• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This GC Yoshi circuit is my favorite of all, used to compete with ghosts from my friends for months on it.

RagnarokX

iok7Q7OrKmZTe.jpg

This sign says "HYRULE FIELD" in ALBW Hylian.

dunno, I can join just fine and the settings are almost identical to the frantic one

You have to add the code first. But if you're doing that, then not sure :(
How do I do that? I search for the tournament in its respective menu, it's recognized and the only options I'm seeing are "Join" and "View ranking."

Whoever made the room needs to check the settings. Probably has a minimum VR requirement or something set up that shouldn't be there. Not your fault.
Oh.

Jackano

Can someone post beautiful screens of Hyrule Field with Link and `Eponator` please?
I'm stuck at work and want to repin some :)

Just played through both cups as Link. Man, absolutely fucking spectacular. Every course is either a well-designed classic or brings something truly new to the table. I was smiling the whole time. I smiled every time Link made a ridiculous grunting noise. I smiled when I saw that the coins were replaced with rupees on Hyrule Circuit. Best $6 DLC I've ever heard of.

Kinsei

Banned
I have a couple of questions before I pick up the DLC.

1. How are the Gobblegut and ice tracks that they showed off in the Direct?

2. Did they ever patch out fire hopping?

daydream

Banned
I have a couple of questions before I pick up the DLC.

1. How are the Gobblegut and ice tracks that they showed off in the Direct?

1. I really like all the DLC tracks.

2. Don't think so. Better join us now while a lot of people are playing. Once it's down to the MK8 GAF regulars, you (and I) won't have much fun.

Doubled over with joy on hearing the Hyrule Circuit item block sound effect. Pity there aren't any new Miiverse stamps, though that hasn't stopped me from clearing as many staff ghosts as I can.

Delstius

Just did every course once, amazing DLC. Great attention to details as always and awesome music. LoZ and Mute city tracks are my favorite.
And to think this is just half of it.

Mory Dunz

Why patch it out? I like it. Adds some more skill and danger in a way. Because you have to decide whether to do that last jump or to make sure you're right on the track.

Unless only certain vehicles can use it? I'm not 100% on its details.

Oidisco

I'm still a little iffy on Hyrule Circuit. It's fun but as I said before I really wish there was a little more too it.
My ideal Zelda course would be along the lines of Mount Wario, where you go on a tour of the different areas of Hyrule like Kokiri Forest, Death Mountain, Zoras Domain and ending at Hyrule Castle.

Canti

Doubled over with joy on hearing the Hyrule Circuit item block sound effect. Pity there aren't any new Miiverse stamps, though that hasn't stopped me from clearing as many staff ghosts as I can.

Agreed, I have 90/90 stamps and was hoping some new stamp unlocks would add longevity (Grand Prix, Time Trials etc). That said, I'll probably do all those things anyway and the DLC is fantastic value for money, but I'm a little bummed as it'd be a relatively cheap/quick addition compared to all the effort already put in.

Marow

Europe here, how do I get Mario Kart 8 to update? It hasn't updated x_x'
Unless I need to wait till the eShop updates over here?

Platy

Just finished the Egg-Cup on Grand-Prix to familiarize with the new tracks... What can I say. This is DLC of the year!!! this actually doesn't feel like DLC, it feels more like an Expansion Pack because each track is extremely polished and detailed and charming and colorful. And then there's the Mute City track! I've never imagine I would be racing as Link in a Mario Kart game while driving the Blue-Falcon in a F-Zero themed track. Well done, Nintendo. VERY FREAKING WELL DONE <3

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01szs3a.jpg

I will join online racing with you guys tomorrow! It's 4 am here and I'm exhausted x_x

FYO10Fn.png

Link is related to Rosalina ? xD

Tsunamo

This DLC's fantastic. The music, the course design, the detail put into the tracks, everything.

I'm not much of a fan of Ice Ice Outpost as much as the other tracks but I do like being able to branch out from one side to the other most of the time despite it being a small couse. I might join the GAF tournaments for some fun later, would be better to play with some GAFers rather than just random people online.

Will probably be back on in an hour. That was great, cheers guys. Also if any of you want to add me to you friends list, NNID is Gilki82, same as my PSN name.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Just finished the Egg-Cup on Grand-Prix to familiarize with the new tracks... What can I say. This is DLC of the year!!! this actually doesn't feel like DLC, it feels more like an Expansion Pack because each track is extremely polished and detailed and charming and colorful. And then there's the Mute City track! I've never imagine I would be racing as Link in a Mario Kart game while driving the Blue-Falcon in a F-Zero themed track. Well done, Nintendo. VERY FREAKING WELL DONE <3

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01szs3a.jpg

I will join online racing with you guys tomorrow! It's 4 am here and I'm exhausted x_x

Why is Link's crotch sparkling!?

Top Bottom