• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

TheBear

I feel like a Gold Mario skin isn't worth putting up with the fuckery in GP mode. I was literally at the finish line of Mount Wario had won the three previous races only to get blue shelled and come 5th. What the fuck.

IllustriousDifferentKoalabear.gif

lmao the banana

I feel like a Gold Mario skin isn't worth putting up with the fuckery in GP mode. I was literally at the finish line of Mount Wario had won the three previous races only to get blue shelled and come 5th. What the fuck.

you still got gold, you only need to get 1 place in each grand prix to unlock gold mario

Tendo

Anyone else having weird wireless play issues? Wife and I sitting right next to each other and it keeps dropping. And now my pro controller is really laggy when I try to use it?

is this the game or is my switch dying?

Xemnas89

Getting off for now but was fun playing with you guys. I'll be getting on again in a few hours probably.

Our head to head was pretty tense. When we both got shocked was killer :p

and error'd

Yeah I thought the lightning was gonna be the end of me but you got an error and I recovered till all the red.

Is there any tips for 200cc? Feels like even with breaking some turns are wayyy too precise, makes a lot of tracks not a whole lot of fun for me. Especially with all the chaos. x_x

Also I'm really glad they brought back battle mode proper. It rules now.

Syinn

Neo Member
Is there any tips for 200cc? Feels like even with breaking some turns are wayyy too precise, makes a lot of tracks not a whole lot of fun for me. Especially with all the chaos. x_x

Also I'm really glad they brought back battle mode proper. It rules now.

Depends on the track really. It's sometimes best to not do trick jumps as the boost from it might take you off the track. Etc.

bibs

Is there any chance of an update fixing the connection issues people are experiencing playing online with this game? I have put in over 100 hrs on the Wii U version online with almost no connection issues while here I can barely enter a race without encountering a communication error.

If Nintendo wanted to do that they would have a long time ago. They want MK to be random, chaotic, unfair and uncompetitive.

(I'm having a lot of fun with it, especially in GAF races, but yeah.)

I don't remember Mario Kart being this unbalanced with its items. Coins! At least give me something to defend myself with. At least don't make the only item to counter blueshells the most rare. Why are coins an item?

rabhw

2 questions...

Is there a way to select which game mode you play in battle mode besides picking a map and hoping it gets randomly selected? I'd like to only play a certain game type... I don't see any menu option at all

Is it a bug if I was in 5th place and got hit with the blue shell? Not hit on it's way to the person in first, but full-on smashed down on me. Person in first was nowhere near me, but possibly had finished the race already. Does it find the highest ranked person who hasn't finished yet?

I feel like the frequency of blue shells have increased with this one. In MK8, it was pretty uncommon to see two blue shells in a race from what I remember which I viewed as a huge improvement over MK Wii. I've run through two cups so far, and I saw two blue shells per race for at least half the races. I hope they didn't increase the rate..

Loving the battle mode though.

JaseMath

I feel like the frequency of blue shells have increased with this one. In MK8, it was pretty uncommon to see two blue shells in a race from what I remember which I viewed as a huge improvement over MK Wii. I've run through two cups so far, and I saw two blue shells per race for at least half the races. I hope they didn't increase the rate..

Loving the battle mode though.
MK8 was a blue shell shit show even on Wii U.

sviri

Maybe I'm on tilt. I don't trust myself to play 150cc grand prix in handheld mode because I may very well break the Switch into two fucking pieces

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I don't remember Mario Kart being this unbalanced with its items. Coins! At least give me something to defend myself with. At least don't make the only item to counter blueshells the most rare. Why are coins an item?

Because they have to give you SOMETHING, I guess. And that something can't be anything useful, because that would mess with the deeply unfair balance they have fine-tuned to perfection.

Crayon

This game needs serious re balancing of its items jesus christ.

I think that's just the game. A lot of people love it that way. I'm not crazy about it myself. I think I should have got fast rmx. Oh well. I'll be glad to have this when I get some people together.

Top Bottom