• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
oh no, is not only one game, ive been trying to 3 star everything and there have been times when i have to redo everything (really wish the game had a restart race option) because of this, if you had a player just right behind you is completely understandable but when they are that far back it really makes no sense at all, anyway, in case anyone wants to play some MP feel free to add me, i go by the same name as here on GAF

if you can't 3 star the PC on a tourney more than half the time you are not very good at MK yet. 3 stars is no picnic, but once you are good, it's pretty easy you'll still get the dick a few times though.

mariokart is poker, even with 4 aces you'll still get screwed now an then.

Now at 4 and counting costumes without having to buy any amiibo. You see, my bro's becoming an amiibo addict... So while he's addicted to Smash and makes it hard to get on the Wii U at least I get something out of it.

Roo

I can't believe it actually took me this long to realize we race backwards in N64 Rainbow Road

A friend told me about it and I was like no fucking way..
Well, he was right. Map is upside down in the MK8 version
ibrogljn7vVCYU.png

Basically, this is how it should have been

I said wow..!

I just purchased a Wii U 20 dollar card..is purchasing the DLC for Mario Kart 8 worth purchasing? Not sure if I have enough room on my internal memory for the entire set so would it be possible to put it all on external or should I try keeping it on internal

ffdgh

I just purchased a Wii U 20 dollar card..is purchasing the DLC for Mario Kart 8 worth purchasing? Not sure if I have enough room on my internal memory for the entire set so would it be possible to put it all on external or should I try keeping it on internal

Most definitely. If you have atlease 1 or 2 GB space left, you're set.

I can't believe it actually took me this long to realize we race backwards in N64 Rainbow Road

A friend told me about it and I was like no fucking way..
Well, he was right. Map is upside down in the MK8 version

Basically, this is how it should have been

I said wow..!

It looks to be the same except that the in-game maps are flipped around from one another. You go down the long stretch first in Mario Kart 8.

On the middle map, you start by driving "downwards."

Roo

It looks to be the same except that the in-game maps are flipped around from one another. You go down the long stretch first in Mario Kart 8.

On the middle map, you start by driving "downwards."

Wonder why they decided to do this.
Unless I'm wrong, it's the only track with such drastic change.
All retro tracks and maps are pretty much the same as their original version.

edit: what I'd give for N64 Bowser's Castle to be a DLC retro track :(

I had some of the worst races. Especially getting hit by red shells so many times + blue shells. I managed to still take first place in two tracks where I got hit by red shells and blue shells. On the DK track, I got hit by two blue shells and still managed 1st place. I've reached 5k points though there are others who reached 10-20+k points. I don't see myself ever reaching to that amount.

Top Bottom