• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Direct now online

From the tournament options it seems like item customization may be restricted again eg. mushrooms only. Hoping that isn't the case.

Guys, should I get Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker HD?

Yeah, I know I'm not a Zelda fan, but Wind Waker was the most appealing of all the Zelda games I played, and I stopped playing due to technical problems on my end, not boredom or frustration.

PetrCobra

Wasn't gonna buy this on launch, but yeah... Wind Waker HD will be mine.

Already have all the others except for G&W (a budget title in my eyes) and the Sonic games (can't say I have any interest in them, really), and NSMBU (sorry Mario, my favorite Zelda wins)

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, should I get Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker HD?

Yeah, I know I'm not a Zelda fan, but Wind Waker was the most appealing of all the Zelda games I played, and I stopped playing due to technical problems on my end, not boredom or frustration.

You honestly can't go wrong with either. I really do love Pikmin 3, it's got tons of replay value and it's just generally a game you can't find anywhere else. Plus it uses the Gamepad for real features. Still, Wind Waker is an excellent game, you can't go wrong with either.

I hate it too but I understand why they'd have Metal Peach: there are too many light racers and not enough heavy racers. Simple as that.
My question is simple. Who is heavier, Metal Peach or Rosalina? (I don't know why I'm reminded that some of the heavy Pokemon has the density of Styrofoam) Or is Rosalina's weight issue something that has been retconned.

Hmm so European countries that doesn't have a Club Nintendo won't be able to take advantage of this deal?
Correct. But if you buy a physical copy that comes with a slip (say import from the UK) and set up a Club Nintendo account you should still get the code. Check for any small print (e.g. do you need that to be linked to a Wii U...if so make an NNID for that country)

VariantX

Just finding the idea of multiple versions of the same characters a bit silly. Could have had others in the game like kamek, birdo or diddy

iMax

Actual dialogue.

Jenny: 8, but that’s so many!
Steve: Right, but that’s just about the amount you deserve, Jenny.
Jenny: Oh, you.

lewisgone

Wait....baby Rosalina....AND Metal Peach? Hahaha, seriously? Show Nabbit some love, Nintendo. Or the many, many other Mario characters that haven't ever turned up. I suppose those characters must have been easy to make...but c'mon. At least it was Metal Peach and not Metal Rosalina, I think that would have caused some people on GAF to have a breakdown.

Everything else looked amazing though. The tracks and music seem incredible, I'm blown away. This is one of the best looking games I've ever seen, I can't believe it's finally so close to release.
And I can't play it for 13 days after that!

Varjet

That Direct was really schizophrenic.
Also, those are like the two worst "new" characters that they could have possibly chosen.
/only ever uses Mario
Still seems weird they didn't mention Battle Mode at all.

plufim

There are THIRTY characters, people. And ALL of the koopa kids.

The whining about a few of them is just sad

edit: the live music from ~26:00 is good stuff.

ngower

This Direct is almost as strange as the Tomodachi one...

The free game promo and the bundle have me sold on a Wii U. Will bite when it comes out.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Okay, I'm sold

So the best way to go would be:
$200 Refurbished Wii U from Nintendo + $60 preorder MK8 from Best Buy = Wii U Deluxe, Nintendoland, MK8, and one of the 4 free games + $10 gift "gas" card (a gift credit card) for $260

Probably, you'll also get a 10% of eshop points downloading one of those games (if the Wii U is a Premium one), if the cost of the game you'll download (for example Wii Party U) is 40$ you'll get something about 400 points. reaching 500 points' you'll receive a 5$ download code for the eshop

novenD

Highlight upload to Miiverse AND Youtube!

Voice chat confirmed for lobbies on NA Direct.

Bmd-Mf4CYAE9acg.png

5mPQjR9.gif

Nintendo

Top Bottom