• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Enforced

Oh, I passed Enforced! Yay?
Hardly impressive #troll >:3
Everyone passes Enforced. That's not an accomplishment :p

You're the best Enforced. Don't let Roo hold you down!
gn96oKv.gif

Omnicent

Reading this thread at work and it's painful. 2 hours and 45 minutes till I can go home and then I can try out my new specs on all the tracks.

llehuty

I'm struggling with the DLC. I have update 3.0, but still I can't get the download from mk8 main menu's shop. What am I doing wrong?

DaBoss

I got Mario Kart'd bad there. Went from first to last. The worst part is that a red shell that should have hit second place hit me is what started it all.

Teknoman

Do we know all the tracks for DLC Pack 2?

We know shit for pack 2

DLC 3 and 4... Star Fox and Metroid tracks.

They simply have to announce more DLC. Two packs isn't nearly enough no matter what they pack into them.

I hope so. I mean they dont have to go SSB levels of crazy...but then again, I wouldnt mind it.

EDIT: Where is everyone in normal DLC? Or is there a full group already and I got slotted into B squad?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wow. that first cup my god its amazing.

dragon the weakest but its also great. yoshi excite and fzero are masterful. money well spent here

Ricky 7

If you go to the Amiibo menu and look at all the Character art icons, Captain Falcon is the only one with an original portrait whilst everyone else uses a reused image. Maybe Captain Falcon will be a part of DLC 3?

Edit: Also Fox, so maybe he'll be in DLC 4?

E-phonk

Banned
I hope so. I mean they dont have to go SSB levels of crazy...but then again, I wouldnt mind it.

Since it's DLC I don't mind. I think it's a great idea to keep mario kart regular mario kart, and expand it with nintendo franchises for the DLC. Best of both worlds.

There is nothing about this DLC I do not love.

EDI3w7j.jpg

The little bit of red under the awning, likely baked-in radiosity.

GAPmxq6.jpg

Everything on this track.

uQEwcjZ.jpg

Dat lighting.

ucRYIcs.jpg

Bling Thwomps.

oraYkIc.jpg

Wipeout vibes.

jJlWTwC.jpg

Hyrule Castle looking majestic as heck.

Leatherface

just wanted to jump in here quickly to say I just got back from trying out all the new tracks on my lunch break. There are zero bad tracks. This DLC is EPIC! I love it!

Such a great piece of DLC - really loving the new tracks. The only track I really don't like that much is the Wario Gold Mine, but the rest are aces. I surprisingly love the Excitebike track a lot more than I thought I would. From the previews, it looked boring and too simple, but the constant jumps and ramps makes it awesome and really fun. I played it with a buddy of mine this morning since we were both off work, and had a blast. Mute City is probably my favorite - god tier track.

Now if Nintendo *really* wanted to make us happy, they would add battle mode arena DLC next.

Booted the DLC up, gave it a quick whirl, fell in love with the Dragon Driftway track. Move over N64 Bowser's Castle, I think I may have a new favourite MK track.

Booted the DLC up, gave it a quick whirl, fell in love with the Dragon Driftway track. Move over N64 Bowser's Castle, I think I may have a new favourite MK track.

I enjoy that course, but on Mirror mode, I'm fucking terrible at it. I feel like I need a better handling character + bike/kart combo to do well on it.

Oidisco

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but since the update this morning I've been having almost zero lag problems with the game. No trailing red shells, no getting hit by "invisible items" and almost all my items actually hit people properly unlike before where a redshell would hit someone and not affect them.

Anyone else notice this?

Top Bottom