• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Strider

That disclaimer is more towards those with digital content downloaded in their consoles.
If you know you have more than enough memory available then you don't have anything to worry about.

Ok good. I was just making sure that wasn't actually a requirement because that sounded really weird... but I get why that's there. I'll be tight on space but I go all physical for everything else so I can make it work. Thanks.

OmegaFax

OP has been updated to include the Normal Mode Tournament for those who can't take Frantic's awesomeness

ikFjzyQIKaF5h.png

DLC IS MANDATORY TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT
DLC NORMAL MODE

Can we add lobby that has a DLC-only track selection?

Fun games, all. I think that's the most times I've ever been so close to someone at the finish line that I could bump them away from their place.

Apex_Predator

Neo Member
Just finished playing both cups with both Tanooki Super Mario Bro and Link. Really enjoyed the cups. My favorite level is probably Excite Bike followed by Mute City. The sense of speed in both of those tracks is exhilarating. I'm loving Tanooki Super Mario Bro. He's probably going to replace Yoshi as my go to character. Wasn't really feeling Link. I didn't like his handling too much, but he looks awesome in-game.

Lol that booster pad that disappears randomly in Hyrule Circuit
It's not random, you have to hit the third speed boost crystal to activate it.

Azure J

The Toad Outpost level with the crisscrossing paths is a very cool idea

It basically does what Electrodome tried better. Wish there was more antigrav though. The first time on that track is also rough as fuck since you aren't prepared for how slippery the track is.

I wish Ice Ice Outpost was a little more elaborate, like that one non-DLC Yoshi track. It's a cool idea but too limited in scope.

3rd place at finish line, get hit 3 consecutive red shells, 12 place

Mario Kart
Try getting hit by 7 red shells when you're 4th.

Frantic is the Mario Kart Wii of Mario Kart 8. There is no joy to be had.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Some of you are suicidal. Slamming me off the track into a wall and careening off yourself. I'm freaking Bowser, I'm not supposed to be pushed around!

xandaca

Haven't played this in a while and gone from being decent-ish to remarkably terrible. Boring Hyrule aside, the new tracks are pretty good though, with Excitebike, Mute City and Dragon Driftway being particularly enjoyable.

Vena

My friend and I woke up super early just to play.

We had a blast, can't wait to play more.

Query: For playing with GAF can I drag my friend in as well whenever he's around?

Finally got time to play. All levels are nice. Excitebike and Rainbow Road is kind of eh. Lots of detail to Link. Even his horn is unique. His bike looks awesome but I just can't use it because of how it plays. Hylian Kite is really nice though. Annoying Nintendo didn't make a DLC-only playlist, but at least there's a playlist for those with DLC only (albeit with all levels).

Time to have a look at the GAF rooms!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Half that race I just heard BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP because I was surrounded by stars and bullets. Can't believe I wasn't in last.

Tuck

Ice Ice Outpost is a god-tier track.

Excite Bike is... okay. Rainbow Road is the one track I really wish wasn't included though. Hate those retro tracks.

Top Bottom