• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Dizzy

Banned
Put wii u and disc in.

- lengthy system update

- mario kart update

and then just when I think im good to go,NOW it downloads the dlc! The game update didnt include the dlc it seems.

Just let me play already!! I've been waiting all day for this!

Wonder what an F-Zero using the Mute City track graphical style would be like? Like a modern version of the SNES style rather than the darker GX look.

Seik

Banned
Come on 5 o'clock... Cannot wait to get home so I can play these courses!

Tell me bout it.

I'm having a slow day, on top of everything. D:

Can't wait to beat you all
for the first or second lap then get blue/red shell'd to oblivion, oblivion being 12th place, AS ALWAYS.

So this has been happening for a while now but I'll ask in case any one has any ideas....on the mario kart 8 online course select screen it still shows my old mii name (Dange). In the race however, Incite shows up. I'd like them both to show Incite, but I'm not sure what's happening here.

Kade

I wanted to end on Mute City but I guess this was fine too. We definitely should have a DLC only tourney though. :/

E-phonk

Banned
Put wii u and disc in.

- lengthy system update

- mario kart update

and then just when I think im good to go,NOW it downloads the dlc! The game update didnt include the dlc it seems.

Why didn't you put your WiiU in auto update mode? I just had to install the DLC when I came home from work (EU).

Oidisco

Reposting since it was at the bottom of the last page:

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but since the update this morning I've been having almost zero lag problems with the game. No trailing red shells, no getting hit by "invisible items" and almost all my items actually hit people properly unlike before where a greenshell would hit someone and not affect them.

Anyone else notice this?

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but since the update this morning I've been having almost zero lag problems with the game. No trailing red shells, no getting hit by "invisible items" and almost all my items actually hit people properly unlike before where a greenshell would hit someone and not affect them.

Anyone else notice this?

I haven't noticed.

Teknoman

Tell me bout it.

I'm having a slow day, on top of everything. D:

Can't wait to beat you all
for the first or second lap then get blue/red shell'd to oblivion, oblivion being 12th place, AS ALWAYS.

I still feel Normal GAF is best GAF :p

Wonder what an F-Zero using the Mute City track graphical style would be like? Like a modern version of the SNES style rather than the darker GX look.

I'd really like that. It would be a little more of a step up from F-Zero X imo, and a step in the right direction.

That being said, anyone else getting Youtube upload errors?

So did anyone notice a difference in item balance in normal mode? I only got a coin once that race.

I got a bullet bill in fourth place some time ago. Never seen that happen; maybe it was always a thing and just really rare. I think it's about the same though; I get the same amount of coins as usual I think.

Jagsrock

Banned
The DLC has exceeded my expectations, it's really amazing how fantastic the courses look and they have great tunes to boot. It's so surreal firing shells with link in a blue falcon on Yoshi Circuit.

Roo

Anyone else notice this?
I'm pretty sure Hypno ran into an invisible item last night so at least that problem still exists.

NTom64

Man is Hyrule Circuit a bitch to do on the Master Cycle.

I don't know if it's just because I switched to using Karts exclusively when MK8 came out (used to main Wario's bike in MKWii), but most of the time I just end up crashing into walls or over drifting.

Thankfully the other Karts in the DLC pack handle like a dream.

Wait! Since when can you play online two player with both people picking their NNID so that their rating is affected?! This is great news!

Also does each player get to keep their coins for their own file? (I'm guessing not)

After playing the dlc tracks online with gaffers i have to retract of my previous list. The ice outpost is pretty good now that i got the hang of it and wasnt against the cheater CPU.
I put that on the dragons position (I think it was 6th) and the dragon one goes to last. The curve inside the cave is nearly unplayable with bikes.

People not choosing ever (or only choosing the only one they like) DLC tracks in the DLC gaf tourney need to stop. That mode was done to play those tracks. I dont like some of them, but still will chose them becuase i know other people will like to play them. I can understand choosing a normal race if the dlc race appears after it has just been repeated though.

There so much hate for the excitebike track in the chosing race part it saddens me. That track is great and even when I dont win is fun as hell.

Otherwise I had a great time playing online, although I didnt seem to recognise any gaffer username (jorgegr... was the only one, and he exit after being hit in two races by a blue shell while going first for the major part of the race, poor chap lol).

Kalaidos

Neo Member
Last item lightning on 6th place.

I thought I switched to NormalGAF? : D

Also, high five to whoever is using the C. Falcon Mii !

I am loving the Zelda track. Hit all the switches to activate a boost shortcut! Item box music! Rupees!

Also, has anyone seen people showing off their amiibo outfits online? They somehow got some amiibos early.

Yeah come on, pick DLC levels.

Its funny when excitebike or yoshi circuit appears and half of the group chooses random, or a guy (*cough*c. falcon*cough*) chooses always random until iceice outpost appears.
Then the randomizer selects a guy with the dlc track lol Thank god it happened to me always when people did that.

uhhhmm guys?!?

how awesome is this zelda remix on the hyrule track??? oO
I can't stand this... My body wasn't ready
Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyXdhKtw338

Jamie OD

Put wii u and disc in.

- lengthy system update

- mario kart update

Going through the same scenario right now.

Come on, come on, come on!!!

Top Bottom