• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Direct now online

Lucifon

Also - Watch race highlights in Mario Kart TV - and share your videos on YouTube and Miiverse. Can edit clips with slow motion etc too.

emb

Only watched the first couple of minutes so far. But I don't like that it's just uploaded... as always, could have been a good opportunity to let a livestream get hyped up. I also don't like the professional narrator or whatever. Ruins the feel. I love that Konno is featured though. The game's developer should always be the one presenting on a specific game (and usually is).

Thoraxes

Yo those kart customizations.

CUM4aUM.png

Dat baby Rosalina.

Gartooth

So Baby Rosalina and Metal Peach are the last characters? What a complete joke, especially when they could have included Diddy and the other Kong's instead. Can't wait for Mario Kart 9 to get Metal Luigi, Metal Rosalina, Baby Wario, and Baby Waluigi.

Also - Watch race highlights in Mario Kart TV - and share your videos on YouTube and Miiverse. Can edit clips with slow motion etc too.

What's that....? Nintendo is finally starting it's slow crawl into the modern age? Another Well Played to Nintendo.

batbeg

Amazing promotion. Sucks our choices are more limited in the us, but I've been looking to get Wind Waker HD for a while so yay.

Only watched the Game explain video so far. Yoshi's Valley looks incredible!

So Baby Rosalina and Metal Peach are the last characters? What a complete joke, especially when they could have included Diddy and the other Kong's instead. Can't wait for Mario Kart 9 to get Metal Luigi, Metal Rosalina, Baby Wario, and Baby Waluigi.

I hate it too but I understand why they'd have Metal Peach: there are too many light racers and not enough heavy racers. Simple as that.

Hasney

Trying to watch the EU video and the announcers are unbearable. Might try again later on the US one if it's different.

Amazing promotion. Sucks our choices are more limited in the us, but I've been looking to get Wind Waker HD for a while so yay.

Only watched the Game explain video so far. Yoshi's Valley looks incredible!

Likewise, even with EU's bigger selection, I was going to likely get WWHD anyways.

Register just means on Club Nintendo right? So if I don't get a Wii U before July 31, I can still buy the game at retail, register it, and get a download code?

FryHole

Only watched the first couple of minutes so far. But I don't like that it's just uploaded... as always, could have been a good opportunity to let a livestream get hyped up. I also don't like the professional narrator or whatever. Ruins the feel. I love that Konno is featured though. The game's developer should always be the one presenting on a specific game (and usually is).

I love the narrator - that's proper old school Public Information Film voice work that is, any more incongruently serious and it'd be Mr. Cholmondley-Warner.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm confused. You guys are saying eShop, but the official twitter posted this

Bmd-rypIgAALOFM.png:large

Just says Register.

People that don't have The Wonderful 101 better get The Wonderful 101!

This Direct is great.
Super Horn is a gamechanger!

Voice and text chat confirmed in lobby area. Worldwide Regional Friends and tournament modes. Looks like you can hold your own tournament and set what items you want etc.

-KRS-

Holy shit, the free game deal is from retail and eShop copies! In the Direct the woman outright says "Retail or eShop". You need to be a club nintendo user, and just register the game before July it sounds like.

Hmm so European countries that doesn't have a Club Nintendo won't be able to take advantage of this deal?

mcmmaster

Any mention of voice chat?Not that it matters, just for those nagging about it...

"Like to trash-talk your friends while you’re preparing for a race? You’re in luck! Mario Kart 8 lets players chat with one another in the lobby area using the Wii U GamePad microphone or text phrases as they wait for their friends to join."

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I'm confused. You guys are saying eShop, but the official twitter posted this

Bmd-rypIgAALOFM.png:large

Just says Register.

Whoa, what a great promotion! Is this also in the US?

thefro

Okay, I'm sold

So the best way to go would be:
$200 Refurbished Wii U from Nintendo + $60 preorder MK8 from Best Buy = Wii U Deluxe, Nintendoland, MK8, and one of the 4 free games + $10 gift "gas" card (a gift credit card) for $260

If you beat dev ghost times you earn stamps. Mario Kart tv allows you to watch highlight reels. You can upload your own videos. You can comment on reels too. You can also upload directly to youtube as well.

Salvadora

Those "new" characters are so lame considering the vast Mario universe they have to choose from. Bring King Boo or Petey Piranha back , for fuck sake.

Christ.

Top Bottom