• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Holepunch

Does this game have random tire alignment? Like if I leave the left-stick neutral my cart drifts to the left or right, sometimes pretty drastically.

I honestly can't tell if it's a game feature or there's something wrong with my pro controller.

beta_fuse

Does this game have random tire alignment? Like if I leave the left-stick neutral my cart drifts to the left or right, sometimes pretty drastically.

I honestly can't tell if it's a game feature or there's something wrong with my pro controller.

I was having the same problem with my brother when we were playing with the joycons. We had to disable gyro/tilt steering and the problem went away.

foppy79

They added an auto-steer feature. I just turn it off because it overrides my inputs and annoys the shit outta me.

Also where did everyone go?

Holepunch

I was having the same problem with my brother when we were playing with the joycons. We had to disable gyro/tilt steering and the problem went away.
Didn't even think of that. Thanks.

But now I'll have no excuse for being a bottom percentile gaffer.
They added an auto-steer feature. I just turn it off because it overrides my inputs and annoys the shit outta me.
Nah I knew about that one. This was more like you have a permanent drift to one side the entire race. Probably how I was holding the controller without realizing it.

jokkir

This game is some goddamn bullshit. I never get good items and I always get hit by like a billion items right after the other

beta_fuse

Aaaaaaand last lol. GAF doesn't mess around when it comes to this game! My nickname is March by the way in case anyone else is in my lobby

jiiikoo

Banned
Got this yesterday and played the whole evening with my girlfriend. We had an absolute blast. Such a fun game, although we both sucked royally in the online mode.

Mr. F

Banned
Is it possibly to dodge red shells with super sharp mushroom speed boost turns? Or is that just a double dash thing

Davey Cakes

Got this yesterday and played the whole evening with my girlfriend. We had an absolute blast. Such a fun game, although we both sucked royally in the online mode.
I haven't experienced MK8DX online yet but honestly, MK8 on Wii U was always a really tough online experience. It was NOTHING like facing the CPU in traditional Grand Prix. Playing with GAF was something else.

At the prime of MK8's online activity, my brother and I would play and we'd be lucky to get in the top six of a twelve person race. It was a magical time, but also a harrowing one.

This is the essence of online Mario Kart. Brutal but always begging for more.

jiiikoo

Banned
I haven't experienced MK8DX online but honestly, MK8 on Wii U was always a really tough online experience. It was NOTHING like facing the CPU, especially when playing with GAF.

At the Prime of MK8's online activity, my brother and I would play and we'd be lucky to get in the top 6 of a twelve person race. It was a magical time, but also a harrowing one.

This is the essence of online Mario Kart. Brutal but always begging for more.

Yup. Both of us were almost crying when we came 11th and 12th, but after every race going "should we do one more? Hell yeah.." And we kept doing that for about 3 hours straight lol. Such a fun game. Also my girlfriend is in love with the Mooland (?) circuit. The cows are absolutely adorable.

Top Bottom