• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Direct now online

Tregard

Soothsayer
Bmd-Mf4CYAE9acg.png

MK8 + WWHD

mcmmaster

"Players will be able to use voice chat to talk with their friends before and after races" Awww man, no chatting during races

Lucifon

Holy shit, the free game deal is from retail and eShop copies! In the Direct the woman outright says "Retail or eShop". You need to be a club nintendo user, and just register the game before July it sounds like.

EU only???

But EU already got the Super Mario kart deal!!! We have nothing over here!
Thing is UK eShop price will be £49.99 for the game while you can find retail versions for £39.99 (or even eShop download codes from GAME for the that price) if not less as a consequence of RRP not being enforceable (that is called price fixing). Basically we need an added incentive to use the eShop.

Edit: Wait America gets a reduced version of the scheme that works with physical too?
Edit: Wait European is physical too?

Hasney

I'm confused. You guys are saying eShop, but the official twitter posted this

Bmd-rypIgAALOFM.png:large

Just says Register.

Oh ace. Probably still be eShop since I bought Super Mario Kart, but will have a quick check to see if I can get it yet cheaper.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
OH WOW
I hate this new way of upload Directs without any advice.
Gonna see it now.
Btw, the eshop promo is GREAT, considering the quality of those titles! and don't forget that there was/is also the promo for SuperMarioKart on the VC too.
Too bad I love Nintendo's collector editions and their latest cover for retail games: I've already ordered MK8 retail

EDIT:
I'm confused. You guys are saying eShop, but the official twitter posted this

Bmd-rypIgAALOFM.png:large

Just says Register.

Wait, WHAT!? if so..:GREAT! I've preordered the game, so I'll register it within the expiration date and I still don't have Game&Wario!!! GREAT!!!

im an idiot dunno how to put an image up on here but heres a link to the screenshot I took of the games being offered to american gamers for buying and registering mk8. They didn't specifically say it had to be on the eshop either. http://imgur.com/2wOXRNC

Top Bottom