• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Piggus

Got some good race wins online, but the connection issues have been pretty bad for me. It's basically not a matter of if but when I'll be disconnected. In the last race I was in, I was in 3rd with a lap to go when it disconnected me. :/

jonno394

I hate Dolphin Shoals and Mount Wario so fucking much.

Just played these two myself in cup mode, the former I agree with, the latter I thought was rather unique, but difficult. Thankfully just as I slipped in to second place a few seconds before the finish line, the CPU blue shelled Toad right on the finish line :lol:

Branduil

Just played these two myself in cup mode, the former I agree with, the latter I thought was rather unique, but difficult. Thankfully just as I slipped in to second place a few seconds before the finish line, the CPU blue shelled Toad right on the finish line :lol:

It's nearly impossible to make up ground on Mount Wario if you fall behind the pack.

taoofjord

When you go over a jump that opens your parasail, is it better to stay airborne as long as possible or do you want to land asap? Not clear on whether you're slower in the air or not.

Branduil

They need to fix the stunlock bullshit in the next MK. So fucking sick of getting hit 10 times in a row and not being able to do anything.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I tried online with 3 friends yesterday, we created a tournament, shared the code and voila.

This game is exceptional, controls feel better than ever. The load times are so fast.

I also like it keeps individual stats, against people you play with:

CBOAI13.jpg

jts

...hate me...
Is there any point to getting 3 stars for everything?
There's at least the completionist reward.

In MK8 I seem to remember the game shows new art when on the menus, but I may be mistaking with something else.

Also, I really wish the trophies wouldn't stack.

There is definitely a CPU difficulty option in 1p Vs Race, don't know if it can be accessed in Grand Prix though.

Ah interesting. I've not tried 1p race since I just play GPS usually.

Difficulty options for the GPS would have been nice. Maybe they could have tied the 3 stars to 3 difficulties rather than getting first on every race. Because getting first on every race can be a bit luck orientated.

jts

...hate me...
...why

That's one of the best changes they made to MK8 imo. Not having to go through the slower speed classes is a godsend.
There's coins to collect anyway. I mean yes, it can be pretty boring to go through 50cc but what completionist grinding isn't a bit boring.

Going just through 200cc and completing it at all is a bit meh - granted it will still take a lot of time and attempts to do it anyway.

I know I can just make myself to go through 100cc and 150cc first but it feels a bit forced. If at least there was a small reward, like art, for 3 staring each class (even if they are achieved by stacking), it would be more of an incentive to go through some of the lower classes first, in order to get some of those faster.

No big deal, though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
In general, really enjoying this, but good lord is the UI atrocious. The vehicle stats overlay on the character select screen is a dark stain on all good design principles.

Bell Cup is my fave cup of all of MK I think. I never did play it during the Wii U DLC because I was so burned out on Mario Kart by then. I really missed out. Neo Bowser City gets a point for being during a storm (I love rain). Ribbon Road is gorgeous and the remake design is incredible. Super Bell Subway is alright, nothing stellar, but it's better than most of the "street" tracks. Finally Big Blue is just perfection, 3 stellar tracks all in one.

Top Bottom