has 4 speed classes but because difficulty appears tied to these, I feel obligated to play at the fastest class to get a closer race.

There is definitely a CPU difficulty option in 1p Vs Race, don't know if it can be accessed in Grand Prix though.

baby park is the worst level!

It's the best.

It's great! Just round and round and round.

Changed my mind, baby track sucks. It's for babies. Which is why I made a point out of coming in last.

Change your mind again. It's amazing. We call it apocalypse.

IllustriousDifferentKoalabear.gif

This game is the best Mario kart yet (didn't play the Wii U version), it's got so much polish it's crazy. Online was giving me problems at first but now it's been a ling while without disconnects so I hope it's just Nintendo fixing things up.

By the way, are the characters just cosmetic or do they have an effect on weight, handling etc? From what I see it's only car tires and gliders that affect your stats right?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This game is the best Mario kart yet (didn't play the Wii U version), it's got so much polish it's crazy. Online was giving me problems at first but now it's been a ling while without disconnects so I hope it's just Nintendo fixing things up.

By the way, are the characters just cosmetic or do they have an effect on weight, handling etc? From what I see it's only car tires and gliders that affect your stats right?

They do affect handling, I'm pretty sure. Which makes it pretty weird that you cannot see their stats, like you can with the other stuff.

LCKellow1994

Neo Member
Looking forward to picking this up after I finish Dragon Age 2. Last Mario Kart game I played was on the original Wii and from memory that was a blast in multiplayer.

They do affect handling, I'm pretty sure. Which makes it pretty weird that you cannot see their stats, like you can with the other stuff.

Really? I have been playing with different characters but since I was also trying different kart configurations I didn't notice anything like that. Would be nice to know what is that they affect.

Looking forward to picking this up after I finish Dragon Age 2. Last Mario Kart game I played was on the original Wii and from memory that was a blast in multiplayer.
Do you find pleasure in getting humiliated and having large objects being shoved in your face and back?
Then Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online is the game for you.

BraXzy

Switching between control modes never works automatically for me.

I just undocked my switch after playing on the TV with the pro controller.. why didn't it recognise I'd moved onto handheld mode? Had to manually change in the home screen.

Same happens when playing 2 player with a joy con each and then trying to use the joycon pad. Do you just always need to go and manually reconfigure the controller set up?

Firebrand

Good games (I was Dr BEES! or Snufkin, dunno which I show up as online). I might have been responsible for one shell barrage, was sitting on 4 red shells and made sure to space them to hit one person, lol.

Top Bottom