• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
EU GAF you need to get up in that shit. Yesterday night I was pretty much the only European player in the 150cc GAF tourney. Everything was US. We had a blast with voice chat on Discord.

And now? Nobody's playing except me and Lady Siara in a bit.
Here's my Switch code: 0721-3399-8115

Feel free to add me.

Durock

Picked it up yesterday. A couple of friends and I played the multiplayer online for 7 straight hours! Used the party chat on Xbox One to communicate lol

tumblr_op6kmsytoU1vj0cvvo1_1280.jpg

cool uber driver

random25

People really need to stop chasing the current star holder and instead cut him off. Also, please stop shooting anybody else but the star holder. No wonder it’s easy to win in this mode. Just get the star first and drive away with it. The last time I had it, I just made circles and people kept following me.

My problem lies more on picking up the shine. I'm too fast to pick it up on a turn. If I go slow, it gets intercepted by another.

Exentryk

EU GAF you need to get up in that shit. Yesterday night I was pretty much the only European player in the 150cc GAF tourney. Everything was US. We had a blast with voice chat on Discord.

Feel free to add me.

EU numbers are pretty low for karting. I'll join you guys by Friday, but I don't expect the numbers going up by much.

feel

In general, really enjoying this, but good lord is the UI atrocious. The vehicle stats overlay on the character select screen is a dark stain on all good design principles.
That is SO BAD. What were they thinking not putting that shit on some corner of the screen at all times.

The replay saving and lack of clear communication about the control assists are also confusing offenders.

My goodness... Mk8 Deluxe is shockingly beautiful. I have never played the Wii U version and I only played a little bit with the 3DS' MK7. Holy cow, does that game look good on the switch screen 0_ô

Jazzem

So if some people want to add me, i need more friends who play time trial! I'm not enven really into multiplayer races lol.

SW-6203-0155-5536

Added :) I always find friend leaderboards are the best motivation for things like time trials, more so than global ones.

wartama

Neo Member
So what are the best wheels for bikes? Cos I just unlocked the Funky Monster wheels and its drifting and controlling was much better for me, but when I competed against my ghost which was using the normal wheel I couldn't win against it.

Is the normal wheels actually fast, or is it just me not being able to control other wheels well?

I am unable to play online. Every time I try, I am disconnected after a few minutes/seconds. I don't think the switch OT is still up so anyone willing to help? I can only use my phone for WiFi, H+, 2,5Mbs reception, 1,5Mbs receiving. On my Switch I get the WiFi signal at its max. I changed my DNS as advised by Nintendo. Never had any prob with my 3ds. Given the focus on online for upcoming switch games, this makes me a bit nervous. Please heeeeelp!

wartama

Neo Member
Also playing as Link in Big Blue is something I never imagined I would be able to do in a Mario Kart game XD So good...

Forkball

Not pointing any fingers here, but I've come to suspect people are NOT using tilt controls, despite enthusiastic proclamations.

Shahadan

I am unable to play online. Every time I try, I am disconnected after a few minutes/seconds. I don't think the switch OT is still up so anyone willing to help? I can only use my phone for WiFi, H+, 2,5Mbs reception, 1,5Mbs receiving. On my Switch I get the WiFi signal at its max. I changed my DNS as advised by Nintendo. Never had any prob with my 3ds. Given the focus on online for upcoming switch games, this makes me a bit nervous. Please heeeeelp!

When you do a test what's your NAT result?

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Spent my day getting three stars in all the 200cc Grand Prix and there's no prize :(

At least I feel more confident in that speed class now. Grumble Volcano and Donut Plains can still go fuck themselves.

Nice that AI fucks up in 200cc, I was dreading racing against perfect AI, which is why I never touched it in the Wii U version.

Ninja Dom

Feel free to add me.

I was with you. Ninjadom from U.K.

69wpm

What NAT Type do you have? Check in settings by doing a speed test. A is open, B is moderate and C is restricted; D = no online gaming for you.

Flintty

I just got an email from Amazon offering £10 off my first Prime Now order. I'll have MK8 within the hour. I don't often double dip but this game is so worth it. Can't wait!

SuperSah

Banned

Feel free to add me.

I was in it too lol

jts

...hate me...
Can't play splitscreen handheld mode + another controller? What a silly restriction, Nintendo.

Mr. Hyde

I've never games with neogaf before. When I get home, I need to find my friend code and get on that. Mario kart 8 in the switch is so much fun online. Playing on the couch while my baby watches cartoons is so nice.

69wpm

Whats the EU code guys for the tourny?

Quote the topic.

I'm getting so many communication errors... What the hell? The online mode used to work just fine on the Wii U...

Same here. It was smooth as hell on Wii U and now I keep getting a lot of errors. Another weird thing happening: When you connect to a lobby, sometimes it loads up the match as a spectator but it has just finished. It seems so random, why not throw me right into the course selection?

spekkeh

Banned
Ugh really not a fan of the double item slots. Way too many items now. The balance shifted back from racing to lottery online.

Top Bottom