• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Shahadan

I've been doing mostly battles so far so doing races again today it's interesting to see how the Wii U days are long gone for me lol
I don't remember most of the tracks.

Complete, 3 star, win, or what?

Sounds like a fun challenge. I definitely don't think I could 3 star them all with certain character and kart combinations.

Just win! I can't get the right line for the last corner on rainbow road.

Edit: it also appears that they got rid of the youtube upload for mario kart tv.

Is it just me or do blue shells appear way more often in Grand Prix compared to online multi?

My experience in Gaf 150CC room is quite the opposite. There seems to be some sort of rule where I'm not allowed to win, but they only let me know on the final lap. Sometimes I wonder if the items aren't glitched into Frantic mode in that lobby =P

Firebrand

Wow, the end of Grumble Volcano (I think?).... so many shells.

Like how stable connections in the GAF lobby are, even when people are on the other side of the world. I go random matchmaking and it's dropped connection every third game or so.

Roo

They need to fix the stunlock bullshit in the next MK. So fucking sick of getting hit 10 times in a row and not being able to do anything.
lol they actually fixed that in this game. It was way worse before.
In the Wii U version, there were no invincibility frames at all, meaning you could get hit while still being in hitstun from a previous hit.
Shit was annoying. At least in Deluxe they let you finish the animation before getting rekt again.

Exentryk

lol they actually fixed that in this game. It was way worse before.
In the Wii U version, there were no invincibility frames at all, meaning you could get hit while still being in hitstun from a previous hit.
Shit was annoying. At least in Deluxe they let you finish the animation before getting rekt again.

That's good to hear.

Does each character handle differently in this game or is handling only affected by vehicle and tyre choice?

Lighter characters have better handling than heavier characters. Parts also have handling stats.

Appleman

There's coins to collect anyway. I mean yes, it can be pretty boring to go through 50cc but what completionist grinding isn't a bit boring.

Going just through 200cc and completing it at all is a bit meh - granted it will still take a lot of time and attempts to do it anyway.

I know I can just make myself to go through 100cc and 150cc first but it feels a bit forced. If at least there was a small reward, like art, for 3 staring each class (even if they are achieved by stacking), it would be more of an incentive to go through some of the lower classes first, in order to get some of those faster.

No big deal, though.

Am I crazy or does 200cc not get you trophies for the slower classes?! Do I have to do 150 as well?

Ammogeddon

I'm loaded with questions today, sorry gaf.

At the end of a time trial, at the top left of the screen is an option to press X which adds a star; 0/6.

I added a star but have no idea what's it's about. What is it for?

ajim

Can we all agree that dolphin shoals has probably the worst Mario kart track theme ever. It's distracting and physically hurts me. I had to turn the volume off on that track when going for my 3 stars.

Anyone else here skipped the Wii U and is a bit stunned by how good this game is?

I was playing it yesterday on the handheld and man, it's so weird to play something this good on a portable. With this game I feel like the Switch has fully delivered on its premise, at least for me. BOTW delivered on the huge single player experience and this delivers on multyplayer and pickup & play.

Can't wait for stuff like Odyssey, Smash, Xenoblade...the hardware alone 2xes my hype for those games. Really enjoying the undocked experience.

Ninja Dom

Anyone else here skipped the Wii U and is a bit stunned by how good this game is?

I was playing it yesterday on the handheld and man, it's so weird to play something this good on a portable. With this game I feel like the Switch has fully delivered on its premise, at least for me. BOTW delivered on the huge single player experience and this delivers on multyplayer and pickup & play.

Can't wait for stuff like Odyssey, Smash, Xenoblade...the hardware alone 2xes my hype for those games. Really enjoying the undocked experience.

Can this game qualify for some of the best graphics we've seen on console this year?

Two Bullet Bills :D

C-qMaJFVYAAGKjl.jpg:large

Can this game qualify for some of the best graphics we've seen on console this year?

Definitely the best we've seen on a handheld so far.

What are the chances of more DLC happening? I'm kind of expecting a Kirby crossover because of the 25th anniversary, like an Air Ride track redone in Mario Kart. I'm hoping for Pacman because of the Arcade GP series.

Grizzo

Where is everybody at? There's no one to be found in the GAF lobbies

Hope I'll find some of my old MK8 Wii U pals, it was really fun playing with GAF back then, and I think this is gonna be just as much fun

JonnyKong

I remember when this came out for the Wii U, Nintendo took to social media to promote the fact a million copies were sold on opening weekend. Wonder if they'll do the same again.

Hope I'll find some of my old MK8 Wii U pals, it was really fun playing with GAF back then, and I think this is gonna be just as much fun

There are less active hours, but at peak time there's a good amount of GAF-folk playing. And yeah, it is a ton of fun!

Quite early here in the US especially off the east coast

orioto

Good Art™
So if some people want to add me, i need more friends who play time trial! I'm not enven really into multiplayer races lol.

SW-6203-0155-5536

69wpm

I suck at shine thief lol.

People really need to stop chasing the current star holder and instead cut him off. Also, please stop shooting anybody else but the star holder. No wonder it’s easy to win in this mode. Just get the star first and drive away with it. The last time I had it, I just made circles and people kept following me.

Top Bottom