• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Had some great games with my fellow GAFfers today/tonight. This Discord voice chat thing is working out pretty well!

See you tomorrow for more chaos :D.

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
I can't believe I'm feeling nostalgic over a game that I last played two years ago. I guess maybe that's just a testament to how stupidly good Mario Kart 8 actually is.

Man, that last race. Was all set to win because I had a red shell, then it turned out that 3rd place had the same plan. OOPS.

buzzth

Made the best kart racing game even better. Unfortunately the issue of low music volume still persists here. I really wish they could add some audio options so I can turn up the music in multiplayer, it gets barely audible which is a shame considering the stellar soundtrack.

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
A blue shell hit me while I was in fourth. I didn't realize the first three had already finished so I didn't pay attention to it. Hubris was my downfall.

Neoxon

Blue shell in 5th, not cool. Neoxon!

I deserved it though, hit myself with a green shell in second.
I wish I could take credit for that, but I can't.

As for this current race, thanks to whoever tanked that Red Shell hit for me.

rabhw

2 questions...

Is there a way to select which game mode you play in battle mode besides picking a map and hoping it gets randomly selected? I'd like to only play a certain game type... I don't see any menu option at all

Is it a bug if I was in 5th place and got hit with the blue shell? Not hit on it's way to the person in first, but full-on smashed down on me. Person in first was nowhere near me, but possibly had finished the race already. Does it find the highest ranked person who hasn't finished yet?

Quoting self for new page. From reading the recent comments it seems like I'm right about #2..

So I played mk8 on the wii u but really disliked it a lot

A friend bought me this on switch for my birthday and the battle mode is seriously fantastic. So fun

13ruce

Banned
Anyone know how much coins are needed for all normal kart parts? Currently nearing 2000 (around 1600-1700 now).
Still no master cycle:(

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh my pro controller lost connection for a second and I came in third even though I had an easy first place victory

Goddamn it pro controller, why, I was actually going to win that

RAWRferal

My god this game is addictive.

They really nailed the drifting in this one, for some reason I could never get the hang of it on Wii, but this is really clicking for me, it feels super sweet pulling off drift boosts.

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
Wow I just whiffed two first place victories in a row. First time at least my controller was to blame... this time, nope I just took a bad drift and flew off the course. Man, I threw that race hard at the very last second.

Top Bottom