• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

ffdgh

Soo....Who else is going to do a complete run through of all the 200cc cups before heading online?
KuGsj.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yup, that Grumble Volcano shortcut right after entering the volcano..? expect more of those.

By the way, will this speed effect TT? because if so, I feel sorry for everyone who worked their ass for a WR lol

I wonder if 200cc is allowed in TT because it seem that it will have it's own button, right?

I never brake in MK. This will be the end of me.

That's true lol.

I occasionally use brake in specific situation.

150cc Frantic GAF is not easy by any means
200cc will only kill what's left of our friendship

What friendships?

Soo....Who else is going to do a complete run through of all the 200cc cups before heading online?
KuGsj.gif
Me.

Also, reading that 200cc thread... Pop Quiz time!

What does firehopping do?
A) Make you go faster during a strong boost.
B) Extend your boost.
C) Makes it so Exentryk, a sport bike user, doesn't stand a chance.
D) Makes it so that a lightweight can beat a non-firehopping heavyweight with complete ease.

I won't mind if 200cc removes firehopping but I doubt they'll ever touch it in lower CCs because it would require messing with the physics, resetting TTs, and other icky things.

Exentryk

Me.

Also, reading that 200cc thread... Pop Quiz time!

What does firehopping do?
A) Make you go faster during a strong boost.
B) Extend your boost.
C) Makes it so Exentryk, a sport bike user, doesn't stand a chance.
D) Makes it so that a lightweight can beat a non-firehopping heavyweight with complete ease.

I won't mind if 200cc removes firehopping but I doubt they'll ever touch it in lower CCs because it would require messing with the physics, resetting TTs, and other icky things.

Haha, nice quiz. And yeah, I don't think firehopping is going anywhere. They'd have patched in the previous updates if they really wanted to.

Roo

It's a really small detail and probably no one cares but the clock in the starting line banner actually changes depending on the time of the day you're racing :p

In those screenshots the time is 5:00pm and 8:00pm

ffdgh

It'll be him and bowser riding their pimp mobile from 3D world.

No seriously, that car should have been a no brainer for this game.

Roo

Man he looks good. Love HD Nintendo games.
ikr?
Can't wait *-*

I love they actually went the extra mile with the Animal Crossing track.
Every season has it's own lighting, textures, shadows and small details that make them different.
I thought Excitebike was already great but they did it even better this time.

jorgejjvr

I'm interested into getting into the mk8 hype again, I lended the game to a buddy, hopefully I get it back

Do you guys still prefer frantic?

Top Bottom